GS gives BO2 an 8.0 and Halo 4 a 9.0

#51mindandsoulPosted 11/13/2012 1:06:17 PM
henson802 posted...
Halo 4 is worlds ahead of CoD in every aspect.

And it ain't even close

LOL
#52kasbianPosted 11/13/2012 1:07:20 PM
_huh posted...
BO2 at least introduces some new ideas into the franchise, whether we agree with them or not. The game probably got the score it deserves, not on par with the greats, not a terrible game, but a good game with replayability. It does have most of the same elements used in previous games, just rehashed into a different setting, but nothing too innovative.

H4 has NOTHING new to show. Halo is the same game it has been since the beginning. GS gushes over that game, with some game player called tsquare doing halo buttlove stories everywhere. Most hyped rehash of old ideas in years.

SAME enemies, SAME weapons, SAME environments, SAME vehicles, SAME characters, SAME story. BORING. Nothing critical said about halo anywhere on GS.

Seems like GS is getting paid alot of money to stay biased towards Halo above all others.

I have and love both...but halo has new enemies new weapons new environments new vehicles new characters new story. Just saying ....
#53GundamThreePosted 11/13/2012 1:07:25 PM
I don't understand you people. Halo 4 has nothing new? It had a brand new bad guy. New enemies to go with him. New human, and covenant weapons. Not including the introduction of light guns. It explores the relationship of chief and cortana more intimately and expands on the forerunner backstory of the other games. Halo 4 is far from perfect, but it's an admirable addition to the franchise. I understand if these don't quite do it for you, but claiming it adds nothing to the series is an outright lie.
---
"Tch.. Fate.. Death.. What a terrible Christmas." -- Akihiko
#54_huh(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 1:09:03 PM
SBKidJamX posted...
_huh posted...
Seems like GS is getting paid alot of money to stay biased towards Halo above all others.

I love when people trot out this line. "They didn't like <game I enjoy> as much as I did? They MUST be on the take!"

Read the rest of my post. I could care less about either game. My point is that GS is so obviously in the tank for Halo that it hurts their credibility as an unbiased review site. They jumped the shark big time.
#55henson802Posted 11/13/2012 1:13:53 PM
Halo 4 may have new company developing, but was using resources from the past games I'm sure.

I am pretty positive there was a much longer development period for halo 4 vs Call of Rehash
#56UtterMoonPosted 11/13/2012 1:14:33 PM
_huh posted...
SBKidJamX posted...
_huh posted...

I love when people trot out this line. "They didn't like <game I enjoy> as much as I did? They MUST be on the take!"

Read the rest of my post. I could care less about either game. My point is that GS is so obviously in the tank for Halo that it hurts their credibility as an unbiased review site. They jumped the shark big time.

Well.....judging by your other post you do seem to care about Halo, you continually spout lies..as if saying that there is nothing new, and that everything is the same..over and over again..will make it true.

The GS reviewer..probably just liked Halo 4 more than Black Ops 2....I mean..on a graphics and sound level..it trumps the crap out of Black Ops. And you yourself said that Black Ops 2 added almost nothing new.....but you seem to be forgetting that your claim about Halo 4 doing nothing new..is a complete lie....

Hopefully now you see why it got a higher score.
#57_huh(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 1:14:57 PM
henson802 posted...
So if there are no armor unlocks that give you abilities sir TC, explain how some people in halo can jet pack, shield, or dash?

And uhm, what's wrong with customizing your halo armor? Been waiting for that for so long, kicking but and looking uniquely bad@$$ is great

You are seriously using customizable armor as an innovation plus? Seriously, I love customization of my character, honestly, and wish more developers would add it (like TC:R6 games), but that isn't much. By the way, wasn't that ability in Halo Reach? Wasn't the jetpack in ODST and Reach?
#58_huh(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 1:20:27 PM
UtterMoon posted...
_huh posted...
SBKidJamX posted...
_huh posted...

Well.....judging by your other post you do seem to care about Halo, you continually spout lies..as if saying that there is nothing new, and that everything is the same..over and over again..will make it true.

The GS reviewer..probably just liked Halo 4 more than Black Ops 2....I mean..on a graphics and sound level..it trumps the crap out of Black Ops. And you yourself said that Black Ops 2 added almost nothing new.....but you seem to be forgetting that your claim about Halo 4 doing nothing new..is a complete lie....

Hopefully now you see why it got a higher score.

That's fine that the reviewer liked it more than BO2. But what is so new about those parts of Halo that haven't been in previous games? It's all the same! For all the point made about Halo's new enemiies, storyline, weapons, and little things like spartan ops etc., I can say the same for BO2. It's just strange to me that there is so much gushing over Halo 4 when looking at the rest of the GS website. Everyother story on the homepage is something glorifying Halo 4. I've never seen this done for any other game.
#59NekoEspiritoPosted 11/13/2012 1:21:15 PM
They're both incredible and fun games. They're both also re hashes with minor tweaks, don't kid yourself by saying a new game mode or item remakes a game.

Nintendo reinvents Mario games. Admit it, when they add new things, it's large scale (Mario 64, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Smash Bros).

This isn't a bad thing, though. If CoD and Halo changed drastically, the fanbase wouldn't clamor to it in droves the way the main formula works I.e. That Halo RTS, or everyone criticizing ODST since it was more tactical oriented instead of Master Chief face melting 50 Scarabs at once solo with his leet skills and endless shield.

Enjoy the games you'll enjoy, and don't play the rest. I'm going to enjoy BO2 and eventually get Halo 4 down the road. Hell, the missus and I are going to rock Epic Mickey 2 next week. Hate on, haters.
---
Xbox gamertag: NekoEspirito
NekoEspirito CoD MW3 AC: 0018-3623-8313
#60xTreefiddy350xPosted 11/13/2012 1:24:32 PM
mindandsoul posted...
henson802 posted...
Halo 4 is worlds ahead of CoD in every aspect.

And it ain't even close

LOL

Yeah its funny but its true.