Why the hell is there MLG or any competitive play at all for this game?

#41Astro_B0mbPosted 11/12/2012 7:25:12 PM
JacKToxiK posted...
If this game was so easy... Then every one will have REALLY High K/D

This game is easy. But some people just arent good at gaming, and they would do worse in any other fps.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#42_Goomba_35Posted 11/12/2012 7:33:32 PM
You're ignorant because of your extreme bias. " I'm sorry but there's really no debate to this."

The game does take skill and it is not about seeing one another first. Like Halo, it's about team work, spawn awareness, and predicting what your competition will do.

I'd like to make one important point about CoD pros, at MLG Dallas for Halo 4, Optic Gaming entered and almost made it to the 4th round in the tournament. They loss to a team which had owned the game prior to the event. Optic did not have the same luxury. Deduce what you will from that.
---
GT GodabmooG
http://royalkingdom.ipbfree.com/index.php?
#43blacklabelicePosted 11/12/2012 7:41:20 PM(edited)
mlg? isnt that where people cant handle playing the game like everybody else can and have a hard time with it? instead of learning how to defend against the tactics that work against them, they cant be bothered to so they have to get their own little group of people together and play a cripped down mode restricting anything they might not be good with just so they can call themselves all elite and stuff when the general concept is too difficult for them?

thats what i always thought that was all about. i read about it over on black ops and thought it was rather ridiculous. i mean doing nothing but camping and soundwhoring with your turtle beaches all game long until somebody comes along to plant the bomb so you can finally come out of your camping hole with the rest of your team and spam them all with grenades?. sounds like a whole lotta fun. banning tactical grenades because there is a one in a million chance that one of these hardcore mlg pro dudes might actually confuse the sound of a decoy grenade with something else and then go run directly into it and die? that sure doesnt make any sense. restricting all equipment except for frag grenades?

i mean yeah if youre doing it to eliminate legitimately overpowered exploits or whatever and you dont want it in the game, then i guess thats understandable. But when youre restricting stuff like decoy grenades, jammers, camera spikes, nova gas and tactical masks, it really doesnt appear very major league at all.

i never understood the whole thing. maybe its fun, i dont know. but ive never heard a group of elitists complain about decoy grenades being cheap yet think they are hardcore because they can only play with a particular group of people

to each their own i guess. sometimes we'd get our own groups of people together and just go nuts with throwing knives or riot shields or only pistols or whatever seemed interesting to us at the time. everybody enjoys their games differently
#44PainoGamerPosted 11/12/2012 7:40:30 PM
From: blacklabelice | Posted: 11/12/2012 7:38:57 PM | #043
mlg? isnt that where people cant handle playing the game like everybody else can and have a hard time with it? instead of learning how to defend against the tactics that work against them, they cant be bothered to so they have to get their own little group of people together and play a cripped down mode restricting anything they might not be good with just so they can call themselves all elite and stuff when the general concept is too difficult for them?

thats what i always thought that was all about. i read about it over on black ops and thought it was rather ridiculous. i mean doing nothing but camping and soundwhoring with your turtle beaches all game long until somebody comes along. sounds like a whole lotta fun. banning tactical grenades because there is a one in a million chance that one of these hardcore mlg pro dudes might actually confuse the sound of a decoy grenade with something else and then go run into it and die? that sure doesnt make any sense. restricting all equipment except for frag grenades?

i mean yeah if youre doing it to eliminate legitimately overpowered exploits or whatever and you dont want it in the game, then i guess thats understandable. But when youre restricting stuff like decoy grenades, jammers, camera spikes, nova gas and tactical masks, it really doesnt appear very major league at all.

i never understood the whole thing. maybe its fun, i dont know. but ive never heard a group of elitists complain about decoy grenades being cheap yet think they are hardcore because they can only play with a particular group of people

to each their own i guess. sometimes we'd get our own groups of people together and just go nuts with throwing knives or riot shields or only pistols or whatever seemed interesting to us at the time. everybody enjoys their games differently

You have no idea what you're talking about, seriously everything you said was pretty much flat out wrong.
---
Best game ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhnGQXWi1U&feature
#45blacklabelicePosted 11/12/2012 7:45:47 PM(edited)
well all i remember reading about it with the rules from black ops and i thought it was downright silly.

especially the whole decoy grenade thing. like really? ive seen some videos of it too of these guys and their gamebattles and all they seem to do is camp out and soundwhore the whole way through, and when somebody plants the bomb its just a barrage of grenades

thats all i could make of it from what ive seen. i never inquired too much into it myself to be honest. it just looked like a dumbed down version of a game that has lots of easy and enjoyable ways to play.

also many of these dudes with MLGPROXXXXXXSQUICKSCOPEZSNIPEZXXXXXXX all over their names and profiles are just annoying to deal with over the mic and never seemed to do very well in the games because they were too busy bickering with everyone. thats just what ive seen. dont shoot me over it.
#46typhone004Posted 11/12/2012 7:46:22 PM
The skills needed to play cod and halo are very different, but that makes sense. They are different games. You're right that whoever sees the other person first has a great advantage in cod, but that's not luck. You have to get good at seeing other people without being seen. You should not just be wandering around the map until someone else shows up in your screen and hope they are facing the wrong way.

I think it's a little hard to say which one requires more skill, but a game is as competitive as the players make it.
#47blacklabelicePosted 11/12/2012 7:55:53 PM(edited)
but part of the fun is just running around aimlessly around the map and gunning people down. sure youre going to die alot more often, and if youve got some good spots its easy kills every time, but it seems alot more enjoyable than just finding a building, laying a claymore and finding a nice spot to crouch over and hide in with your crosshairs pointed at the doorway and your turtle beaches full blast and occassionally looking the other direction. alot of people seem to use this campy method....yeah its effective but yet so boring.

i did agree with them MLG guys eliminating killstreaks. thats one thing they seemed to have going for them. nothing like camping out for a care package and getting rewarded with dogs or whatever. but the whole outlawing the whole decoy grenade or jammer thing made me shake my head about the whole concept of it.

thats all i know
#48hat_redPosted 11/12/2012 7:58:16 PM
trollololollool
---
XBL GT: K20Aaron
#49joshuadjPosted 11/12/2012 7:59:01 PM
ShinRaKnight posted...
The level of ignorance in your post is astounding.

Very.
---
bigdaddydmac- I'm done buying Capcom games when they first come out, I'll just wait 3 years for the "COMPLETED" game instead of buying a $60 demo.
#50CapwnDPosted 11/12/2012 8:01:03 PM
The level of ignorance in your post is astounding.

---
Thrash Zone