why is COD4 considered the best in series?

#61DutchZombiePosted 11/10/2012 11:25:47 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
DutchZombie posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Lennox_GOAT posted...
I am an elite COD player who still plays COD 4.

My favorite part of the game (and of COD 5) is that it gives the player one huge choice: Jugg, SP, or Camo.

There is a gameplay tradeoff immediately depending on which one of the 3 you pick.

Well you had to pick stopping power or you'd be at a disadvantage... so.....

1) You didn't have to

2) Using UAV jammer wasn't a disadvantage, it was a trade off. That's a big difference. People that say picking SP was a must are either not very creative with different play styles or have terrible aim.

Yeah... um.... nope.

UAV jammer was a disadvantage. Stopping Power was essential for you to compete competitively with other SP users.

Myeah,... maybe if you were born with two left thumbs and were a few french fries short of a happy meal...keep trolling, buddy.
#62DaMan1900Posted 11/10/2012 11:32:42 AM
HeyItsZant posted...
Because of this:

http://tinyurl.com/bydserf

that map was amazing i miss cod4 wish they would clean up its mp
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#63blacklabelicePosted 11/10/2012 11:33:03 AM
because it was new for its time and people wouldnt rely on getting their enjoyment simply by spamming cheap kills whatever way possible just so they can send out all kinds of crazy killstreaks

people actually seemed to play as a team and shoot down enemy helicopters. remember those days?
#64xMessiahbolicalPosted 11/10/2012 11:35:27 AM
Best gun balance. Simplicity. Less focus on killstreak rewards and more focus on gunplay. Best looking/sounding gun models. Best/most memorable/versatile maps. Etc
---
SEEING THE RAMS D EXTINGUISH KOLB'S NONQUALITY DONG MAKES ME LONG FOR THE WARNER ERA
#65Coop14Posted 11/10/2012 11:36:09 AM
Saw, this, came to post that CoD4 was the best simply due to the innovative features it had. I will not pick up a CoD anymore, because IMO they're all TERRIBLE. Killstreak littered FFS

Also came because, jesus there is a TON of posters from the WoW boards posting in this topic 0.o
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#66reptyle101Posted 11/10/2012 11:43:01 AM
people wouldnt rely on getting their enjoyment simply by spamming cheap kills

Forgetting why the term Noobtube came about? Also Martydom, 3xFrag, 2xClaymore etc.
CoD4 was all 'cheap kills'.

people actually seemed to play as a team

No, no they didn't. If anything there was even less teamwork since most people fired their two noobtubes and their 3 frags randomly then ran out to get killed and drop their Martyrdom.

shoot down enemy helicopters

This never happened in CoD4. In all the time I played it, not once did I see a helicopter being shot down.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#67kuterPosted 11/10/2012 11:44:25 AM
Cod4 was the "Best" because it had killstreak and customizable gun part, with killstreak and perk, also aim down the sight, which was the first FPS shooter to ever put in. Was a big step for it's time.
#68Coop14Posted 11/10/2012 11:44:55 AM
people wouldnt rely on getting their enjoyment simply by spamming cheap kills

Forgetting why the term Noobtube came about? Also Martydom, 3xFrag, 2xClaymore etc.
CoD4 was all 'cheap kills'.

people actually seemed to play as a team

No, no they didn't. If anything there was even less teamwork since most people fired their two noobtubes and their 3 frags randomly then ran out to get killed and drop their Martyrdom.

shoot down enemy helicopters

This never happened in CoD4. In all the time I played it, not once did I see a helicopter being shot down.

Let me guess, your still in highschool, and barely played CoD4
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#69singhellotakuPosted 11/10/2012 12:14:53 PM
Mostly because it was the first, so people can pretend all its flaws were simply innovation, I preferred the insanity of MW2 frankly, don't know why so many people hate it, my only real issue with the series now is the horrible maps in the last couple games, hopefully Black Ops 2 changes that.
#70Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/10/2012 12:37:13 PM
CarpeDeump posted...
Hit Detection
Maps
Nuff Said.

QFT

Also an M14 that was beyond BOSS.