How do the tokens work?

#1jessejarrarPosted 11/10/2012 10:44:23 AM
Do you get one every level?
Also, is it possible to unlock everything without prestiging? I somehow got prestige 13 before I sold mw3, so I'm burnt out on that.

Thanks!
#2cwatz12Posted 11/10/2012 10:58:57 AM
There are 2 types of tokens.

First, the prestige tokens from MW3 will return. When you prestige you can permanently unlock a piece of content.

The second takes a bit more explanation. Guns/perks and so forth are level gated, just like any cod you know.

However they dont automatically unlock, they just become available when you hit that gate.

Everytime you level up you get 1 token that you can spend on something. This means at level 55 you will have 55 tokens that you could have spent - along with a few free things you get at level 4.

You WILL NOT be able to unlock every single thing in a single prestige.
#3Jackie_ChandlerPosted 11/10/2012 11:15:23 AM
^Thanks for the explanation. That's exactly what I've been looking for. Can you tell us how many unlocks there are total (or in other words, how many unlocks you'll be without before you Prestige your first time)? And speaking of which, how does Prestiging work with this system? I've heard you get a certain amount of tokens to permanently unlock weapons with, but I'm not sure how true it is (and if it is, how many perma-unlock tokens you get per Prestige).
---
XBL: Jackie Chandler | PSN: Jackie_Chandler
Pokemon White: 3525-2142-9932
#4cwatz12Posted 11/10/2012 11:25:58 AM
Jackie_Chandler posted...
^Thanks for the explanation. That's exactly what I've been looking for. Can you tell us how many unlocks there are total (or in other words, how many unlocks you'll be without before you Prestige your first time)? And speaking of which, how does Prestiging work with this system? I've heard you get a certain amount of tokens to permanently unlock weapons with, but I'm not sure how true it is (and if it is, how many perma-unlock tokens you get per Prestige).

I cant confirm, but I believe its only 1 permanent token per prestige.

There is roughly 100 things to unlock I think (give or take like 5). It wont be hard to get most things you want honestly. Skip weapon types you dont use (I dont touch snipers for example). You can also avoid most of the killstreaks, just pick 5-6 that you will frequently use.

If you want to do a bit of reading, you can see most of the things you can unlock, and what level they become available.
http://forums.digitalwarfare247.com/index.php?/topic/50633-black-ops-2-strategy-guide-spoilers-no-single-player/

As for prestiging, ontop of the token you can do a full stat reset, get an extra create a class, or "respec" your character. What this means is sometime during your next prestige, you can hit that and it will give you all of your unlock tokens back to respend however you want.

Other things you might not know is that weapon experience is back like mw3. Attachments come purely from that, not unlock tokens or anything. Weapons can also be prestiged.

Hopefully that answers most of what you wanted to know.