Midnight release question

#1Scottydont19Posted 11/11/2012 9:08:29 PM
This is actually my first midnight release and I have a question about a text I received from Gamestop today.

" GameStop: COD BO2 avail 12:01am Tue. 30% trade bonus. Midnight purchases require check-in at register prior to 9pm. Info# 888-283-2757. End txt msgs reply STOP"

Does this mean I have to go before 9 and register, or can I show up at 11pm like I originally planned? They never said anything yesterday about this when I went and payed for my pre-order.
#2Bridge_HansonPosted 11/11/2012 9:11:09 PM(edited)
That's interesting... I've never had to do that at a midnight release before. Maybe they're expecting a lot of people for BO2? Or maybe it's for your store?

Can't say I know the answer to that.

EDIT: Re-reading the text, I wonder if the 9PM check-in is for people just buying it instead of picking up a pre-order, since they may have limited copies of the game left over? Just an idea, so take that with a grain of salt.
---
~Uniting The World: One Bridge At A Time~
*insert pop-culture reference here*
#3Frost_ManPosted 11/11/2012 9:12:39 PM
I attended the MW3 midnight release last year and they required you to pay for the game before nine o'clock and then to come back at midnight to pick it up.

I'm just slightly worried that I won't be able to get it Tuesday because I haven't reserved/pre-ordered it.
---
Opinions aren't facts. Why is that so difficult for the world to comprehend?
It's disturbing how hostile people on the Internet are. It's unnecessary.
#4yay4pachirisuPosted 11/11/2012 9:13:37 PM
i dont go to gamestop

i go to wal-mart
---
http://i.imgur.com/NR1OD.png
#5khfan60Posted 11/11/2012 9:14:44 PM
Frost_Man posted...

I'm just slightly worried that I won't be able to get it Tuesday because I haven't reserved/pre-ordered it.

Check K-Mart and Target. Odds are they'll have plenty of copies available.
---
The ten most dangerous words in the English language are "Hi, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help - Ronald Reagan
#6Chrono_teethPosted 11/11/2012 9:17:09 PM
It depends on store to store

What it is, is a finalized receipt, basically what it means is that when you have it, all you have to do is just give the receipt and you get your game. It leads to getting through the line faster so everyone can get their game easier. If you have it pre ordered but dont come at the very least before 11:30 to have it finalized, you'll still be able to get your game, but you'll just have to wait behind those groups that have it finalized. Its also so they dont have to open the registers too for those who had it finalized.

Basically those who come early that day get their game faster. Makes it easier in the long run for the employees and the customers.
---
wohhhohohoh
#7CTUJK95Posted 11/11/2012 9:21:18 PM
If something is launching at Midnight I would highly recommend you register at 9pm and then pick up your copy later.

I highly doubt you would be refused your copy if it's pre-ordered and purchased. I wouldn't worry about it. It really is, just a game.
---
Unspeakable Hell..
#8JTC87Posted 11/11/2012 9:22:53 PM
I got the message too so I stopped by gamestop after work and asked them about it. They said that they were finalizing purchases from 6pm to 9pm(closing) and then they will open back up closer to midnight, only the people that came and finalized between 6 and 9 will be able to pick up their game, no walk ins.
#9RS_YELARAKAPosted 11/11/2012 9:22:59 PM
Chrono_teeth posted...
It depends on store to store

What it is, is a finalized receipt, basically what it means is that when you have it, all you have to do is just give the receipt and you get your game. It leads to getting through the line faster so everyone can get their game easier. If you have it pre ordered but dont come at the very least before 11:30 to have it finalized, you'll still be able to get your game, but you'll just have to wait behind those groups that have it finalized. Its also so they dont have to open the registers too for those who had it finalized.

Basically those who come early that day get their game faster. Makes it easier in the long run for the employees and the customers.

^^This

My gamestop told me that it has over 1,400 pre-ordered just at that location and they figure at least 800-900 will show up midnight release. So if you dont finalize you could be waiting behind 900 people and then some if others show up as you did.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
My FaN kLuB - GameCheat, JasmineMagee, &.Gaybor
#10Scottydont19(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 9:26:16 PM
I did what I should have done before I posted this. I called that 888 number and it said I didn't have to show up if I already payed in full for my copy. Its just for those people that haven't finalized their purchase. Its probably because the next GS is about an hour away and this store has around 600 pre-orders.