is there a bots only multiplayer mode?

#1ApexMjolnirPosted 11/13/2012 9:06:41 AM
I don't remember the name of the mode in BO1, but it was where you could play against bots only, and they had the names of people on your friends list. I have a couple of frineds that are pretty bad at playing against actual people, and this was the only mode I could convince them to play with me.

Yes they are girls, and yes they have played COD before, they just get too frustrated getting killed more than getting kills.

I personally prefer playing Hardcore iron-sights, FFA, but I also like to play games with my friends, and there is no way they will play the game or even purchase it, if there is no mode like that.

and No... Not Zombies... Zombies is the stupidest thing I have ever played.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#2pureragePosted 11/13/2012 9:11:34 AM
Yes its called Combat Training and yes it is in this game also.
---
The most objective point of view is a cynical one.
#3ApexMjolnir(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:31:01 AM
awesome. anyone know if the prestige option is there in that mode?
---
GT: Wonderpill
#4VladFrostPosted 11/13/2012 9:33:14 AM
So I can have 4 player split-screen with bots also? Is it only combat training or can I do something like set up team deathmatch with two + bots vs other two + bots?
#5HDCasePosted 11/13/2012 9:34:29 AM
Yes its in here but it's not called combat training any more. Combat training is a playlist that lets you play against other players and bots in the same game. What you want to do is just set up a private or offline game with bots.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#6HDCasePosted 11/13/2012 9:37:36 AM(edited)
awesome. anyone know if the prestige option is there in that mode?

In the private/custom game I described above, everything is unlocked except for skins and stuff.

So I can have 4 player split-screen with bots also? Is it only combat training or can I do something like set up team deathmatch with two + bots vs other two + bots?

In the last game I believe you could only do 2 player split screen with bots. Not sure about this one.

Info dump:

Combat Training will also return for Black Ops II. “As popular as COD is, there are a lot of people who don’t play MP,” says Vahn. “And quite frankly, this bugs the **** out of us. They should all play MP. And Combat Training helps us get there.” What’s more, Combat Training is no longer on its own level progression ladder; it’s now integrated with your “real” MP rank. So in Boot Camp mode, CT offers 12-player matches – three humans and three bots per team – and the first ten levels you gain in Boot Camp are real levels that you’ll keep for your public MP rank. Objective games in CT will give you XP beyond level 10, but you only gain XP at half the rate that you do in regular public matches. It’s the same 3+3 teams, but as the name suggests, you’re playing objective-based games (except for S&D). That’s right – the bots know how to play Domination now! The third Combat Training mode is Bot Stomp, which gives a six-player human team the chance to just destroy teams of AI suckers. “It’s pretty fun to kick bots asses,” admits Vahn, “and as a new player, that’s really rewarding.” It’s also good place to practice tactics with your team – you know, combat training.

Last but not least are Custom Games, which Vahn admits “have haunted me for two years, but today, it’s all good.” The reason for the change? “Every variation of every game mode is supported in custom games.” Players can also build their own custom classes, add bots, modify competitive rules, and restrict content. “You think that Claymores are the devil?” poses Vahn. “You can restrict it.” If you feel Pick 10 is too flexible, you make your players work within a smaller area of Pick 5 – the lowest is Pick 3 if you feel particularly cruel, and the highest is Pick-17 if you feel especially generous. “This mode lets you define the fun in your own terms,” says Vahn. “You get to put on your game designer hat. If someone thinks they can do a better job than us, I’m fine with it.”

http://oneofswords.com/2012/09/in-deeper-with-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-multiplayer/
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#7CHEN255Posted 11/13/2012 2:36:42 PM
HDCase, you are a legend. Thanks for the info dump & answering the questions about bots. It looks like custom matches are the way to go for bots only competition like we had in BO1's CT mode.