Dropshotting nerfed? (video)

#31fatclemenzaPosted 11/11/2012 7:24:37 AM
Jumpshotting will be where it's at.

Strafejump into a dropshot = mad corner campers (who will always be on UAV now) :3
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#32ZachistanPosted 11/11/2012 7:24:46 AM
I guess it's fair though, sort of. They made the knife useless so default doesn't have much of an advantage, so they had to get rid of the advantage to using Tactical as well.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#33XxOblivion77Posted 11/11/2012 7:42:53 AM
I don't mind this change all that much. I guess it would help for close range a bit... not really but it's not that bad.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
Behold the power of Canadian Host.
#34RE4_StrangerPosted 11/11/2012 7:56:33 AM
ckleckner posted...
peopel shouldnt be drop shoting its annoying and i assume those who do it have modded controllers as its easier with one.

Why do you say you need a modded controller to do it? I tried it once or twice and do not use a modded controller and never would as it defeats the purpose of competition and makes a win meaningless if you cheat, but it was easily doable without a modded controller.

I will admit it is a little easier with my Razer Onza TE but even still I just can't be bothered to use it. And dealing with it is the simple matter of looking down. Why do some many people complain. You just look down as they do it...
---
Feel free to add me if we play something in common
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Fus Ro Dah Eh
#35drill beesPosted 11/11/2012 8:03:35 AM
ckleckner posted...
peopel shouldnt be drop shoting its annoying and i assume those who do it have modded controllers as its easier with one.

People shouldn't try to kill me when I play, it's annoying.
---
Incorrectly used terms start to lose their original meaning.
#36xGenocidestPosted 11/11/2012 8:09:37 AM
Dropshotting = One step up from Last Stand
---
Oh I know I lived this life before. Somehow I know now truths I must be sure.
#37blacklabelicePosted 11/11/2012 9:06:00 AM(edited)
DOSF posted...
Not a whine, but I laugh at replies like Sully's who label people who dropshot as scrubs. All it is is a motion of pressing two different actions almost at once. It isn't cheating.

With said logic, let me guess that when you're on high ground with someone with their back to you, you don't jump and shoot straight away, you wait till you land, right?

So yeah, lol at the slight insult towards people who may or may have not killed you. Go be bad some more.

its not cheating. its being a scrub. and quite honestly it looks rather stupid seeing people dolphin diving all up and down the map every time they sees an enemy.

whatever though. if people are going to do it just to be flashy or annoying then let them. it just makes for easier headshots. it does have its benefits when the outcome of living or dieing can be determined in a fraction of a second and you need to find cover or reload.

but relying on it just to get kills is rather silly. its just one more extra button to use as a crutch.
#38Masterpie3000Posted 11/11/2012 9:17:18 AM
the real question is, if you go prone than start shooting are your shots so spread out, I do enjoy proning and taking out enemies
---
[OhYa] (kool aid clan) founder/leader PSN OhYa_GRAPEaid
KoolAidKoalition- youtube (lots of great borderlands 2 footage)
#39destructoclausPosted 11/11/2012 9:43:47 AM
Meh, this isn't going to affect me one iota for what I use dropshotting for. I'll continue to use it with perfect efficiency for my purposes.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#40Gunther482Posted 11/11/2012 9:45:13 AM
They aren't even that hard to counter. If I run into a lobby full of drop shotters I automatically start aiming at their feet or switch to a RF SMG class and hip fire spray them down.