This, or halo 4?

#41ShikazurePosted 11/12/2012 10:14:19 PM
KarnRX78 posted...
djshowstopper87 posted...
KarnRX78 posted...
Until they release Classic Slayer and Team Slayer, I'm not touching Halo 4 MP again. Infinity Slayer is just boring, really boring. If you care more about campaigns than MP I'd get Halo 4.

Boring? But you think cod stale mp is fresh and new lol.

It is just DMR vs DMR game after game after game. If you have fun shooting DMRs back and forth for hours on end then I guess it is fun. The game was fun for the first day, then it was just DMR on DMR battles.

Frankly if BO2 is a bad game, I'm going to say it is a bad game. Right now Halo 4's MP is boring, it can be good when they add new playlist. If I want a create a class system, I'll play CoD, they've made it work better than anyone else out there. I liked halo because fighting for power weapons forced more unique game play styles than anything else. Now it is just DMR vs DMR on Haven.

your complaining about halo 4 players using the arguably the best gun in the game while in Black ops it was the Famas, AK74u, galil, aug and in MW3 that was ACR, MP7, type 95. your complaint is null and void
---
PSN & GT: somePUNK91
http://botc.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
#42PixelDaemonPosted 11/12/2012 10:23:10 PM
Honestly, no. Depends on the map you play. Try to use a DMR on a smaller/mid sized map and watch an assault rifle tear you up. The energy weapons are also better if you're a quick shot(with good aim), they have a high rate of fire. Once you get firepower, switching between an energy weapon and ballistic is also more effective. Helps get down the shields quicker.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#43KarnRX78Posted 11/12/2012 10:27:19 PM
Shikazure posted...
KarnRX78 posted...
KarnRX78 posted...
Until they release Classic Slayer and Team Slayer, I'm not touching Halo 4 MP again. Infinity Slayer is just boring, really boring. If you care more about campaigns than MP I'd get Halo 4.

It is just DMR vs DMR game after game after game. If you have fun shooting DMRs back and forth for hours on end then I guess it is fun. The game was fun for the first day, then it was just DMR on DMR battles.

Frankly if BO2 is a bad game, I'm going to say it is a bad game. Right now Halo 4's MP is boring, it can be good when they add new playlist. If I want a create a class system, I'll play CoD, they've made it work better than anyone else out there. I liked halo because fighting for power weapons forced more unique game play styles than anything else. Now it is just DMR vs DMR on Haven.

your complaining about halo 4 players using the arguably the best gun in the game while in Black ops it was the Famas, AK74u, galil, aug and in MW3 that was ACR, MP7, type 95. your complaint is null and void

3 more guns used in one game, and 2 more used in one game compared to the same gun in one game. That is a heck of a lot more variety than is in the current Halo 4 game. That doesn't count all the people who used the Commando, Kiparis, Spectre, MP5k in Black ops. Or all the Scars, P90, PP90, MSR in MW3. Yeah someone might use a BR or the Carbine, but the basis of the game play is the same. Shoot, shields go down, take cover. Someone might manage to get close enough with the suppressor or AR but a good play won't let that happen.

The way Infinity Slayer is, there is no reason not to use the DMR. As you said, arguably the best gun in the game. Sorry I happen to like the classic halo slayer game play, you know that quake type game. DMR vs. DMR just gets boring after 100 matches or so.
#44ShikazurePosted 11/12/2012 10:33:36 PM
KarnRX78 posted...
Shikazure posted...
KarnRX78 posted...
KarnRX78 posted...

3 more guns used in one game, and 2 more used in one game compared to the same gun in one game. That is a heck of a lot more variety than is in the current Halo 4 game. That doesn't count all the people who used the Commando, Kiparis, Spectre, MP5k in Black ops. Or all the Scars, P90, PP90, MSR in MW3. Yeah someone might use a BR or the Carbine, but the basis of the game play is the same. Shoot, shields go down, take cover. Someone might manage to get close enough with the suppressor or AR but a good play won't let that happen.

The way Infinity Slayer is, there is no reason not to use the DMR. As you said, arguably the best gun in the game. Sorry I happen to like the classic halo slayer game play, you know that quake type game. DMR vs. DMR just gets boring after 100 matches or so.

oh yeah i almost forgot something i see just as much BR as i do DMR and you will also see quite a bit AR depending on the map, so againt your complaint is void gun verriaty does not exist in this era of shooters and if you still wish to say herp derp cod players still use more guns take a good look at CoD it has ATLEAST three times as many primaries as halo 4 does
---
PSN & GT: somePUNK91
http://botc.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
#45NGd72Posted 11/12/2012 10:35:06 PM
H4 by a landslide
#46PixelDaemonPosted 11/12/2012 10:49:59 PM(edited)
KarnRX78 posted...
Shikazure posted...
KarnRX78 posted...
KarnRX78 posted...

It's funny how you mention slayer gameplay. On big maps, light rifle is actually better than DMR. It's superior with long range and zoomed in(and requires good accuracy, again). Of course it loses when not zoomed, so the balance is there. Your post just feels like it comes from not playing enough. Also, if you want the more quake style gameplay, try a smaller map. AR and suppressor don't care if you don't want to let it happen, they will eat you at close range with mobility loadout+thruster. Just need to be good at closing the gap, smaller maps help with this.

Heck, the boltshot is amazing at close range and a good alternative.
---
#47KarnRX78Posted 11/12/2012 10:56:57 PM
oh yeah i almost forgot something i see just as much BR as i do DMR and you will also see quite a bit AR depending on the map, so againt your complaint is void gun verriaty does not exist in this era of shooters and if you still wish to say herp derp cod players still use more guns take a good look at CoD it has ATLEAST three times as many primaries as halo 4 does

If gun variety doesn't exists then why are you even pointing it out? The DMR dominates what is currently Halo 4. Yes there maybe a guy with the fully automatic weapons running around, but he is in the vast minority. As the game progresses that is how it'll be, DMR vs DMR. And yes some people find that type of game play boring.

I don't know how BO2 will be yet, it might be just as boring to me as Halo 4 currently is. As I've said I'm not afraid to admit it if it is. The current Halo 4 DMR vs DMR game play is boring to me. If it had classic slayer and team slayer playlist currently, I'd have a vastly different opinion of the game.
#48PixelDaemonPosted 11/12/2012 11:01:51 PM(edited)
Or you can just ignore my post and the fact smaller maps exist that allow for the exact gameplay you want. Not to mention other game modes....
---
#49thekid187Posted 11/12/2012 11:08:36 PM
Id say halo 4. The possibilities in custom games are endless. Sooo many different game types can be made. Hell, you can have a alleluia rocket launcher with unlimited ammo in close quarters. Sooo much fun to be had in custom games
---
they say loyalty brings forth royalty
#50CranlerPosted 11/12/2012 11:11:47 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
Played halo 4 for a week and got tired of it quick. Also I know it's a halo game but I prefer it where if I shoot someone in the head once or even twice they should be gone

More damage to get a kill reduces the luck factor and requires more skill.