Returning a scratched disk to Bestbuy

#11duericPosted 11/14/2012 12:45:52 AM
Plzstopflaming posted...
So should I even mention that its scratched? should I just get store credit and go to another Bestbuy?

They're gunna check it, bro.

The only way they'll take it back is if "it came that way".
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12SDChargers19Posted 11/14/2012 12:47:10 AM
Just say it was scratched when you opened it. I had a disc that was scratched in an unopened copy of Assassin's Creed 2. It had come loose from the disc holder. If it hasn't happened again and don't want to deal with the hassle, you could get a disc resurfacer. They as low as $10. Honestly, it's what Gamestop uses when they get trade ins that's scratched before reselling them.
#13thebest99Posted 11/14/2012 12:47:46 AM
Go to walmart and tell them you got it as a gift and it's scratched and you don't have a receipt. Then they'll get you a new copy.

Your welcome.
---
Be my super friend and lets have rainbow fun time!
GT: Dan Harkinz
#14duericPosted 11/14/2012 12:48:55 AM
thebest99 posted...
Go to walmart and tell them you got it as a gift and it's scratched and you don't have a receipt. Then they'll get you a new copy.

Your welcome.

That's some karma s*** right there, dude.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#15thebest99Posted 11/14/2012 12:54:56 AM
Well it's a gray area. You can only return an item without a receipt up to 3 times a year at wal-mart with an ID.
---
Be my super friend and lets have rainbow fun time!
GT: Dan Harkinz
#16lderivedxPosted 11/14/2012 12:58:02 AM
So basically the store is losing money because you can't take care of your stuff.

Seems reasonable.
---
this is a shining example of why people with alternating caps in their names are treated like special children. - Sin
GT: i derive dx
#17duericPosted 11/14/2012 1:09:00 AM
thebest99 posted...
Well it's a gray area. You can only return an item without a receipt up to 3 times a year at wal-mart with an ID.

I'm just sayin. I wouldn't take it to another store.

I'd just go to BB and tell em it came that way. Or buy another one with the scratch protection, and then exchange the scratched one under that receipt for a new one, and return the second unopened one you bought under the old receipt.

I know it's not much better ethically, but at least they're making $ on what amounts to user negligence.

They're just going to take the scratched one, resurface it and sell it as used anyway. So it's not like you're stealing. In the end, they actually come out ahead. They still have your $60 + warranty + the sale of the used copy.
---
#18dragoon33Posted 11/14/2012 1:18:31 AM
dueric posted...
thebest99 posted...

I'm just sayin. I wouldn't take it to another store.

I'd just go to BB and tell em it came that way. Or buy another one with the scratch protection, and then exchange the scratched one under that receipt for a new one, and return the second unopened one you bought under the old receipt.

I know it's not much better ethically, but at least they're making $ on what amounts to user negligence.

They're just going to take the scratched one, resurface it and sell it as used anyway. So it's not like you're stealing. In the end, they actually come out ahead. They still have your $60 + warranty + the sale of the used copy.

This guy.

Attempting to justify a strangers idiocy - Trying your hardest to find a deceptive solution.

This attitude right here en masse shows off the slow decay of decent and honest people...it's just sickening.

Sterilize yourself please.
---
It's not what you say anymore...it's how you say it that matters....
#19SoulEater00Posted 11/14/2012 1:21:39 AM
Nobody else thinks that his roommate owes him a new copy?
---
GT: Soul Eater Awmi
#20blacklabelicePosted 11/14/2012 2:01:59 AM(edited)
happened to me when i bumped my xbox back on release date for elder scrolls oblivion. i bumped my console and it burned a ring around my disc.

fortunately any game that i know im gonna put over 75 hours into i will never hesitate to pay the extra couple dollars on. its good for a year so why not?

hope you didnt cheap out on the $2 scratch protection from gamestop. u might have to wait until they get used copies in stock, because they dont give you new ones.

its a good investment. sure beats buying a brand new copy or having to pay for resurfacing.

edit: oh wait you got it from best buy. i dont know what their policy is on that, nevermind i guess.