GS gives BO2 an 8.0 and Halo 4 a 9.0

#31AeliaPosted 11/13/2012 12:38:14 PM
KFactor1 posted...
Yeah dude, H4 has nothing new. The ordinance system, weapon spawns, create a class option, customization...

Learn your facts man.

Not to mention a whole new race of enemies, as well as the weapons that go along with them.

I don't need an arbitrary number to tell me if a game is good or not.
---
Longest championship drought in Boston: 7 years (New England Patriots)
GT: BostonBILL86
#32domesplitter13Posted 11/13/2012 12:38:50 PM
henson802 posted...
And there are armor abilities such as jet pack and shield to name a few.

nice, i enjoyed reading this.
#33SBKidJamXPosted 11/13/2012 12:39:44 PM
_huh posted...
Seems like GS is getting paid alot of money to stay biased towards Halo above all others.

I love when people trot out this line. "They didn't like <game I enjoy> as much as I did? They MUST be on the take!"
---
The triple-A battery hasn't been invented that can count the ninjas I've left headless.
#34TheBestFallerPosted 11/13/2012 12:41:35 PM
Man, the insecurity is strong with this one.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#35xHughJasxPosted 11/13/2012 12:41:58 PM
TC doesn't know a single thing about halo 4 if he thinks it's the same. This is a troll topic.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#36djshowstopper87Posted 11/13/2012 12:42:17 PM
_huh posted...
BO2 at least introduces some new ideas into the franchise, whether we agree with them or not. The game probably got the score it deserves, not on par with the greats, not a terrible game, but a good game with replayability. It does have most of the same elements used in previous games, just rehashed into a different setting, but nothing too innovative.

H4 has NOTHING new to show. Halo is the same game it has been since the beginning. GS gushes over that game, with some game player called tsquare doing halo buttlove stories everywhere. Most hyped rehash of old ideas in years.

SAME enemies, SAME weapons, SAME environments, SAME vehicles, SAME characters, SAME story. BORING. Nothing critical said about halo anywhere on GS.

Seems like GS is getting paid alot of money to stay biased towards Halo above all others.

Lol at some one who doesn't even have Halo 4. The game's mp is very different from previous halo games. New story, new enemies, weekly spartan ops content, great graphics. This is just the same old call of duty. Same game play since cod 4, same kill streaks, same old campaign. Call of duty fans can't bash any game when you are paying for the same garbage every year.
#37NoBulletPosted 11/13/2012 12:43:13 PM
Gamespot says 8.0 is great

Apparently great means subpar to some people
---
http://nobullet.deviantart.com
One of the Dedicated 500 - #9, #177
#38Random_PopeyePosted 11/13/2012 12:44:02 PM
_huh posted...
BO2 at least introduces some new ideas into the franchise, whether we agree with them or not. The game probably got the score it deserves, not on par with the greats, not a terrible game, but a good game with replayability. It does have most of the same elements used in previous games, just rehashed into a different setting, but nothing too innovative.

H4 has NOTHING new to show. Halo is the same game it has been since the beginning. GS gushes over that game, with some game player called tsquare doing halo buttlove stories everywhere. Most hyped rehash of old ideas in years.

SAME enemies, SAME weapons, SAME environments, SAME vehicles, SAME characters, SAME story. BORING. Nothing critical said about halo anywhere on GS.

Lol at some one who doesn't even have Halo 4. The game's mp is very different from previous halo games. New story, new enemies, weekly spartan ops content, great graphics. This is just the same old call of duty. Same game play since cod 4, same kill streaks, same old campaign. Call of duty fans can't bash any game when you are paying for the same garbage every year.

New kill streaks dude have you played blops2?
#39ssj5kingPosted 11/13/2012 12:48:22 PM(edited)
henson802 posted...
ssj5king posted...
NGd72 posted...
Halo 4 is miles ahead of Bops2

It introduces many new things to the game, mainly multiplayer, whereas Black Ops 2 is just new maps and and a couple new weapons. CoD is falling apart because there is nothing they have done to evolve the game. It's the same game year after year. Changing the name will only get them so far

What did H4 introduce to the MP that was good? There's weapons spawn which everyone just rushes to the shotgun or another instant kill weapon, there's create a class that has very limited options which everyone only picks the DMR (or another sniper) for instant kills, there's armor customization which doesn't do anything to the gameplay at all (they don't even allow you to have it on in a lot of game modes) and there's only 5 little maps for small teams and 5 big maps for big teams which everyone spam votes for the 1 same map over and over.

You are wrong on so many levels, I'm at work so I can't waste my time correcting your foolish assumptions. I will remark that weapons are now random spawns so there is no bum rushing to them because you don't know which will spawn.

And not all the unlocks are shown immediately, when u start there are like 5 armor combinations, now I'm rank 29 and there are at least 20 armor parts for each part of body, and more continually unlock.

Just face the facts, Halo is a series that has a lot of effort and love put into each iteration, and is continually supported for years with ongoing challenges and playlist updates. CoD just rehashes 95% of the game and tweaks a few mechanics then starts on the next CoD cash cow

There is bum rushing to them when they display on the screen as soon as they're there, doesn't take long to recognize which is the shotgun or which is a big instant kill weapon (or the little grenade pistol).

Like I said before armor customization does absolutely nothing for the gameplay and they don't even allow you to use them in some of the game modes. Since when did Halo become a dress up game instead of an FPS?

Halo has been coming out every year just like CoD and guess what each of them have been bad. Wars was a crappy RTS, ODST was a crappy $60 DLC and Reach tried something new but most people didn't like it and had too many broken things like armor lock and now we have H4 which is basically a copy of Reach but with pretty graphics and less variety.

BO2 at least doesn't take away things from previous games and adds more new variety instead of less than a previous game.
---
Xbox Live GT: Nnnking
#40EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 11/13/2012 12:46:13 PM
vashtricham posted...
Quote:Personally don't listen to Gamespot unless it's Kevin Van Ord reviewing. He's a good reviewer.
@EnVy_CaLiBeR
After his horrible RE6 review and his overrated reviews like ninja blade I will never take him seriously. He lets his own personal bias interfere with his reviews

Can't say the same. His reviews are usually spot on with my opinions for me and his review made me purchase my favorite game this generation in Demons Souls. Probably my best gaming purchase in awhile.