Halo 4 or BO2? Only want to get one but having a hard time on which.

#21SeminolehitmanPosted 11/11/2012 10:14:07 AM(edited)
@Flextacy I have played every Halo except four and you missed my point completely. Yea I haven't played this one so i don't know but in every other halo including reach you would have players who would team kill for weapons, every time it happened to me I would never get an option to boot yet the first time I kill them in revenge I get booted. It is called a flawed system, and like I said butthurt little kids would try to team kill for a sniper which they sucked at anyway.
---
Some people say a cucumber taste better pickled
#22cynicwithin2000Posted 11/11/2012 10:24:21 AM
If you like little kids that cry when you pick up a weapon they want and try to betray you get Halo 4.

If you like teenagers and twenty-somethings that cry and b**** when you pick up a weapon they want and try to betray you, get BO II.

Seriously, both communities are crap. I enjoy CoD games, but it's pretty much mandatory to completely mic mute everybody when I play. At least the little kids have an excuse, their little.
---
i7-2600k @4.6Ghz | MSI Z68A-GD80 | 16gig Corsair Vengence DDR3@1600 | 128gig ssd | 2TB 7200rpm | 2x GTX 580 SC | Corsair H70 | Corsiar 1200w PSU | Steam Powered
#23vigorm0rtisPosted 11/11/2012 10:30:03 AM
On a BO board, BO2 is the response you're gonna get. I tried yet again this week to get into Halo, and well Halo 4 is nominally better than other Halo games, IMO (the campaign's actually pretty good), the MP is still the Honest I'm a Supersoldier Not a Space Ballerina floaty formless gameplay it's always been. I'm hugely biased, obviously, but what I'm saying is if you like Halo games it deserves a rent.

I'm going with BO2.
---
Suck it, suck it dry!! --TheArcade
#24andru04Posted 11/11/2012 10:30:53 AM
I am by far a cod player, I just like the game better and I have a descent sized group of friends to always have people to play with when I am on. That being said, I have enjoyed halo and especially halo 4. I like the "extras" they have put into it, but you can see through the unlockable armor and the create-a-class, they have been inspired by COD games, which isn't bad it is good. Let's just hope blops 2 has truly changed enough to stand out!

also in Halo I hate that most people do not have mics. I also get betrayed for weapons that others want, even my own drops from getting kills. Called in a sticky detonator drop, offered to my team, no one took it so I picked it up. few seconds later, teamkilled, he picked it up.... but I booted him from the game so oh well :-)
#25VALikimlavPosted 11/11/2012 10:36:56 AM
Definitely Halo 4. It's holding my attention more than I think Black Ops 2 will. And some of the complaints raised here don't even apply to this Halo game. There's no friendly fire in Infinity Slayer and you can choose your loadouts and no one kills you for power weapons since you'll probably mostly get them from ordnance drops.
#26VALikimlavPosted 11/11/2012 10:37:34 AM
Definitely Halo 4. It's holding my attention more than I think Black Ops 2 will. And some of the complaints raised here don't even apply to this Halo game. There's no friendly fire in Infinity Slayer and you can choose your loadouts and no one kills you for power weapons since you'll probably mostly get them from ordnance drops.
#27darealest47Posted 11/11/2012 10:38:37 AM
uchihajuan176 posted...
multiplayer player mechanics for halo are garbage i went to the midnight release for halo 4 and when i go to the midnight release for black ops 2 ill sell my halo 4.

This

I'll just stick with halo on the pc
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#28MoegittoPosted 11/11/2012 10:38:48 AM
Halo 4 is good for sure, I'm not even a Halo fan and actually hate that people do nothing but jump around on MP and everyone uses the same thing. I liked the game so much I downloaded the soundtrack just to listen to the last stages theme.

But BO2 is definitely changing CoD, the campaign shifts according to the way you play. If you die you'll take over another character and the storyline will change accordingly, you can do side missions that will affect the ending, and it's one of the few games with some future aspects. And MP has been completely revamped, despite what all the negative people say.

Best way to make a decision is to go to own3d tv and watch a live stream of both games. Only thing is, they aren't doing any live streams of BO2 yet to avoid spoiling anything, but they are all doing MP matches and watching the videos for either game will answer some of your questions.
#29VALikimlavPosted 11/11/2012 10:47:28 AM
Oh, and Halo 4 takes a different type of skill from any Call of Duty game. You don't really need to be good at aiming in a Call of Duty game, but head shots are essential in Halo games. Personally, I think one of the only reasons why someone would choose Call of Duty over Halo is because it takes less shots to kill and it required less skill. I play both games, but they're actually quite different.
#30JohnWall32Posted 11/11/2012 10:52:15 AM
I don't enjoy the Halo 4 MP at all...everyone uses the same gun...DMR...everyone picks the same two or three maps...they nerfed vehicles to where you are more likely to die in one than on foot...no swat mode...no sniper mode...game is boring right now