why is COD4 considered the best in series?

#71garcia_jxPosted 11/10/2012 12:48:19 PM
It is the best, because it was the first in the modern series. I remember when it was first announced on GameSpot that the new Call of Duty was going to be in modern times, everyone was bit****ng and crying. They thought the series was going to be ruined by it blah blah blah--kind of reminds of the intro to Burn Notice where Sam says, "you know spies, bunch of bi**hy little girls." The same applies to gamers (yes, me included). The game came out, and everyone loved it. The gameplay was addicting, the maps were great, and the time spent playing was endless. Then MW 2 was announced, and everyone went ape sh** over it. The gameplay was even more addicting with the new killstreaks. But somewhere along the lines of MW2 and Black Ops 2, Call of Duty became the most hated franchise.

My two cents: Modern Warfare 2 is the best in the series. Black Ops is my favorite though.
#72reptyle101Posted 11/10/2012 12:51:30 PM
Coop14 posted...
Let me guess, your still in highschool, and barely played CoD4

If you're saying that you quite obviously either haven't played CoD4 or played a pre-Bad Company 2 Battlefield game and are confusing it for CoD since the easy kills and lack of team focus is partly why CoD4 got so popular in the first place.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#73Superman070776Posted 11/10/2012 12:56:17 PM
Because they forget what it was like to get trapped in the bad spawn on Bog.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#74Coop14Posted 11/10/2012 2:13:05 PM
reptyle101 posted...
Coop14 posted...

If you're saying that you quite obviously either haven't played CoD4 or played a pre-Bad Company 2 Battlefield game and are confusing it for CoD since the easy kills and lack of team focus is partly why CoD4 got so popular in the first place.

My tier ten prestige and original CoD4 copy WHICH I can provide pics for proof if you would like say otherwise.

Never played either of those why are you bringing them into this debate? This is a CoD topic.

Lack of team focus? Did you EVER play S&D?

Hell CoD was the first time me and a group of friends would actually play games together.
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#75reptyle101Posted 11/10/2012 2:21:11 PM
SnD was about camping back in CoD4 like it always has been (and probably always will be). Friends =/= randoms. Maybe you and your friends played as a team but as someone who always played randoms (most of my friends were on a different console) randoms never played as a team.

Like I said I never once saw a helicopter being shot down and in the majority of the matches I played there were two kinds of players. People that sniped in one building all the time and people that only relied on random explosive kills.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#76bond465Posted 11/10/2012 2:42:11 PM
play call of duty 3....then play cod 4. thats why.
#77fatclemenzaPosted 11/10/2012 2:43:34 PM
SnD was about camping back in CoD4 like it always has been (and probably always will be). Friends =/= randoms. Maybe you and your friends played as a team but as someone who always played randoms (most of my friends were on a different console) randoms never played as a team.

Like I said I never once saw a helicopter being shot down and in the majority of the matches I played there were two kinds of players. People that sniped in one building all the time and people that only relied on random explosive kills.

I'm not going to call you a liar, but you're one of the very few people I've seen with that experience.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#78qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 11/10/2012 2:47:57 PM(edited)
Coop14 posted...
people wouldnt rely on getting their enjoyment simply by spamming cheap kills

Forgetting why the term Noobtube came about? Also Martydom, 3xFrag, 2xClaymore etc.
CoD4 was all 'cheap kills'.

people actually seemed to play as a team

No, no they didn't. If anything there was even less teamwork since most people fired their two noobtubes and their 3 frags randomly then ran out to get killed and drop their Martyrdom.

shoot down enemy helicopters

This never happened in CoD4. In all the time I played it, not once did I see a helicopter being shot down.

"You disagree with me and present far more valid posts than I have. That leads me to conclude that you must still be in high school (WTF does that have to do with anyways?) and have not played the game over which we are are arguing."

This is 80% of the people who claim that COD4 is the best COD.
---
"If you look good, you are good."
#79diebuster2Posted 11/10/2012 3:17:57 PM
xMessiahbolical posted...
Best gun balance. Simplicity. Less focus on killstreak rewards and more focus on gunplay. Best looking/sounding gun models. Best/most memorable/versatile maps. Etc

---
Dreams are like rainbows; only idiots catch them.
Playing: Borderlands 2, ToGraces F.
#80RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 11/10/2012 3:51:39 PM
reptyle101 posted...
people wouldnt rely on getting their enjoyment simply by spamming cheap kills

Forgetting why the term Noobtube came about? Also Martydom, 3xFrag, 2xClaymore etc.
CoD4 was all 'cheap kills'.

people actually seemed to play as a team

No, no they didn't. If anything there was even less teamwork since most people fired their two noobtubes and their 3 frags randomly then ran out to get killed and drop their Martyrdom.

shoot down enemy helicopters

This never happened in CoD4. In all the time I played it, not once did I see a helicopter being shot down.

I don't say things like this very often but you clearly played against the worst players, with the worst players and those players may or may not be your friends (depending on if you have any who played with you) and I'm going to guess you were a bad player.

Teamwork was incredibly prevalent. Only the players who couldn't kill with their gun behaved as you described or were just out to 'troll' in game. You seem to indicate yourself that you'd never shot down a heli also. The term noobtube came about because the weapon use itself was generally a crutch for an unskilled player, not because it was common.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.