Returning a scratched disk to Bestbuy

#31JDungan69Posted 11/14/2012 5:39:09 AM
If you know anyone who has a copy if the game borrow their copy for a few minutes to install the game on the hard drive. After its installed you should be OK. I had the same problem with last years NCAA football. I rented the game from blockbuster installed it to my hard drive and then was still able to play using my scratched game. Never had another problem with it.
#32thebest99Posted 11/14/2012 11:14:25 AM
Well when I worked at Wal-Mart it wasn't much of a choice besides fulfilling customers satisfaction. I mean will you feel good about doing it? I don't know if you're an honest person you probably will feel like **** but if not then I guess you won't mind each way. You could also just ask your roommate to buy you a new copy or go have it resurfaced for 10 bucks but if it's still working you can install it to your HD and just play it off that way which I should've just suggested last night.
---
Be my super friend and lets have rainbow fun time!
GT: Dan Harkinz
#33EndersRapturePosted 11/14/2012 11:20:46 AM
Roommate owes you a copy. Not best buy.
#34ssupermario92Posted 11/14/2012 11:22:29 AM
EndersRapture posted...
Roommate owes you a copy. Not best buy.

^
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 31 PM if you think so as well
#35shadowsofdawnPosted 11/14/2012 11:25:59 AM
Take it back, immediately tell them that the disk is scratched and that it does not load correctly (before they check it). Insist it came that way, you'll get a new copy. Ask to see a manager if the associates gives you any trouble.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#36xDeadrebornxPosted 11/14/2012 11:28:25 AM
SoulEater00 posted...
Nobody else thinks that his roommate owes him a new copy?

his roommate is superflex the man.
---
It was close...real close.
#37RavenBStonePosted 11/14/2012 11:28:33 AM
This is so obvious to fix as long as you have the original receipt...

Step1: buy new copy, get scratch protection

Step2: return old copy with scratch protect receipt to get another new copy.

Step3: return one of your two new copies with the original purchase receipt.

You're out the scratch protection cost, but not out the cost of the full game. Make the roommate deal with the whole situation imo, at least financially.
#38chris_Posted 11/14/2012 11:31:38 AM
JDungan69 posted...
If you know anyone who has a copy if the game borrow their copy for a few minutes to install the game on the hard drive. After its installed you should be OK. I had the same problem with last years NCAA football. I rented the game from blockbuster installed it to my hard drive and then was still able to play using my scratched game. Never had another problem with it.

This guy gave the best answer, I had the same problem and installing the game is the best solution.
#39Shura_SurplicePosted 11/14/2012 11:35:40 AM
TC is an idiot
#40Plzstopflaming(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 2:47:24 PM
to update this the guy at best buy was actually really cool and exchanged it. Didnt even ask me until afterwards if I knocked over my xbox which I ended up telling him I did. He then let me know that a disc did the same thing to him and he knows what its like to get a game 2-3 days after it came out and your xbox chewing it up.