I thought panic knifing was removed

#11xGenocidestPosted 11/11/2012 9:02:32 AM
OnDiscDLC posted...
KillerChristian posted...
OnDiscDLC posted...
halo3bruno posted...
Based on what you complained about in stating it was a panic knife, you don't know what panic knifing is. What they did is take out the knife lunge from the front.

It's still considered a panic knife if the player is close enough for the knife to touch you.

what.........

If a player was in front of you and you shot your gun, but he knifed you since he was close enough, you wouldn't consider that a panic knife?

No, I'd consider that proper use of the mechanics. I obviously could have knifed him first, but I chose to shoot instead. That was my mistake.

A "panic knife" would be knifing at nothing when your way too far away and dont know what to do, or randomly pushing the R3 button down.

If I knife you on purpose, because I know I can kill you before you kill me, how is that "panicking?"

People need to stop whining. Its been in the other games, it should stay in the games. The only thing wrong with the knifing was the lunges.
---
Oh I know I lived this life before. Somehow I know now truths I must be sure.
#12Scottydont19Posted 11/11/2012 9:18:57 AM
When I think of panic knifing, it usually happens like this. I'm running around a corner and I come face to face with a guy that I didn't know would be there and I click the thumb stick. For those that have quick reflexes are good at knifing and are able to do it on purpose in situations like that. For some, they do it accidentally, which is what I would concider panic knifing.

I don't think knifing is that big of a problem. If you complain about it a lot, try to not put yourselves in that situation anymore. And if it keeps happening lot, work on knifing people and eventually you might get to the point where you get him instead of him getting you.
#13garcia_jxPosted 11/11/2012 9:22:00 AM
xGenocidest posted...
OnDiscDLC posted...
KillerChristian posted...
OnDiscDLC posted...
halo3bruno posted...
Based on what you complained about in stating it was a panic knife, you don't know what panic knifing is. What they did is take out the knife lunge from the front.

It's still considered a panic knife if the player is close enough for the knife to touch you.

what.........

If a player was in front of you and you shot your gun, but he knifed you since he was close enough, you wouldn't consider that a panic knife?

No, I'd consider that proper use of the mechanics. I obviously could have knifed him first, but I chose to shoot instead. That was my mistake.

A "panic knife" would be knifing at nothing when your way too far away and dont know what to do, or randomly pushing the R3 button down.

If I knife you on purpose, because I know I can kill you before you kill me, how is that "panicking?"

People need to stop whining. Its been in the other games, it should stay in the games. The only thing wrong with the knifing was the lunges.
#14xGenocidestPosted 11/11/2012 9:27:59 AM
Scottydont19 posted...
For some, they do it accidentally, which is what I would concider panic knifing.

How do you "accidently" hit the R3 button when face to face with someone? You should still be faster than someone that doesn't know what they're doing and randomly hits the right button.

Heres how to avoid getting "panicked" knifed.

Dont run around like a chicken with your head cut off, come face to face with someone and shoot at their feet when you could have easily knifed them in the first place. I'd say you panicked and fired instead of knifing someone point black like you should have.

If they kill you, they did the right thing. Obviously you did something wrong, or were too slow.

It's part of the game, its supposed to be a one hit kill, and most likely thats the way its going to stay.

People need to stop crying about it, or just go play another game.
---
Oh I know I lived this life before. Somehow I know now truths I must be sure.
#15PastyPCNerdPosted 11/11/2012 9:37:05 AM
Panic Knife:

When one is surprised to be caught in a close-quarters situation, there first reaction is to mash the one-hit-kill button. These people typically cannot aim very well and tend to use the strongest (or low recoil) weapons, exclusively.

I've seen this scrubby "tactic" in other games as well. Back when I played Battlefield 3 (3-4 months ago), I was still seeing it. Surely, people would know, nearly a year after release, that knifing is a panic button in that game -- BUT -- it wouldn't be called "panic knifing" if people actually set up their knife kills (ie: sneaking up and using it from behind to remain hidden from the radar).
---
my machine is stronger than my 160lb body
#16drill beesPosted 11/11/2012 9:57:00 AM
PastyPCNerd posted...
Panic Knife:

When one is surprised to be caught in a close-quarters situation, there first reaction is to mash the one-hit-kill button. These people typically cannot aim very well and tend to use the strongest (or low recoil) weapons, exclusively.

I've seen this scrubby "tactic" in other games as well. Back when I played Battlefield 3 (3-4 months ago), I was still seeing it. Surely, people would know, nearly a year after release, that knifing is a panic button in that game -- BUT -- it wouldn't be called "panic knifing" if people actually set up their knife kills (ie: sneaking up and using it from behind to remain hidden from the radar).

Nice non sequitur
---
Incorrectly used terms start to lose their original meaning.
#17Gray_wolf1119Posted 11/11/2012 9:58:49 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
The knife in this game is awful...it has about a 10% success rate. You're better off just hip firing and praying.

good.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#18JTC87Posted 11/11/2012 10:00:42 AM
There is no such thing as panic knifing, if you have to use your knife for any reason, that is what the knife is meant for.
#19WM_PMCPosted 11/11/2012 10:23:07 AM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...
The knife in this game is awful...it has about a 10% success rate. You're better off just hip firing and praying.

good.

This.
---
PSN: WingNut125
http://w11.zetaboards.com/KillinginProgress/site/
#20fatclemenzaPosted 11/11/2012 10:24:43 AM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...

good.

This.

---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone