I thought panic knifing was removed

#31FinalWolfPosted 11/11/2012 10:45:18 AM
The lunge was the biggest problem putting 6 bullets in a guy, then he magically warps his knife into your heart.
---
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/finaldemon1/1314830395082.png
#32possessionPosted 11/11/2012 11:16:48 AM
drill bees posted...
possession posted...
PastyPCNerd posted...
drill bees posted...
PastyPCNerd posted...
Panic Knife:

When one is surprised to be caught in a close-quarters situation, there first reaction is to mash the one-hit-kill button. These people typically cannot aim very well and tend to use the strongest (or low recoil) weapons, exclusively.

I've seen this scrubby "tactic" in other games as well. Back when I played Battlefield 3 (3-4 months ago), I was still seeing it. Surely, people would know, nearly a year after release, that knifing is a panic button in that game -- BUT -- it wouldn't be called "panic knifing" if people actually set up their knife kills (ie: sneaking up and using it from behind to remain hidden from the radar).

Nice non sequitur

denial is not a good thing. the first step to over coming your panic/anxiety is admitting that you have a problem

And COMPLETELY ignoring that this so called "instant kill" is available to everyone isn't denial?

I've seen plenty of instances where someone "panic knifed" and missed.

He's just trolling

Of course I am. God forbid someone has a different opinion...
---
"Baldercrap! I created your universe. The only thing you created was my fist parallel to your face!" ~ Prof. Farnsworth
#33Spring RubberPosted 11/11/2012 11:18:49 AM
Do you really think drill bees is talking to you?
---
Da Bears - working our way through this unpredictable NFL season.
Cubs - we're literally better than the Astros.
#34possessionPosted 11/11/2012 11:29:54 AM
Last message in his quote, so...
---
"Baldercrap! I created your universe. The only thing you created was my fist parallel to your face!" ~ Prof. Farnsworth
#35Scottydont19Posted 11/11/2012 11:32:56 AM
xGenocidest posted...
Scottydont19 posted...
For some, they do it accidentally, which is what I would concider panic knifing.

How do you "accidently" hit the R3 button when face to face with someone? You should still be faster than someone that doesn't know what they're doing and randomly hits the right button.

Heres how to avoid getting "panicked" knifed.

Dont run around like a chicken with your head cut off, come face to face with someone and shoot at their feet when you could have easily knifed them in the first place. I'd say you panicked and fired instead of knifing someone point black like you should have.

If they kill you, they did the right thing. Obviously you did something wrong, or were too slow.

It's part of the game, its supposed to be a one hit kill, and most likely thats the way its going to stay.

People need to stop crying about it, or just go play another game.

I guess accidentally wasn't the word I should have used. But before I switched to tactical that's pretty much how I would get a knife kill. I would run into a guy and hit R3 without really meaning to and get the kill. But now that I use tactical I only knife when its planned because I have to take my thumb off the stick and hit B. I don't have a problem with people knifing me though. If they get the jump on me and knife me before I can react then that's my fault and I just try to work on either staying out of those situations or get better at knifing.
#36drill beesPosted 11/11/2012 11:33:45 AM
possession posted...

I was trying to tell you the guy you quoted and replied to was trolling because he's trying to argue using logical fallacies.
---
Incorrectly used terms start to lose their original meaning.
#37possessionPosted 11/11/2012 11:43:42 AM
drill bees posted...
possession posted...

I was trying to tell you the guy you quoted and replied to was trolling because he's trying to argue using logical fallacies.

Apologies then. Assumption once again makes a fool out of me. :(
---
#38PathlessBulletPosted 11/11/2012 11:48:49 AM
Gevous posted...
Panic knifing is when someone turns a corner and they "panic" when they see you and quickly hit their knife, hoping for the kill.

---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#39NightDrifter05Posted 11/11/2012 1:01:01 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Gevous posted...
Panic knifing is when someone turns a corner and they "panic" when they see you and quickly hit their knife, hoping for the kill.

How do you know it's panic and not a reflex? If I see someone and it's knifing range my first instinct is to hit the knife button instead of shooting but it's not due to a panic emotion causing me to accidentally press it and I think that would apply to most people who are accused of panic knifing. Do you think that same applies to shooting? Someone pop's around the corner at you and you just spray and pray? Same instance, same reflex, so it's the same thing. Panic knifing is a excuse for player's to use to justify the death by blaming it on a non-existent game flaw instead of accepting the fact the other player made a better in game decision.
#40MoegittoPosted 11/11/2012 1:05:39 PM
There is panic knifing in this game, it's just so weak you'll be laughed at as you fall from bullets. Been watching Wishbone on Own3d tv and he always tries to panic knife, nothing but hit markers. The ballistic knives are still the same as in BO, but the regular knife has been reduced to almost nothing. It's more of a novelty item.