preorder bonus frustration!!!

#1Kefkas_RevengePosted 11/10/2012 9:55:06 PM
So I pre ordered Blackops 2 about a week ago and tonight went to go in and put my promo code in and I keep getting "Promo Code Invalid". Gamestop is no help on the phone. There are no zero's or o's in my code...so no conflict there. This is extremely frustrating because it says on reciept deadline is on the 12th. I could care less about the trip giveaway chance and the other stuff. The main question is does this code have to be redeemed to be able to get the bonus nuketown 2025 map? Some people say that all pre orders come with the dlc in it, as in the game has a download code for the map. Gamestop makes it seem like the only way to get this map bonus is to register before the 12th with thier promo code that isnt working. I looked this problem up and tons of people are getting the invalid promo message. So ultimately is the whole gamestop code in effect not needed because first batch of copies will have the bonus DLC? Info appreciated.
#2zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/10/2012 9:55:40 PM
That code doesn't give you nuketown. Nuketown comes in the form of a flyer inside the game box.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#3Kefkas_Revenge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 9:58:26 PM
So what is the gamestop code for then. because they advertise this nuketown map as one of the main perks...or is it all just a marketing ploy to get ur email adress ect...?
#4JTC87Posted 11/10/2012 10:01:56 PM
Use the code for one of the 3 options. http://www.gamestopblackops2.com/
#5Kefkas_Revenge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 10:05:27 PM
So what ur saying is at the end of the day I could not even put in gamestops pre-order code and all launch copies have nuketown?.....
#6JTC87Posted 11/10/2012 10:06:00 PM
Kefkas_Revenge posted...
So what ur saying is at the end of the day I could not even put in gamestops pre-order code and all launch copies have nuketown?.....

That is correct.
#7MoegittoPosted 11/10/2012 10:27:59 PM
The old Gamestop trick, also known as lie dead in your face. Always check online for stuff first, Gamestop doesn't even know you get a free digital copy of Crysis with Crysis 3. Most of Gamestops "pre-order" bonuses are packaged in the game, they just say things to pad their sales because employees can actually be fired for not bringing in enough pre-orders or taking too many cancels. Gamestop is literally a physical in your face telemarketer, don't meet numbers? You're fired. Employees live in fear of that so they will lie, cheat, and bribe customers to get numbers.
#8HardkodePosted 11/11/2012 12:10:09 AM
how about waiting until the DLC is released to download it?
#9Superman070776Posted 11/11/2012 12:23:49 AM
Best Buy and Walmart offering Nuketown 2025 also should have been your first clue.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.