Why the hell is there MLG or any competitive play at all for this game?

#31NordiniPosted 11/12/2012 5:20:48 PM
SilverFTFD posted...
I play this game purely for fun and not to be competitive at all, this game is just whoever sees who first wins. It's still really fun though with all the chaos and fast paced gameplay, but come on guys any one can pick this game up and destroy people and get a good KD/r. I watched my friend's girlfriend who never plays video games play MW2 and go like 22-3 or something her first game ever. It's just a matter of if you're patient enough to play tactically and stay back (not camp) or if you're just a run and gun type of person who just likes to be in people's face. Usually it's way harder to do really good by running and gunning but it can happen.

Regardless, as far as competitive console shooters go, Halo 3/4 have this game beat by a mile. In halo it's not about who sees who first because if your aim is better or you're really good at strafing you can come back from a losing firefight and win, which is awesome. I'm sorry but there's really no debate to this, if you haven't played Halo on MLG settings you won't understand.

...........I'm just staring at my screen with a critical look. Not sure if to take this seriously or....
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#32SilverFTFD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:36:30 PM
I like how you say you just look at it with a critical look but don't say why you're criticizing my statement.
#33KabtheMentatPosted 11/12/2012 5:43:10 PM
Yeah, all you need in cod is good team placement since killing is easy, but in halo you need good team placement and it's hard to kill people so there's more individual player skill

Hence it's where the skill comes in by getting around "good team placement."

Do you people realize how stupid it is to try and compare skill level between Halo and CoD? Just because something doesn't work in one of the games and vice versa doesn't mean it requires more or less skill. Just different skills. It's like trying to compare a mechanic to a carpenter. Both work with tools and their hands, but that's where the similarities end. Much like both CoD and Halo are FPS games, but fairly different.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#34vigorm0rtisPosted 11/12/2012 5:45:24 PM
Gaming is not a skill. Unless you threshold for 'skill' also allows for beer pong.
---
Suck it, suck it dry!! --TheArcade
#35KabtheMentatPosted 11/12/2012 5:49:45 PM
Gaming is not a skill. Unless you threshold for 'skill' also allows for beer pong.

Hey, beer pong can be tough.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#36vigorm0rtisPosted 11/12/2012 5:50:12 PM
KabtheMentat posted...

Hey, beer pong can be tough.

It can.
---
Suck it, suck it dry!! --TheArcade
#37Astro_B0mbPosted 11/12/2012 6:07:26 PM
iHeartMota posted...
That's like saying counterstrike wasn't competitive.

Except CoD is the most casual fps on the market.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#38maddawg223Posted 11/12/2012 6:11:58 PM
Dont know if TC is a troll or a God, but i agree with everything you said
---
Xbox GT- MaDDawg223
UMvC team- Wesker, Taskmaster, Dante
#39PainoGamerPosted 11/12/2012 6:14:50 PM
If this game was so easy... Then every one will have REALLY High K/D

This right here, I play CoD somewhat competitively and if the game was really "so easy its for casuals" then why do I see "casuals" consistently do the worst every game?

Also, why are you complaining about this? Why does someone else's play style for a game make you angry so much? Does it affect you in any way? No, so stop complaining, you're probably bad at the game anyways.

Also, whoever says "Whoever sees who first is going to win" is terribly mistaken, its more like "Whoever can aim better and reacts better will win". Watch actual MLG footage or hell even play in a competitive match, guarantee 90% of the time you will get destroyed whether you see them or not.
---
Best game ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhnGQXWi1U&feature
#40NordiniPosted 11/12/2012 6:17:51 PM
SilverFTFD posted...
I like how you say you just look at it with a critical look but don't say why you're criticizing my statement.

If someone posted a topic on these boards saying "I believe the world is flat. it is actually a giant disc spinning on the retina of a giant turkey. Antarctica is a giant wall of ice that keeps the water from fallign off. Why do people bother building spaceships? there's obviously no way past the dark energy barrier covering the sky..."

would you feel the need to criticize his statement or would you just stare?
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.