Dropshotting nerfed? (video)

#41ih0tfireiPosted 11/11/2012 10:28:10 AM
ckleckner posted...
peopel shouldnt be drop shoting its annoying and i assume those who do it have modded controllers as its easier with one.

What are you talking about? Dropshotting is easy and it only really works against scrubs who are not prepared for it. If you have your button config to tactical you can aim while going into prone.

I also don't see the hate for it. It only really works at close range and as a means to counter panic knife. If you were getting killed at mid range by a dropshotter its really your fault.
---
360 tag- I Hotfire I
#42JinKisaragi211Posted 11/11/2012 10:33:02 AM
ih0tfirei posted...
ckleckner posted...
peopel shouldnt be drop shoting its annoying and i assume those who do it have modded controllers as its easier with one.

What are you talking about? Dropshotting is easy and it only really works against scrubs who are not prepared for it. If you have your button config to tactical you can aim while going into prone.

I also don't see the hate for it. It only really works at close range and as a means to counter panic knife. If you were getting killed at mid range by a dropshotter its really your fault.

This.
---
They call me Hadouken. 'Cuz I'm Down, Right, Fierce!
#43NidtendofreakPosted 11/11/2012 10:49:08 AM
JinKisaragi211 posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
ckleckner posted...

This.

Not that. Not when as far back as MW2 you could aim at a guy's legs and fire before he starts to drop to the ground at mid range, and he magically doesn't take a single hit while he has his knees, then torso, then the top of his head in the middle of your iron sights. In a game with nobody below 3 bars.

CoD can't handle accurately deciding if your bullets hit somebody in the middle of dropping to prone. They really just need to make it so that if you go from crouched to prone you stop firing and then have to bring back up your gun after you're on the ground, as if you had switched back to whatever weapon is in your hand. Dropshotting is lag abuse, nothing more.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#44CallMeSeekerPosted 11/11/2012 10:55:14 AM
fatclemenza posted...
Looks like it makes ADS count as hipfire on the way down. Doesn't matter to me, I hipfire when I dropshot most of the time anyway. Say mad kids.

Yeah, it's not like I'm drop-shotting when the enemy's across the map anyway. It's not that big a deal.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB
#45BrownPackPosted 11/11/2012 4:26:10 PM
Xeliath posted...
1. remove dropshotting
2. remove prone

enjoy the faster and fun straight up shooter

selfish post detected. You say remove prone now, but you would regret it terribly shortly after the game's release.
#46Astro_B0mbPosted 11/11/2012 5:26:05 PM
Bad0Companny posted...
Thank f****** god, drop shotting is one of the most stupid thing in COD games. Now people might actually have to use skill to kill a better player instead of using broken game mechanics. Loving this game more and more.

And yeah, having seen someone try drop shotting in real life, I can attest to how BS it is.

Or perhaps you're just bad and can't aim down? Lmao broken game mechanic.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#47DXLR8RPosted 11/11/2012 5:31:37 PM
Damn it, the decisions made in this game are making me want to pick this game up after I swore of CoD since BLOPS - man oh man.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox
#48DepreceV2Posted 11/11/2012 5:54:04 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Jumpshotting will be where it's at.

Strafejump into a dropshot = mad corner campers (who will always be on UAV now) :3

I do this. I love just jumping around corners into a dropshot. Really catches people off guard. Especially that corner camper.
---
This is a message board. I don't care about my spelling or grammar on GFaqs. You don't like my grammar mistakes? Get over it.
#49Bad0CompannyPosted 11/11/2012 6:02:36 PM(edited)
Bad0Companny posted...
Thank f****** god, drop shotting is one of the most stupid thing in COD games. Now people might actually have to use skill to kill a better player instead of using broken game mechanics. Loving this game more and more.

And yeah, having seen someone try drop shotting in real life, I can attest to how BS it is.

Or perhaps you're just bad and can't aim down? Lmao broken game mechanic.

Just because I find the use of dropshotting extremely annoying and pathetic does not mean that I have a problem killing them.

It's the same as when people were abusing the M26 on BF3 and I complained about that. I don't think I ever actually died from it, but it is/was a broken game mechanic that people were taking advantage of to enable them to kill superior players.
---
Steam & XBL - xNo L1m1tZx, Origin - xNoL1m1tZx
Currently playing BF3, Recon only, go ahead, cry some more.
#50angrybirdsdudePosted 11/11/2012 6:22:29 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Jumpshotting will be where it's at.

Strafejump into a dropshot = mad corner campers (who will always be on UAV now) :3

that + stalker make me want to break my disc, being a DSL user and all :s
---
spread the <3