Dual play

#1Andrew_RyannPosted 11/10/2012 3:42:15 PM
WTF...I just clicked on this option and it says "While wearing special glasses, Dual Play allowes you to enjoy split screen multiplayer games in full screen for each player, In other words, players 1 and 2 can now both enjoy their own viewpoint on a full screen, without seeing each other's screen while playing on the same TV. "

Apart from blowing my mind, does this mean that split screeners will become the new skill feint? "Oh those guys are split screeners, easy kills", then they both proceed to destroy you.
#2JTC87Posted 11/10/2012 4:05:13 PM
How does this even work?
#3MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/10/2012 4:07:41 PM
While I don't quite believe this, I would imagine it works like 3D.
Special glasses shutter at the same time the TV rapidly switches between images.
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#4KabtheMentatPosted 11/10/2012 4:08:43 PM
Works similar to 3DTV. It projects two pictures on the screen and each of the glasses you wear separate them
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#5DarkemastePosted 11/10/2012 4:21:21 PM
Hmm, you talking about those special tv's that Sony developed some time ago?

Remember hearing something about that a while back, but as far as I know you had to buy a certain TV.
My first immediate thought was that the 2nd player could get away with screen-picking. *lifts 3D glasses up/tilts head down for a second*
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
Occupy Sesame Street
#6demo_vol1Posted 11/10/2012 4:32:32 PM
Dual Play has been in cod since Black ops. I brought over my playstation to my sisters house to try out the my 3d games like Killzone and Resistance and it turns out you could play dual play with zombies. Its pretty cool.
---
Currently playing Minecraft on my Phone, Xbox and iMac but not Ps3 :'(
PSN/XBL: demo_vol1
#7lapot1Posted 11/10/2012 4:40:08 PM
Yeah I'm not sure this works on 360 but it's been around for PS3 for a bit. That's kinda cool but I don;t think it can be good for your eyes... I don't know though I;ve never witnessed it in person.