GS gives BO2 an 8.0 and Halo 4 a 9.0

#81jakethenoobPosted 11/13/2012 2:21:03 PM
Lol it blows my mind how hypocritical OP is. Saying Halo 4 has NOTHING new? And plays a series of games like Call of Duty? Give me a break...
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#82GundamThreePosted 11/13/2012 2:21:16 PM
ssj5king posted...
8Bomberman posted...
Halo 4 has NEW enemies, NEW weapons, NEW environments, NEW vehicles, NEW characters, NEW story. AMAZING. Nothing critical said about halo anywhere on GS. COD never changes

Halo=fiction

CoD=realistic

So how do people expect CoD to change so drastically when it's on Earth and not hundreds of years in the future on other planets? They can't do new enemies because of that unless it's robots, they do new weapons, they can't do too many new environments because of that, it isn't a vehicle focused game, they have new characters and new stories. Looks like it does change.

You're on the BO2 boards. A series that went from ww2, to modern, and now to futuristic. It's alright. You must have forgot what board you posted on.
---
"Tch.. Fate.. Death.. What a terrible Christmas." -- Akihiko
#83ssj5kingPosted 11/13/2012 2:24:57 PM(edited)
GundamThree posted...
ssj5king posted...
8Bomberman posted...
Halo 4 has NEW enemies, NEW weapons, NEW environments, NEW vehicles, NEW characters, NEW story. AMAZING. Nothing critical said about halo anywhere on GS. COD never changes

Halo=fiction

CoD=realistic

So how do people expect CoD to change so drastically when it's on Earth and not hundreds of years in the future on other planets? They can't do new enemies because of that unless it's robots, they do new weapons, they can't do too many new environments because of that, it isn't a vehicle focused game, they have new characters and new stories. Looks like it does change.

You're on the BO2 boards. A series that went from ww2, to modern, and now to futuristic. It's alright. You must have forgot what board you posted on.

Wow a whole 13 years in the future. Guess we should be in spaceships fighting aliens and living on Mars in 20-30 years huh?
---
Xbox Live GT: Nnnking
#84Xfma100Posted 11/13/2012 2:26:10 PM
I haven't played BO 2 enough to decide which is better.

And while I like Halo 4, the only huge change was multiplayer. And the multiplayer changes are things we have seen before in countless shooting games. (Including CoD)

So here are some complaints about Halo 4:

New weapons? Most of them are just different versions of the same gun. or older guns. (Or just a combination of guns.)
LR = DMR/BR/Carbine
Boltshot = PP/Magnum/(I can't remember the name, but it is the Brute shotgun secondary weapon IIRC)
Incinerator Cannon (This one is new)
Scattershot = Shotgun
EMP grenade = EMP equipment from Halo 3
Railgun = Spartan Laser
Sticky Detonator = A different grenade launcher.
etc.

New enemies? The Forerunners are new, but they just feel like stronger or weaker versions of other enemies imo.
Crawlers remind me of that one annoying Flood form in Halo 3.
Knights are just tougher Elites imo.
Watchers are a combination of Sentinels and Engineers.

Spartan Ops is repititive and boring imo.
Reusing Campaign maps and other Spartan Ops maps is not a good thing. Only the first season is free, so I hope the missions we have to pay for in the future are not rehashed levels.
No scoring and no punishment for dying.
Lag...
Campaign and Spartan Ops follow a pattern. (Press a button, kill enemies, rinse and repeat.)

War Games is almost always DMR/BR or a power weapon. (This isn't that bad. But the lack of variety can get boring.)
Ordnance drops can be annoying sometimes. (Needlers show up way too much for me.)

The new characters are just terrible imo.
Chief and Cortana's relationship also went a little too far imo.

Forge was just a slightly improved version of Reach's forge.

With all of that said, I still like Halo 4.

And CoD adds some of the same things Halo does, yet Halo gets praised for adding those things while CoD gets called out upon it. (For example, adding new weapons.)

But that's just my opinion.
*Raises flame shield*
#85Robin_MaskPosted 11/13/2012 2:37:08 PM(edited)
UtterMoon posted...
Four player Co-op for the entire campaign is now in the game

Four-player co-op has been available in Halo since Halo 3...

Shrike55 posted...
Notice how even on the Black Ops 2 board the consensus is that Halo 4 is the better made game. It is clear which is the superior game.

I love Halo, but I got bored of it so I never got Halo 4. I MIGHT buy it later though. However, I got bored at how unfair the campaign can get, especially with the enemies being bullet sponges most of the time, while it takes a few shot to lower your shields and along with the online having some lame BS and I do get unlucky with randoms and sometimes, even my friends can get stupid. However, is Halo 4 the better game? I haven't played it, so I can't say anything on the game, I just dislike it on a personal level. If it is a better game, I will recognize it, but opinion-wise, I like COD better.

It's like The Godfather to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, The Godfather is one of the best movies of all time and nowhere does SP even TOUCH IT, but I find SP much more fun to watch. Professionally, The Godfather is the better film, Scott Pilgrim is better on a personal level. Same ideas go to video games and the like.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#86MeatwadMontanaPosted 11/13/2012 2:45:48 PM
I don't think TC has played Halo 4.
#87SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 11/13/2012 2:46:13 PM
Just cuz I'm bored...
@moronicTC

"H4 has NOTHING new to show. Halo is the same game it has been since the beginning. GS gushes over that game, with some game player called tsquare doing halo buttlove stories everywhere. Most hyped rehash of old ideas in years.

SAME enemies, SAME weapons, SAME environments, SAME vehicles, SAME characters, SAME story. BORING. Nothing critical said about halo anywhere on GS. "

New enemies. New weapons. Brand new planet and no revisited locations from anything akin to the previous games, tbh. Well, partly H3 and CE but that's it and it's deliberate homages. Something CoD would know nothing about....

New vehicles. Err, only two recurring characters really. Brand new, greatly expanded, and far more mature story. Which again, is far more than you can expect from CoD, which doesn't have an identity at all outside of the way the game-play feels.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchfeature=player_embedded&v=cJbTyFzqZu0
#88inblackest73Posted 11/13/2012 2:47:24 PM
Babby's first day learning people have differing opinions, how cute!
#89NailbombPosted 11/13/2012 2:50:23 PM
Xfma100 posted...
War Games is almost always DMR/BR or a power weapon. (This isn't that bad. But the lack of variety can get boring.)
Ordnance drops can be annoying sometimes. (Needlers show up way too much for me.)

People don't realize just how useful the assault rifles can be, and the needler is an awesome power weapon. Seriously, use them.

The only thing that really bothers me about Halo 4 is that the story makes little sense unless you're either willing to go read the extended lore or find the cliff notes on the internet. Otherwise, it basically boils down to "Cortana is going crazy, and there's this enemy who wants to destroy humanity for some reason. Well, not destroy, but assimilate... by destroying. It's sci-fi, just go with it."
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#90phillyeagles123Posted 11/13/2012 3:09:08 PM
_huh posted...
BO2 at least introduces some new ideas into the franchise

I stopped reading there. Black Ops 2 adds nothing new, it's just a different way of doing the same thing we've been doing since COD 4. I think both Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 got fair reviews from Gamespot. The reason Halo 4 got a higher review is because it is more of a complete game. The campaign is worth playing, multiplayer adds things never before seen in Halo, and Spartan Ops is almost like a second campaign, with episodes being added every week. Black Ops 2 is the same recycled game we get every year from Call of Duty, and that's why it got a lower score than Halo 4.