Best Buy vs. Gamestop midnight opening

#31TentanmanPosted 11/12/2012 12:35:25 PM
I'm a manager at gamestop, store 1683.

At 6, we will start to hand out sale receipts with a number on them. Meaning, you can come in at 6, get a number, and return at 11:50 to stand in your number. Tournament signups start at 6, the winner receives 10% off their game. In midnight launched without 100+ people, the store closes at 9 for an hour and reopens at 10. Call of Duty will be much larger, so we will not be closing period. We will have free pizza, ice cream, hot dogs, beverages, chips, ect. Trivia giveaways for gamestop gift cards, black ops shirts and merchandise.

I don't understand all the hate for gamestop. Some stores don't give a damn, but a lot of them do. We usually finish handing out games and close by about 12:45. If you didn't get a number and show up at midnight, you are the one leaving at 12:45 since we have to ring you up.
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#32Stryker71Posted 11/12/2012 12:47:53 PM
Each gamestop does it there own way, that they think is best. Some seem to be completely stupid.

I've been to midnight releases at 4 different game stops and they all have there own way of doing things. All stay open the whole time but sometimes they make you line up and crap like others have said.

The gamestop I'm going to tonight had he best system for handling it. You go there at 8 to get a number, leave if you want or stay. I usually leave, drive around, smoke a blunt and head back about 11:30 and hop in line with whatever number I have, last time was 23. They have the games ready with receipts and you show em yours, get your game and go. Nothing gets done on register at this point.

I cant imagine why every gamestop wouldn't do it this way but I guess some managers, or district managers maybe, don't seem to bright or just don't care.
---
3DS FC: 5327-0898-8218
"I used to be ballin but now I'm Bill Gatin"
#33jdak10Posted 11/12/2012 12:52:23 PM
This is all wrong. I've preordered from gamefaqs. They stayed open til midnight and everybody prepaid and waited for the clock to strike 12. My gamestop is having a party. Pizza, Philly subs, and a barber shop are all staying open.
---
Watch me douche here! http://youtu.be/Az6GudnYiTM
GameFAQS adverts are taking over my iPhone.
#34IrishSJ23Posted 11/12/2012 12:57:24 PM
My only problem with gamestop is paying 59.99 plus tax. I haven't done that...ever really. Not without some form of compensation. Either get $12 off at newegg and pay 47.99 no tax or get a $20 gift card from best buy. Use that on the next game and you will continue to pay 20 bucks less per game. Gamestop NEVER does anything like that for new games.
#35Lunacy182Posted 11/12/2012 12:57:30 PM
My best buy closes the doors at 10 and makes us wait outside.
My Gamestop processes payment before 9 and hands out tickets with the number you are in line. That way you can head home and come back at midnight and pick up your game without waiting long.
Wait time at best buy: Several hours.
Wait time at Gamestop: 10-15 minutes.

So in my area the clear winner is Gamestop.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#36kyomagiPosted 11/12/2012 12:59:26 PM
My BB wins this battle. Last midnight release i went to at GS was for the 3ds. Waited for an hour.

BB i went to BL2 and Halo 4, 20 and 30 minutes each
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#37ValedictorianXDPosted 11/12/2012 2:05:49 PM
Tentanman posted...
I'm a manager at gamestop, store 1683.

At 6, we will start to hand out sale receipts with a number on them. Meaning, you can come in at 6, get a number, and return at 11:50 to stand in your number. Tournament signups start at 6, the winner receives 10% off their game. In midnight launched without 100+ people, the store closes at 9 for an hour and reopens at 10. Call of Duty will be much larger, so we will not be closing period. We will have free pizza, ice cream, hot dogs, beverages, chips, ect. Trivia giveaways for gamestop gift cards, black ops shirts and merchandise.

I don't understand all the hate for gamestop. Some stores don't give a damn, but a lot of them do. We usually finish handing out games and close by about 12:45. If you didn't get a number and show up at midnight, you are the one leaving at 12:45 since we have to ring you up.

It's not that we hate GS...it's just that most GS stores hate us.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]