Best Buy vs. Gamestop midnight opening

#21BeefyNukesPosted 11/12/2012 10:48:28 AM
SuperbadZameer posted...
@dethklok

(562) 494-7600

There's their number you can go ahead and call em and ask them and get proven wrong, I literally JUST called to ask.

Dethklok is right. Mine processes payments before midnight.
#22Rome218Posted 11/12/2012 10:50:40 AM
Wow after reading TC's post.. I regret preordering from gamestop.

They changed how things are done. Used to be, I would drive there at 10pm, pay for my game. I would then drive their around 12:15 a.m, no line or very small line. Get my game and leave. Was very easy.

Last time was different. This new manager made us wait outside and said not to get out of the line.. we waited in line to get our receipt. Then we returned in line to wait for the game.

I don't care if I get the game first. I liked it how it used to be.
#23OmegaReaper21Posted 11/12/2012 10:50:43 AM
Your GS sucks. Mine stays "open" from close until midnight. It won't even take payments at midnight apparently this time (although I find that hard to believe). Anyway, pay before midnight and you get a receipt to just pick up the game. I went to GS last time at midnight and left at 12:02.
#24DocOdinePosted 11/12/2012 10:54:28 AM
My GS, in a smaller city:
-you can't get it at midnight release if it's not already paid off before midnight, there are no sales transactions at the launch, so nothing to worry about/slow us down
-they have all copies prepared with a receipt+codes printed and taped to the front, ready to go

I simply get there, show i.d., take a number, and we line up when it's time. Get inside, I'm handed a copy and I leave. Done and home in no time.
---
There is one big difference between Call of Duty and Skyrim. Call of Duty adds content each game while Bethesda takes away. -MC2011
#25demo_vol1Posted 11/12/2012 10:58:44 AM(edited)
My Best Buy a has play it early tournaments that have prizes like the Harden Edition, controllers and Turtle beach headsets. My friend won the Turtle Beach Eat Force Foxtrot MW3 edition because my city has horrible gamers hah. He sold it on the spot for $120 cash. It pretty much almost covered his prestige edition preorder.
---
Currently playing Minecraft on my Phone, Xbox and iMac but not Ps3 :'(
PSN/XBL: demo_vol1
#26Rome218Posted 11/12/2012 11:01:10 AM
DocOdine posted...
My GS, in a smaller city:
-you can't get it at midnight release if it's not already paid off before midnight, there are no sales transactions at the launch, so nothing to worry about/slow us down
-they have all copies prepared with a receipt+codes printed and taped to the front, ready to go

I simply get there, show i.d., take a number, and we line up when it's time. Get inside, I'm handed a copy and I leave. Done and home in no time.

What do you mean in no time? For Halo 4 I ended up waiting for almost 3 hours. They used to let me leave and come back at midnight. This time the manager said for me to wait in line or come back tomorrow.

This pissed me off. I waited forever in line for a receipt(Game was paid off), then I told him not to ever tell me to come back the next day.(This was around 11:00 pm.)

I told him if I am at the store at 10:45 pm to ask him a question on how we're doing this, I'm clearly here for the midnight release.
#27Xobter_81Posted 11/12/2012 11:04:33 AM
They're doing one at Target, too. That's where I reserved mine. They also give you a $5 giftcard.
#28MitzeIpikPosted 11/12/2012 11:04:44 AM
Skyrim was the last time I bought anything from GameStop. And the local ones are a copy paste of the ones mentioned in the opening post.

I dislike the general attitude of (most) GameStop employees I come across. There's knowledgable, and then there's pompous. Tack that into crappy policies and you've got a store people goto only because they feel like they have no choice
---
This is the Internet, you have the right to spout any idiot nonsense and insults you want. Thankfully, I have the ability to block these idiots.
#29Because_Im_DerpPosted 11/12/2012 11:07:47 AM
The Best Buy near me doesn't do midnight releases. So Gamestop is better. Plus the one i go to does not close. I have my finalized receipt already. They give out pizza and drinks. Plus have a raffle. Someone won the Halo 4 console at that release. I won a display box for Halo 4.
#30CharlieTheBullyPosted 11/12/2012 11:12:17 AM
Best buy absolutely sucks! I got my Halo 4 copy from Gamestop, got it in 15 min. Mu bro reserved his at Best Buy so we went right after and he got his copy in like an hour and thirty minutes! Worst gaming experience of my life! SCREW BEST BUY!!!
---
GT-FlippinRad