why is COD4 considered the best in series?

#81Akiba69Posted 11/10/2012 5:01:50 PM
Having played this all day, it is still too early to say, but it is definitely up there with CoD 4 for me.
---
Want a Nuketown Zombies Code? PM me.
#82DarkTyrantXPosted 11/10/2012 5:07:12 PM
Reason whuy COD 4 gets lots of praise:

-Most balanced COD compared to the next games.
-Best maps
-kept it simple. Only 3 killstreaks and overall now a mess in the screen or game.
#83x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 11/10/2012 5:10:10 PM
I preferred the simplicity and map design. Vacant and Crash were hands down two of the best maps I've ever played. Everyone was on the same playing ground too in terms of kill streaks - UAV, Airstrike and Chopper. No crazy Predator missiles, Nukes, Dogs, Chopper Gunners, etc. It was truly about gun on gun gameplay - not sitting in a chopper.
#84sirwilliam0101Posted 11/10/2012 5:11:10 PM
PDXRoverMech posted...
because it was ground breaking. because the maps were great. because KSs werent a big deal so everyone did play like a puss. because it actually had things to climb. because trying to shoot a chopper down with an inaccurate rpg was cool. because QSing wasnt a big problem.

If they released a new version of COD4 (no glitches, hacks, 4 new maps) i'd buy it.

Shooting a Chopper down with an RPG was such a great feeling. FLYSWATTER.

unlimited choppers was awesome, and i think fair if you can accomplish it.

Shipment anyone? All the maps were amazing.

cod 4 maps should be recreated on every damn game
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Wudien/stats/356609841/
#85seoulspiritPosted 11/10/2012 5:16:46 PM
sirwilliam0101 posted...
PDXRoverMech posted...
because it was ground breaking. because the maps were great. because KSs werent a big deal so everyone did play like a puss. because it actually had things to climb. because trying to shoot a chopper down with an inaccurate rpg was cool. because QSing wasnt a big problem.

If they released a new version of COD4 (no glitches, hacks, 4 new maps) i'd buy it.

Totally agree with that statement
---
Youtube:SeoulTeamworkGaming | PSN: Seoul_Teamwork
http://www.youtube.com/user/SeoulTeamworkGaming?feature=mhee
#86x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 11/10/2012 5:33:04 PM
sirwilliam0101 posted...
PDXRoverMech posted...

OMG Shipment was a cluster **** of awesomeness!
#87GevousPosted 11/10/2012 5:35:29 PM
It's the best because it wasn't kill streaks focused and its maps were top notch plus the player count was smaller therefor less annoying players online, especially hardcore mode. I can go on but I'll just leave it at that.

Player count has literally nothing to do with that. Player count being smaller means there will be less non annoying players as well.
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet.
#88Erupt50Posted 11/10/2012 5:40:33 PM
Gevous posted...
It's the best because it wasn't kill streaks focused and its maps were top notch plus the player count was smaller therefor less annoying players online, especially hardcore mode. I can go on but I'll just leave it at that.

Player count has literally nothing to do with that. Player count being smaller means there will be less non annoying players as well.

That's true but the community as a whole was just more mature it seemed. Once Halo kinda died out all the halo kids jumped ship to CoD and that's when things went downhill.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#89DividerByZeroPosted 11/10/2012 6:05:23 PM
qlaxmicmizzel38 posted...
Coop14 posted...
people wouldnt rely on getting their enjoyment simply by spamming cheap kills

Forgetting why the term Noobtube came about? Also Martydom, 3xFrag, 2xClaymore etc.
CoD4 was all 'cheap kills'.

people actually seemed to play as a team

No, no they didn't. If anything there was even less teamwork since most people fired their two noobtubes and their 3 frags randomly then ran out to get killed and drop their Martyrdom.

shoot down enemy helicopters

This never happened in CoD4. In all the time I played it, not once did I see a helicopter being shot down.

Let me guess, your still in highschool, and barely played CoD4

"You disagree with me and present far more valid posts than I have. That leads me to conclude that you must still be in high school (WTF does that have to do with anyways?) and have not played the game over which we are are arguing."

This is 80% of the people who claim that COD4 is the best COD.

But it's true. If you think any other CoD beat CoD4, you either never played it or you're bad. Both of which are a possibility for you.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#90Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/10/2012 6:06:52 PM
Better gun balance
Better map balance
Better Killstreak balance
Better competitve scene

The only things I don't like about COD4 are 3x frag grenades on small maps and the M40A3 with ACOG. Honestly though, people who used M40A3 with ACOG had a range disadvantage. So any good sniper could still make them ragequit. They mostly fed on up close kills against people with their backs turned. Very rarely did I ever see a M40A3 with ACOG dominate so it wasn't OP by any means but annoying as hell. Which narrows it down to 3x Frag as my only legitimate complaint.

If there was a single lobby available now that wasn't hacked to **** I would rather play WaW or COD4 than pretty much all current COD games.

Nostalgia is not a factor. Fun is a factor. COD4 was/is fun. WaW was/is fun. MW2 and on lost the fun when the game became all about who could camp the hardest to get the highest OP Killstreak first.

Flame away if you wish.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST