Why the hell is there MLG or any competitive play at all for this game?

#51djshowstopper87Posted 11/12/2012 8:50:29 PM
Cod is a joke and should never be considered a real competive MLG game. It's the noobfest FPS game on the market which is one of the biggest reasons it's so popular. Anybody who is some what familiar with shooter controls can be awesome at this game. Skill in cod amounts to camping and using noob perks and guns like noob tubing. It boogles my mind how try hard MLG wanna be douche bags take this noob game so seriously. Cod is a twitch shooter that can occasionally be fun, but it gets old fast.
#52ZachistanPosted 11/12/2012 8:51:06 PM
lol it's amazing how people can complain nonstop about things they literally know nothing about.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#53TightNinjaPosted 11/12/2012 8:54:32 PM
mlg? isnt that where people cant handle playing the game like everybody else can and have a hard time with it? instead of learning how to defend against the tactics that work against them, they cant be bothered to so they have to get their own little group of people together and play a cripped down mode restricting anything they might not be good with just so they can call themselves all elite and stuff when the general concept is too difficult for them?

thats what i always thought that was all about. i read about it over on black ops and thought it was rather ridiculous. i mean doing nothing but camping and soundwhoring with your turtle beaches all game long until somebody comes along to plant the bomb so you can finally come out of your camping hole with the rest of your team and spam them all with grenades?. sounds like a whole lotta fun. banning tactical grenades because there is a one in a million chance that one of these hardcore mlg pro dudes might actually confuse the sound of a decoy grenade with something else and then go run directly into it and die? that sure doesnt make any sense. restricting all equipment except for frag grenades?

i mean yeah if youre doing it to eliminate legitimately overpowered exploits or whatever and you dont want it in the game, then i guess thats understandable. But when youre restricting stuff like decoy grenades, jammers, camera spikes, nova gas and tactical masks, it really doesnt appear very major league at all.

i never understood the whole thing. maybe its fun, i dont know. but ive never heard a group of elitists complain about decoy grenades being cheap yet think they are hardcore because they can only play with a particular group of people

to each their own i guess. sometimes we'd get our own groups of people together and just go nuts with throwing knives or riot shields or only pistols or whatever seemed interesting to us at the time. everybody enjoys their games differently

Best post in thread....If I want to play counter-strike I will go play counter-strike.

And as far as the lame argument that games where "who shot who first wins" require no skill is just wrong..... its called realism.

Here lets try. I grab an Ak-47 sneak up 5 feet behind you and put half a clip into your back......If you can some how survive, turn around and shoot me even once I will concede.....but you know and i both know that won't happen. You shouldn't be able to turn around and escape after 15 rounds in the back.. any game that rewards that kind of gameplay i don't need to bother with

However to each his own, if that is the game you like to play than by all means have at it. Don't let me stop you, but no need to put down others who prefer a different play style.
---
GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!
Today's FPS gamer - If it kills me it must be overpowered so I will whine until the developer removes it!!! i.e Black Ops
#54CapwnDPosted 11/12/2012 8:57:43 PM(edited)
lol it's amazing how people can complain nonstop about things they literally know nothing about.

Yep.

Just let the dumbasses get it out of their system. They're always most mad during new COD game launches. Then it dies down until some game they like fails in sales or something, then they get pissy again.
---
Thrash Zone
#55CapwnDPosted 11/12/2012 8:58:41 PM
Don't let me stop you

Gee thanks! You're swell, mister!
---
Thrash Zone
#56djshowstopper87Posted 11/12/2012 8:59:31 PM
Zachistan posted...

I been playing cod long enough to know. It's a noob game that takes little skill ( if you wanna call camping skill that is). I was playing mw 3 like 2 weeks ago and did nothing but sit in a corner and randomly shot noobtubes I ended up going 18 and 4. The try hards in the lobby were raging hard. I am like lol shows how noob cod is. Like a said cod is fun ocassionally but its a noob game that can get old really fast.
#57metalclashPosted 11/12/2012 9:02:33 PM
dorime posted...
SilverFTFD posted...
Haha what? Starcraft has such a high skill gap that you wouldn't even be able to come close to beating a pro player, ever, unless you practiced for HOURS a day. You seriously half to have like no life to be a pro SC player, so they know what's up when talking about competitive games.

At least in COD you would be able to kill the pro player several times

Again, form a CoD team with some of your buddies and face off against an MLG team. You won't win a single game.

Fact of the matter is, any game that isn't predominantly luck-based requires skill, and hence can be played competitively.

I wonder about that.
---
i'm excited for customs in h4
#58djshowstopper87Posted 11/12/2012 9:03:14 PM
CaPwnD posted...

Yep.

Just let the dumbasses get it out of their system. They're always most mad during new COD game launches. Then it dies down until some game they like fails in sales or something, then they get pissy again.

I really wouldn't be calling people stupid when cod fanboys pay 60 dollars ( plus 15 dollars a pop for map packs) every year for glorified expansion packs.
#59DeathofseasonsxPosted 11/12/2012 9:03:53 PM
That's like saying counterstrike wasn't competitive.

LOL, comparing CS to COD? It takes skill to head shot someone in counterstrike, the skill gap between new players and pros in CS is so much bigger than between COD players it is a joke to compare them. I enjoy COD, much more when it was just MW4, but anyone who has played both knows which one is more based on skill.
---
"Please leave the room if this will offend you"- Budd Dwyer,
#60GevousPosted 11/12/2012 9:05:38 PM
Somehow I had a feeling the OP would lead back to Halo..
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet.