This, or halo 4?

#61aDRE8Posted 11/12/2012 11:51:14 PM
Definitely Halo 4. Amazing game.
#62KeldonisPosted 11/12/2012 11:59:56 PM(edited)
ChemicalReaper posted...

Are you kidding? Halo 4 removed almost all of the skill required in previous games. The sticky/auto-aim is cranked up to 11, and it's almost impossible not to aim for the head - heck, the game practically does it for you.

If you don't start with the DMR or the Covenant Carbine, you're doing it wrong: the other weapons are practically useless. Unless, of course, you snag a power weapon. If you get the Incinerator Cannon, you're basically set for several free kills: it's the Halo equivalent of calling in a Predator Missile. Even if you miss your target, you can still get a kill: the blast hits a wall or an object, and bounces into several more exploding balls of red cheapness.

Ordnance drops are okay, but they're not great: Halo survived 10 years without Care Packages, I don't think they really needed to start now. Same goes for Tac Packages and Support Upgrades: they're cool ideas on paper, but in gameplay, they have hardly any significant effect.

I disagree. While I can agree that the DMR is pretty much established as the best weapon overall, the other weapons are far from useless. My weapon of choice lately has been the magnum, snagging 11+ kills alone with it in a single game. The BR also has its uses, though it's not as effective overall due to the DMR easily overpowering it from range.

The assault rifle has also had a noticeable increase in damage output as it completely shreds people when you get close enough. Power weapons have always been power weapons, so nothing's changed there. Incinerator Cannon/Rocket launcher, they're pretty much guaranteed kills which is nothing new in Halo..... so I'm not sure entirely of where you're trying to go with that example.

Ordinance drops are a nice way to freshen up things, and I agree that they're far from great. I wouldn't really classify them in terms of Care Packages though. You don't get 8+ kills in halo by calling dogs or a chopper gunner, you might be lucky and get a Smaw or damage boost at best. The rest are pretty much crap. (I mean a needler as an ordinance? Mobility boost? Common....) In either case what I'm getting at is the "cheapness" that you speak of is far more dominant in COD. A simple care package can make or break a game if your team is garbage and you manage to get lucky with an AC-130/Pavelow/Gunship, but what's the best you're gonna get in Halo? A 30 second damage boost that gets you maybe a 3 kills? It's far from "cheap" if you ask me.

I'm also not sure where you're getting at with this sticky/auto aim argument either. So far I haven't noticed/experienced anything of the such as you've described and I've been playing Halo since the original CE.

I will tell you that Halo 4 still by far takes more skill and accuracy to kill someone than any COD game I've ever played. Don't get me wrong, I love both, but I actually have to work for my kills in Halo, a good majority of the time. I don't feel the same in COD. I've always managed to achieve a 2.0+ K/D (2.5+ in MW3) with little to no problem.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#63DougEInstructorPosted 11/12/2012 11:54:07 PM
Can't believe people in here are actually saying Halo smh.
#64FlufyW0lf3yPosted 11/13/2012 12:02:23 AM
Decided to pop in on the CoD board and am surprised at how many people who said Halo. Makes me happy. I'll just wait for christmas to get Black Ops 2. Zombies look entertaining.
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393
#65dark link28Posted 11/13/2012 12:14:44 AM
Halo 4 by far. Better multiplayer, better campaign.
---
XBL: stupidmorgan
#66Overd0sPosted 11/13/2012 12:23:59 AM
In line for Black Ops 2 right now. I will comment once I play it. I have Halo4 and nearly a 2.0 kill/death ratio
---
http://qkme.me/3rkey4
Bad News: 2-6 all time. Good news: The coach has usually been fired at some point that season.
#67ymdasePosted 11/13/2012 12:34:35 AM
this
#68fatal_fighterPosted 11/13/2012 12:49:19 AM
Halo 4
#69armincASAPosted 11/13/2012 12:52:15 AM
FIFA 13
---
Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.
#70Liquid Snake2Posted 11/13/2012 12:52:33 AM
Halo is trash for tryhards who think they are too cool for CoD
---
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Guneagle01