ATTN: People with a >2.5 KD in any past CoD game.

#1TheBiggerOnePosted 11/13/2012 10:10:50 PM
Do you find yourself dying more than usual? I just want to set the record straight when it comes to this game. It feels like the playing field's been leveled between those who can scrape and those who, quite frankly, get scraped. Main reason being, surprise, the overtly complex maps. Not saying that's entirely the case though. Maybe I just suck now.

So, are you dying more than usual?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbySdh66npI
Deal with it.
#2jolleyfraggerPosted 11/13/2012 10:14:16 PM
I had over a 3.00 k/d in the past 3 cod games and am currently sitting at a 1.6 after playing for a bit tonight.

Many of my friends who had the same k/d or higher are struggling as well.

I think it may have to do with not knowing the maps that well and not having a lot of things unlocked. As I get more familiar with the game, I'm sure I'd be able to shoot back up.

But yes, this game does seem hard to do consistently well in, I feel that the terrible spawns have a lot to do with this, especially in TDM.
#3RizzonaterPosted 11/13/2012 10:15:40 PM
I'm dying more than usual, but I don't know the maps as much as I'd like yet. Most of my deaths are also not head to head engagements. On a different note, I don't know that I'm going to prestige this CoD. Most of the perks and weapons worth having are rather high level unlocks
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater
#4TheBiggerOne(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:15:59 PM
jolleyfragger posted...
I had over a 3.00 k/d in the past 3 cod games and am currently sitting at a 1.6 after playing for a bit tonight.

Many of my friends who had the same k/d or higher are struggling as well.

I think it may have to do with not knowing the maps that well and not having a lot of things unlocked. As I get more familiar with the game, I'm sure I'd be able to shoot back up.

But yes, this game does seem hard to do consistently well in, I feel that the terrible spawns have a lot to do with this, especially in TDM.

I thought that as well, but damn, even maps I've played 10, 15 times, I cannot grasp the flow of. It's as if there is none.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbySdh66npI
Deal with it.
#5Buff_Daddy24Posted 11/13/2012 10:21:12 PM
The maps are a lot smaller this time around it seems. There is a lot of obstacles in these maps that make it easier for an enemy to hit you from far away. That and regular team death match feels like hardcore. Does anyone else notice it doesn't take much to kill someone from across the map? Couple quick shots and boom you're dead.
---
There must have been lag 2,000 years ago cuz it took Jesus 3 days to respawn. - -
PSN/360: HELLEVATOR
#6ShELbY_GT500Posted 11/13/2012 10:21:58 PM
imo map design does not really allow a way to really implement a strategy. Spawns dont help either. Black Ops was my first CoD and my k.d started out negative and at my 15th prestige I just got over the 2.0 k.d ratio - not that I really care about that anymore. My current ratio on Blops 2 is around the 1.7 however I cant seem to have any consistent games. Im personally not enjoying much about this game and may by the weekend return it.
---
Mess with the bull?...
#7Buff_Daddy24Posted 11/13/2012 10:24:30 PM
I don't blame you shelby. It's one of those games where you are awesome one game and absolute garbage in the next. I'm thinking it might be the lag. One game nobody can touch me and the next game I can't hit a single person.
---
There must have been lag 2,000 years ago cuz it took Jesus 3 days to respawn. - -
PSN/360: HELLEVATOR
#8coldisgoodPosted 11/13/2012 10:25:02 PM
Yes, although my connection is terrible at this apartment. But seriously I can't figure out what is happening, the spawns have never been this bad.

Also, uav is all powerful now?
---
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth
#9motoraptorPosted 11/13/2012 10:25:05 PM
Yeah, I'm struggling. But unlike others, I do NOT think it is the maps. I am sticking to the outside, making sure the enemy is only ever ahead of me.

It's the 1v1 gunfights, for me. I don't know if it's my connection or what, but a lot of the time I am getting the first shot off but still losing. The gun itself doesn't really matter as I've dropped and been dropped by most of the starting guns.

Maybe it's the whole SMG thing too. I'm just too used to sprinting everywhere in MW3 with rapid fire and extended mags on the PP90, P90, UMP45, it didn't matter. When I try to play a little slower with ARs, it kinda works.

But yeah, after playing this for a while, I'm a little baffled.
#10SaucemanXPosted 11/13/2012 10:27:20 PM
In past games I've held a 1.7ish roughly (tho mostly SND). In his games I'm sitting at a 1.0 but Ifeel like I contribute more than that in each match. I'd say most of my bad games come from playing solo. Some games I'm 33-7 and others I'm 9-19. I don't mind though because even when I do bad, I'm having fun. In other games, even doing work was not particularly entertaining.
---
| S | A | U | C | E | M | A | N |
Crafted with genius, energized with madness.