why is COD4 considered the best in series?

#51reptyle101Posted 11/10/2012 11:47:11 AM
You're ignoring UAV and and the fact that everyone depended on it for kills. If one team didn't have their UAV up they done horribly.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#52TaKun782Posted 11/10/2012 11:57:31 AM
HeyItsZant posted...
Because of this:

http://tinyurl.com/bydserf

YES! THIS^

Crossfire....everyone loved this map. The only one i always wanted to play all the time. Sure i still think COD4 still has the best maps. But that one stood out the most.
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#53Pinoy441Posted 11/10/2012 12:00:43 PM
reptyle101 posted...
You're ignoring UAV and and the fact that everyone depended on it for kills. If one team didn't have their UAV up they done horribly.

If you depended on UAV in ANY CoD game for kills your awareness skills are pretty low and you should probably raise those

You never needed UAV to get kills in CoD unless you A) Camped so hard that you forget how to realize when someone is about to come by you or B) Ran around without even bothering to check some of the most popular choke/camp points
---
*grabs popcorn*
#54PathlessBulletPosted 11/10/2012 12:02:39 PM
Pinoy441 posted...
Heroicmedic92 posted...
QuBix posted...
It's the best because it wasn't kill streaks focused

LOL yes it was

If you are going to defend a game at least do it right.

No, no it really wasn't

Air strikes would barely kill anyone if the enemy team was semi competent, same thing with the chopper as there would be someone who would've shot it down within the first 5 seconds because the choppers *le gasp* didn't get flares that let it stay in the air for 30 seconds

Also after 7 kills (IF you got lucky) it was all about gun game after

Are you talking about Modern Warfare 2 & 3? Because air support shouldn't even make it to the battlefield if you have a stinger.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#55Heroicmedic92Posted 11/10/2012 12:03:45 PM
Pinoy441 posted...
Heroicmedic92 posted...
QuBix posted...

LOL yes it was

No, no it really wasn't

Air strikes would barely kill anyone if the enemy team was semi competent, same thing with the chopper as there would be someone who would've shot it down within the first 5 seconds because the choppers *le gasp* didn't get flares that let it stay in the air for 30 seconds

LOL

airstrikes had ridiculous explosion radius. UAV was ridiculously overpowered

attack helicopters were so OP i can't even imagine.It's so easy to get one and the only way you could shoot it down is with a rpg or a turret. You needed to make sure the RPG hit the helicopter in the first place (which is luck on certain maps) and even then, since they were so easy to get people could just call another one in.
#56reptyle101Posted 11/10/2012 12:10:14 PM(edited)
If you think people don't depend on UAV for kills you're kidding yourself. There are a lot of people that look at the minimap more than the actual screen when they are playing. I used to be like that but when I first prestiged on Blops I decided to try to ignore the minimap and have gotten a lot more aware of the game as a result.

The point is most people you'll play against online need the UAV on to do well. Try making a note of how much you look the minimap to find out where the enemy is. I think you'll find you are much more reliant on it than you originally thought.

Unless you exclusively play HC modes of course.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#57phillyeagles123Posted 11/10/2012 12:12:25 PM
Because it wasn't some rehashed turd like every other COD that released after it. It was new and innovative for its time.
#58Pinoy441Posted 11/10/2012 12:13:54 PM
reptyle101 posted...
If you think people don't depend on UAV for kills you're kidding yourself. There are a lot of people that look at the minimap more than the actual screen when they are playing. I used to be like that but when I first prestiged on Blops I decided to try to ignore the minimap and have gotten a lot more aware of the game as a result.

The point is most people you'll play against online need the UAV on to do well. Try making a note of how much you look the minimap to find out where the enemy is. I think you'll find you are much more reliant on it than you originally thought.

Unless you exclusively play HC modes of course.

Then those people need to get good, I've only noticed the minimap flash red dots when there were gunshots and even then its rare to even need it

You can obviously hear footsteps gunshots nades etc. unless they have dead silence
---
*grabs popcorn*
#59Pinoy441Posted 11/10/2012 12:15:08 PM
Heroicmedic92 posted...
Pinoy441 posted...
Heroicmedic92 posted...
QuBix posted...

LOL yes it was

No, no it really wasn't

LOL

airstrikes had ridiculous explosion radius. UAV was ridiculously overpowered

attack helicopters were so OP i can't even imagine.It's so easy to get one and the only way you could shoot it down is with a rpg or a turret. You needed to make sure the RPG hit the helicopter in the first place (which is luck on certain maps) and even then, since they were so easy to get people could just call another one in.

Airstrikes explosion radius = negated if your inside a building

Attack helicopters OP? LOL RPG says hi and even then its called go inside a building and stay away from windows/doors
---
*grabs popcorn*
#60torey_caylorPosted 11/10/2012 12:17:14 PM
Maps along with less crap to exploit

But mostly maps, the huge aspect that either makes or breaks the shooters. Maps just had a nice flow and were well made for the most part.