Dropshotting nerfed? (video)

#11Aether_Lyric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:31:54 AM
Eternal_Warlord posted...
I look at that as possibly a nerf but also useful to have that spread.

So. It could be both. Nerf and buff. If someone strafes now the spread is wider making it easier to hit them. At the same time it could screw you over of course but this may be a silver lining.

Or it could just be a bug.

I can't see it being a benefit at all, wider bullet spreads can only be a good thing for shotguns. Probably easier to tell in practice though.

It won't stop dropshotting but I think what it will do is make it really useless at mid-long ranges, which is fine by me.
#12Soul_On_DisplayPosted 11/11/2012 2:32:08 AM
It makes sense. I believe dropshotting is 100% harmless to gameplay, but without a 1-hit melee, which I believe we can't do by default anymore, dropshotting would have been everywhere. There would be no point in not dropshotting in CQC since knifing has been nerfed.

It still makes me really sad, though.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
#13ALLENO31Posted 11/11/2012 2:34:07 AM
Soul_On_Display posted...
It makes sense. I believe dropshotting is 100% harmless to gameplay, but without a 1-hit melee, which I believe we can't do by default anymore, dropshotting would have been everywhere. There would be no point in not dropshotting in CQC since knifing has been nerfed.

It still makes me really sad, though.

kinves kill in one hit but the lunge has been nerfed
---
if you want to join the Bar With No Name just PM me :)
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s464/ALLENO31/churchsign.jpg
#14Soul_On_DisplayPosted 11/11/2012 2:39:46 AM
ALLENO31 posted...
kinves kill in one hit but the lunge has been nerfed

I heard that it only becomes a 1 hit when with an attachment/perk? Either that or this attachment/perk adds lunge then. They apparently nerf DSing but they keep knifing as a 1 hit kill? That's not what I wanted to hear.
---
#15Aether_Lyric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:41:05 AM
Knife is still a 1HK but there is basically no lunge unless you're right infront of them
#16ALLENO31Posted 11/11/2012 2:43:34 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Knife is still a 1HK but there is basically no lunge unless you're right infront of them

This.

first thing i done was go on to a bot game with a knife only class
---
if you want to join the Bar With No Name just PM me :)
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s464/ALLENO31/churchsign.jpg
#17Bad0CompannyPosted 11/11/2012 2:44:00 AM

I heard/saw no lunge from the front, but a little bit from the back and sides, so basically if your stalking someone you can knife them, but you can't knife someone through a hail of bullets.
---
Steam & XBL - xNo L1m1tZx, Origin - xNoL1m1tZx
Currently playing BF3, Recon only, go ahead, cry some more.
#18Soul_On_DisplayPosted 11/11/2012 2:47:09 AM
It's a little bit better but I still would have preferred an extension for a 1HK melee. I hope they haven't changed the nature of soundwhoring too much either.
---
#19BrownPackPosted 11/11/2012 3:25:01 AM
I never dropshotted nor did I ever complain about it, but I'm kinda disappointed that they nerfed it. It just goes to show you that the developers at Activision will listen to anything that the community cries about and change it just to make them happy.
#20Weiland101Posted 11/11/2012 3:35:10 AM
BrownPack posted...
I never dropshotted nor did I ever complain about it, but I'm kinda disappointed that they nerfed it. It just goes to show you that the developers at Activision will listen to anything that the community cries about and change it just to make them happy.

I'm the same. I don't do it myself but never really had an issue with it, at all.