Why the hell is there MLG or any competitive play at all for this game?

#1SilverFTFDPosted 11/12/2012 3:54:54 PM
I play this game purely for fun and not to be competitive at all, this game is just whoever sees who first wins. It's still really fun though with all the chaos and fast paced gameplay, but come on guys any one can pick this game up and destroy people and get a good KD/r. I watched my friend's girlfriend who never plays video games play MW2 and go like 22-3 or something her first game ever. It's just a matter of if you're patient enough to play tactically and stay back (not camp) or if you're just a run and gun type of person who just likes to be in people's face. Usually it's way harder to do really good by running and gunning but it can happen.

Regardless, as far as competitive console shooters go, Halo 3/4 have this game beat by a mile. In halo it's not about who sees who first because if your aim is better or you're really good at strafing you can come back from a losing firefight and win, which is awesome. I'm sorry but there's really no debate to this, if you haven't played Halo on MLG settings you won't understand.
#2PathlessBulletPosted 11/12/2012 3:56:02 PM

*leaves topic*
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#3ShinRaKnightPosted 11/12/2012 3:56:16 PM
The level of ignorance in your post is astounding.
---
GT- Abyssal Shift
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinRaKnight
#4SilverFTFD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 3:59:27 PM
Please tell me how I'm being ignorant. Explain to me how it makes sense that in a game where however sees who first wins like 95% of the time it's competitive at all. There is little skill involved, it is also WAY easier to aim and kill people with guns in this game than halo.
#5TentanmanPosted 11/12/2012 4:03:44 PM
SilverFTFD posted...
Please tell me how I'm being ignorant. Explain to me how it makes sense that in a game where however sees who first wins like 95% of the time it's competitive at all. There is little skill involved, it is also WAY easier to aim and kill people with guns in this game than halo.

---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#6Sting316Posted 11/12/2012 4:07:10 PM
So because the mechanics are different this implies there are no skills?

Ok, how about you verse one of the MLG guys for this game and then we'll see who wins because by your logic you just have as much chance as they do, right?
---
"Even though I suplexed an 82 year old pregnant woman, I am still a role model for children not to mention elderly people"-Angle
#7SilverFTFD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 4:12:45 PM
I would if I was getting black ops 2 anytime soon, gotta save my money for car insurance and other stuff but I'll probably get it around christmas.

I hope you guys realize the professional gaming community thinks playing call of duty competitively is a complete joke except for the people that play it themselves. I've talked to professional starcraft players and they at least acknowledge that Halo with the right game settings is highly skill based, but they all told me that they think playing call of duty competitively is a joke.
#8HeyItsZantPosted 11/12/2012 4:14:37 PM
SilverFTFD posted...
I would if I was getting black ops 2 anytime soon, gotta save my money for car insurance and other stuff but I'll probably get it around christmas.

I hope you guys realize the professional gaming community thinks playing call of duty competitively is a complete joke except for the people that play it themselves. I've talked to professional starcraft players and they at least acknowledge that Halo with the right game settings is highly skill based, but they all told me that they think playing call of duty competitively is a joke.

Ok? Like I care what some Starcraft player thinks.
---
If you judge me without knowing me you are not defining me, but defining yourself.
#9SilverFTFD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 4:20:37 PM
Haha what? Starcraft has such a high skill gap that you wouldn't even be able to come close to beating a pro player, ever, unless you practiced for HOURS a day. You seriously half to have like no life to be a pro SC player, so they know what's up when talking about competitive games.

At least in COD you would be able to kill the pro player several times
#10dorimePosted 11/12/2012 4:24:02 PM
SilverFTFD posted...
Haha what? Starcraft has such a high skill gap that you wouldn't even be able to come close to beating a pro player, ever, unless you practiced for HOURS a day. You seriously half to have like no life to be a pro SC player, so they know what's up when talking about competitive games.

At least in COD you would be able to kill the pro player several times

Again, form a CoD team with some of your buddies and face off against an MLG team. You won't win a single game.

Fact of the matter is, any game that isn't predominantly luck-based requires skill, and hence can be played competitively.
---
\.../\.../