Same exact cruddy graphics from 6 years ago

#11hat_redPosted 11/13/2012 8:09:34 AM
Seem a bit ironic. I consider myself a true gamer, no "amateur". Yet gameplay always comes first for me, before graphics. Graphics seems more catered to the masses. You like the eye candy. This game isn't meant to be a competitor to a game with graphics like Crysis.
---
XBL GT: K20Aaron
#12RepublicanThugPosted 11/13/2012 8:09:40 AM
henson802 posted...
With the millions upon millions of dollars each rehashed CoD profits, they can't even improve graphics from 6 years ago? Can't do proper ragdolls? No dedicated servers.

Guess this franchise really does appeal to the mass public and amateur gamer, or typical sheep that buys what everyone else does.

So many corners cut graphically just to have 60fps , which in all honesty from my 20+ years of gaming, makes no significant difference from a consistent 30 fps.

This franchise needs to take some serious notes from Halo 4 and Battlefield.

And I don't care about sales, like I said above, this franchise caters to the mass public and amateur gamer, does not make it a good game.

I actually thought the game looked much crisper. MP anyways

As to the game being good.... it's exactly what its supposed to be. A blockbuster that reaps tons of profit. Activision isn't in business to create a product that appeals to less. Cod has always been about the mp gameplay not graphics.
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#13factura5-101Posted 11/13/2012 8:09:42 AM
so Halo have dedicated servers....
---
lol at definition of gfaqs mod
http://tinyurl.com/3frd8zd
#14Nintendo guyPosted 11/13/2012 8:10:45 AM
henson802 posted...
Guess this franchise really does appeal to the mass public and amateur gamer, or typical sheep that buys what everyone else does..

This right here is cold, hard, unarguable fact, but people will defend it anyway because they're sheep.
#15kasbianPosted 11/13/2012 8:10:59 AM
destructoclaus posted...
And you bought the game anyway. Grats, TC.

So? I hate this generic mindless response.

TC you make a very valid point, with them making millions on an annual basis they could at least give dedicated servers. Also a graphics overhall could bring many many new buyers.

Not brought this yet, probably will at xmas for a break from halo, but the graphics are getting more dated annually, im starting to think they are waiting till next gen?

Which will mean the last COD of this game will look the same graphically as the first (COD 2) which is quite an achievement.
#16henson802(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:11:32 AM
destructoclaus posted...
And you bought the game anyway. Grats, TC.

Actually I have not bought past 4 rehashes
#17smolo82Posted 11/13/2012 8:12:23 AM
CerpinCygnus posted...
Solid FPS doesn't matter, sales don't matter, but graphics are the be all end all marking of a good game. Flawless logic.

I know I wonder how such systems like the NES ever sold.
---
Xbox GT - Smolo THE KloWn
17 Ex-Boxes and Counting. All from System Failure.
#18FeelMyBladePosted 11/13/2012 8:13:39 AM
Hey look! The hate sheep wants some attention. You are obvious mad that people play cod.

Good.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-32
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 3, Given:11
#19metal_hed9xPosted 11/13/2012 8:23:40 AM
henson802 posted...
With the millions upon millions of dollars each rehashed CoD profits, they can't even improve graphics from 6 years ago? Can't do proper ragdolls? No dedicated servers.

Guess this franchise really does appeal to the mass public and amateur gamer, or typical sheep that buys what everyone else does.

So many corners cut graphically just to have 60fps , which in all honesty from my 20+ years of gaming, makes no significant difference from a consistent 30 fps.

This franchise needs to take some serious notes from Halo 4 and Battlefield.

And I don't care about sales, like I said above, this franchise caters to the mass public and amateur gamer, does not make it a good game.

Grafix look fine to me. I will give it to halo 4 it looks nice but is boring to play. and BF is pure rubbish. Looks like crap plays even worse.
#20Garviel_LokanPosted 11/13/2012 8:34:57 AM
CoD 4 went at 60 FPS and to this day has some of the best graphics in video games.
---
To this day.... we still dont know...... WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!?