Why do you hate Halo?

#41Zoey_LouisPosted 11/11/2012 11:53:20 PM
jakethenoob posted...
Lol I'm really surprised people think no ADS and "taking to long to kill someone" are bad things.

Yeah, I think that's kind of funny.

ADS is a boring mechanic that slows FPS games down, it's really annoying when games include it and I'm glad Halo doesn't.

Also having higher health = chance to fight back which in turn means someone who is more skillful will be able to easily fight back and kill anyone trying to attack them. It basically raises the skill ceiling. CoD has an incredibly low skill ceiling and floor compared to Halo.

In CoD whoever spots the other one first will win 9 times out of 10. I honestly feel like Halo requires more skill and better aim than CoD, since you really only need to land a few shots to kill someone in CoD and you don't stand a chance if someone starts shooting at you first basically.
---
PROTIP: To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot at it until it dies.
#42DCarnagePosted 11/11/2012 11:58:18 PM
I don't hate it, I just prefer more than just 5 - 8? guns to choose from. Although I haven't played Halo MP since Halo 2. Halo 1 and 2 were the best MP FPS's on the first XBox but on the 360, the game just never impressed me when there are better shooters to choose from. Like Medal of Honor and Duke Nukem.
#43cwatz12Posted 11/12/2012 12:18:13 AM
I dont hate halo, but ill share some things I dislike.

1) I like adsing. The second sensitivity adds a lot to player control, and ADSing just feels so good.

2) Multiplayer. its not awful, but I prefer cods style. People jumping around like maniacs and taking a million bullets to kill people isnt cool. (as a disclaimer I think people die to fast in recent cods, I think BO's was perfect though).
#44keeba23Posted 11/12/2012 12:39:44 AM
Halo 2 was the last Halo that I LOVED. Beat the campaign multiple times and was my most played Xbox 1 Multiplayer game next to FarCry Instincts and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

I kinda liked Halo 3, but the maps in MP just outright sucked, and I don't even remember if I beat the campaign or not. All in all it was the same thing that happened with MW2, just a MASSIVE disappointment from it's predecessor.

Never bought Reach. Bought Halo 4 day it came out, and I'm selling it tomorrow. Just completely bored of it. You play anything besides Big Team Slayer, and you only get to play 5 of the 10 maps, you play Big Team Slayer, you get to play the other 4 maps. And pretty much only 2 from each set get played over and over again.

Halo is just to fast paced now with how everyone gets sprint. Just trying to be to much like CoD with speeding up the game, having create a class, basically having Killstreaks with Weapon/Boost drops.

I just don't like Halo anymore which makes me sad because Halo 2 was amazing to me. If Black Ops 2 turns out to suck, pretty sure I'm done with CoD for awhile, and just going to PRAY Rainbow Six Patriots doesn't turn into another CoD clone, that would make me sadder then Halo sucking now or Battlefield 3 not being as fun as Battlefield 2142.
---
When god hand's you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!
#45XeliathPosted 11/12/2012 12:46:34 AM
CoD players don't hate Halo, they are comfortable in the knowledge their game is great.

On the opposite side of the fence it seems to be the Halo fans who feel the need to justify why their game is the best since it's not the top dog in sales.

I sat in a Halo 4 livestream and every other minute CoD came up, it's pretty telling to me that Halo fans are insecure when on the week a new Halo release all Halo fans can talk about is CoD.
#46ymdasePosted 11/12/2012 1:09:52 AM
xTheCEOx posted...
I am posting the same question in the Halo 4 forum but with Call of Duty in the topic title. I have owned every Halo and Call of Duty game and like both. I prefer COD over the last few years but think both games have their pros and cons. Im curious why all the hate between the Halo and COD fans? Thoughts?

I also prefer COD
but halo is still a good game
#47NeeTamaPosted 11/12/2012 1:10:47 AM
Xeliath posted...
CoD players don't hate Halo, they are comfortable in the knowledge their game is great.

On the opposite side of the fence it seems to be the Halo fans who feel the need to justify why their game is the best since it's not the top dog in sales.

I sat in a Halo 4 livestream and every other minute CoD came up, it's pretty telling to me that Halo fans are insecure when on the week a new Halo release all Halo fans can talk about is CoD.

The other thread is actually kind of showing the opposite
#48DOSFPosted 11/12/2012 1:17:30 AM
curtland posted...
I don't hate Halo, but I can't say I enjoy it.

The setting doesn't appeal to me (which is really odd, because I'm a huge Sci-Fi fan)

This for me. Since the first one, they've all felt the same.

By the end of the first one I had got sick of fighting the flood. By 2 I had got sick of fighting the Covenant. 3 was as lack luster as it could get.

The environments didn't stick to me (which is something I love about sci-fi things), they all just seemed boring/bland/unmemorable. And mostly it's the characters. I'll probably get a lot of stick, but I can't stand either Master Chief or Cortana. They're boring.

Unlike the fella I quoted, I enjoyed the MP, however. :)

But yeah, I've never got into it. Didn't really understand the fuss with the original back on the first Xbox.
---
"I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU! Right after I get done rubbing my arse against this wall." - Arctic_Sunrise
#49Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/12/2012 1:20:19 AM
I don't.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#50RS_YELARAKAPosted 11/12/2012 1:41:34 AM
Zoey_Louis posted...
jakethenoob posted...
Lol I'm really surprised people think no ADS and "taking to long to kill someone" are bad things.

Yeah, I think that's kind of funny.

ADS is a boring mechanic that slows FPS games down, it's really annoying when games include it and I'm glad Halo doesn't.

Also having higher health = chance to fight back which in turn means someone who is more skillful will be able to easily fight back and kill anyone trying to attack them. It basically raises the skill ceiling. CoD has an incredibly low skill ceiling and floor compared to Halo.

In CoD whoever spots the other one first will win 9 times out of 10. I honestly feel like Halo requires more skill and better aim than CoD, since you really only need to land a few shots to kill someone in CoD and you don't stand a chance if someone starts shooting at you first basically.

Anybody any good/skillful hipfiring will out do a ads junky anyway so what's your point about "skill"? Im just saying it should be an option. I would agree you die to fast in COD and dont die quick enough in Halo. Somewhere in the middle would be perfect. Dont know if anybody around here tried Goldeneye Reloaded but it was pretty spot on with time it took to die.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
My FaN kLuB - GameCheat, JasmineMagee, &.Gaybor