I thought panic knifing was removed

#41ZephyrSSXPosted 11/11/2012 12:11:28 PM
Panic knifing exists.

Examples.

You shoot an unaware guy and he immediately swings his knife and starts moving all over.

You come around a corner and come face to face with a dude 10ft away. As soon as he sees you he knifes even though he can't remotely kill you.

There's others but lets be real... it exists. It's self-explanatory.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
#42ZephyrSSXPosted 11/11/2012 12:17:04 PM
NightDrifter05 posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Gevous posted...
Panic knifing is when someone turns a corner and they "panic" when they see you and quickly hit their knife, hoping for the kill.

How do you know it's panic and not a reflex? If I see someone and it's knifing range my first instinct is to hit the knife button instead of shooting but it's not due to a panic emotion causing me to accidentally press it and I think that would apply to most people who are accused of panic knifing. Do you think that same applies to shooting? Someone pop's around the corner at you and you just spray and pray? Same instance, same reflex, so it's the same thing. Panic knifing is a excuse for player's to use to justify the death by blaming it on a non-existent game flaw instead of accepting the fact the other player made a better in game decision.

Because it's usually low level scrubs with awful stats that go 2-20 every game. They see a guy show up on screen and immediately have the knee jerk reaction to subconsciously use their OHK button. They're bad, they panic.

Now knifing when it'll get you a kill is not wrong but don't pretend they do it from skill.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
#43Amac_09Posted 11/11/2012 12:23:18 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
NightDrifter05 posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Gevous posted...
Panic knifing is when someone turns a corner and they "panic" when they see you and quickly hit their knife, hoping for the kill.

How do you know it's panic and not a reflex? If I see someone and it's knifing range my first instinct is to hit the knife button instead of shooting but it's not due to a panic emotion causing me to accidentally press it and I think that would apply to most people who are accused of panic knifing. Do you think that same applies to shooting? Someone pop's around the corner at you and you just spray and pray? Same instance, same reflex, so it's the same thing. Panic knifing is a excuse for player's to use to justify the death by blaming it on a non-existent game flaw instead of accepting the fact the other player made a better in game decision.

Because it's usually low level scrubs with awful stats that go 2-20 every game. They see a guy show up on screen and immediately have the knee jerk reaction to subconsciously use their OHK button. They're bad, they panic.

Now knifing when it'll get you a kill is not wrong but don't pretend they do it from skill.

Even more so, regardless of kd or level, if you knife from more than arms length away it is panicking; basically the only time it isn't panic is when a knife would actually be legitimate weapon.
#44dorimePosted 11/11/2012 12:37:39 PM
If someone is within knife range, I knife them. That's not "panic" knifing, that's using the fastest method of killing in a given situation.

Of course, panic knifing does exist, but not all close-range knife kills are panic knifes.
---
\.../\.../
#45Saizen13Posted 11/11/2012 12:49:53 PM
I watched a lot of streams last night and panic knifing was everywhere. It all depends on your connection. It's just like with other cods. The lunge sometimes seemed nasty or like commando was back but that was only because the enemy was that far ahead of you.
---
http://www.youtube.com/Saizen13
#46drill beesPosted 11/11/2012 5:56:20 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
NightDrifter05 posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Gevous posted...

You're talking about an incredibly small percentage of people with that one.
---
Incorrectly used terms start to lose their original meaning.
#47GevousPosted 11/11/2012 6:09:09 PM
From: NightDrifter05 | Posted: 11/11/2012 12:01:01 PM | #039
PathlessBullet posted...
Gevous posted...

Panic knifers are the ones who do it due to panicking. The key word in my definition was "panic." If you do it because of reflex, then you don't really fall under the panic knifing category I guess.
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet.
#48T_r_a_m_PPosted 11/11/2012 6:20:21 PM
It will be interesting to see what the next 'cheap' tactic people are goin to complain about will turn out to be, and sumone already said that it has a 10% success rate, exaggeration yes, but why do they even care bout it, by their reasoning they should benefit from it
---
Gamertag: BuSteD TramP
Ewgh thats gotta hurt!
#49drill beesPosted 11/11/2012 6:24:35 PM
Gevous posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Gevous posted...

Panic knifers are the ones who do it due to panicking. The key word in my definition was "panic." If you do it because of reflex, then you don't really fall under the panic knifing category I guess.

As said earlier, how do you tell the difference between being killed by a reflex knife or a panic knife?
---
Incorrectly used terms start to lose their original meaning.
#50GevousPosted 11/11/2012 6:27:52 PM
Gevous posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Gevous posted...

As said earlier, how do you tell the difference between being killed by a reflex knife or a panic knife?

You don't? I don't know if they have amazing reflexes or are just panicking, and I don't really care. I have just been trying to clear any confusion, since some people seem to think that panic knifing doesn't exist. I didn't realize that we are trying to pick out who has good reflexes and who is panicking.
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet.