List of reasons why this multiplayer is more difficult.

#1Soul_On_DisplayPosted 11/14/2012 12:59:47 AM(edited)
Not a complete list. Feel free to add things or just debate what I write down.

- Higher TTK. This is a major one. The act of taking longer to kill someone in itself isn't bad. Halo seems to do it just fine, so do other games. This does get in a way in moments when you're about to kill someone and you get interrupted by someone else killing you first, but this is only one of the few examples that prove higher TTK is bad.

- Every bullet counts. Contributing to the higher TTK, we have the need to hit the enemy with more bullets. This means you need to pay extreme attention to what gun and attachment you use, and how your overall accuracy is. Combat brawls happen so fast, are you sure you're hitting the enemy with every bullet? Is the recoil causing some bullets to stray off aiming line? Are you aiming perfectly at enemies when firing, or you have small moment of inaccuracy first? Things like these are things that can make it seem like you can't win any brawl in battle. It might be a pre-made choice in your class, or your own camera control.

- Explosives are effective. Very self-explanatory. Unlike in MW3 where you could get away after a semtex detonating five feet in front of you, in this game you can't.

- Everything is balanced, a little too balanced. The CoD community isn't used to having every gun vary only slightly in effectiveness, only to have that benefit be gone with a change of an attachment. Most brawls in combat are lost just because one person had something slightly more effective in his/her class than you. Due to the many options in customization and how not one option is more clear, many people are essentially battling their set-ups with minor advantages making huge differences.

- We're all still learning. We don't know what weapons, perks, equipment to use. We also don't know which areas in the maps are more valuable than the other spots. A little more experience in one map could mean you will have an advantage of over 20 kills at certain times. Also having a bit more experience with the multiplayer in general will mean you will do a lot better, obviously.

- Arms race. New multiplayer games are basically arms races, except you actually use your arsenal. This point is obvious so no need to get too deep. It's easy to understand that losing comes naturally when someone has new and better stuff.

- Game pace. We might love our instant action, but people fail to realize that our enemies will also spawn and in in areas of interest just as fast. This leads to a lot of people getting shot from angles they didn't know existed.

- Radar obsession. In the early era of this game, we will have to deal with this dreaded phase. Even with eventual counters, there's no doubt that BO2 likes its methods of pinging you onto enemy radar. That means the element of surprise will be harder to hold.

Maps are not an issue with the game, IMO. Connection conditions are also not completely clear, so I don't know for sure. Here's why maps aren't an issue: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/64622532
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
#2Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:18:49 AM
~shameless bump~

No one agrees with the list? Probably too lazy to read it -__-
---
#3sickie09isminePosted 11/14/2012 11:21:21 AM
Yeah..I skipped the wall of text..it is wayyy to long for me to read in the middle of class
---
Gamertag- Sickie09ismine
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should therefore be regarded as a criminal offense. - E.W. Dijkstra
#4Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:23:29 AM
sickie09ismine posted...
Yeah..I skipped the wall of text..it is wayyy to long for me to read in the middle of class

It's not exactly a wall. I put spaces in there :/

It's still a lot of text, though. I know. I have a knack for writing a bunch of s*** that people don't read lol.
---
#5fatclemenzaPosted 11/14/2012 11:30:26 AM
I'm fine with learning curves and things related to that. I'm not fine with having position on somebody and still losing despite being on target because he's a full second ahead of me, despite the connection being a perfect 4 bar (as in, no delay between firing and impact like under lag). I don't even go into gunfights with confidence because of how inexplicable some of my deaths have been.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#6Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:37:52 AM
See, I'm not completely sure if connection issues are the issue, or we're just confusing connection issues with what I mentioned in the "every bullet counts" point. Perhaps people feel like they instantly die in brawls because their first couple of bullets aren't on target.
---
#7ElGadoPosted 11/14/2012 11:43:11 AM
The list is spot on. If I were to summarize it, I would say that your reasoning for this game being more "difficult" is that the game is more fair and more balanced.

But the real argument that should be made is that it's not easy to get 40-0 games like older CODs. You actually have to WORK for it instead of depending on killstreaks and other cheap tactics.
#8fatclemenzaPosted 11/14/2012 11:46:23 AM
I'm not the generic CoD player. I recognize when my aim isn't on target and recognize when my red dot or iron sight is right over somebody in close-mid range. Since conventional tactics seem to be inconsistent, I guess I'll just start sprinting around corners spraying off laser sight SMGs.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#9NinjaDeath911Posted 11/14/2012 11:47:04 AM
ElGado posted...
The list is spot on. If I were to summarize it, I would say that your reasoning for this game being more "difficult" is that the game is more fair and more balanced.

But the real argument that should be made is that it's not easy to get 40-0 games like older CODs. You actually have to WORK for it instead of depending on killstreaks and other cheap tactics.

Exactly

I have a friend who wishes it can go back to the days of constant scavenger resupply of claymores

I would be like "yeah....but that was the cheesiness that ruined the game to begin with"

he would be like "well I thought it was fun"

and there you have it........the people that jumped on board with MW2.....are those people that need their hands held to do good

now that they don't have that, they realize that they just suck at the game

sucks for them, go back to MW2 and MW3
#10Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:51:12 AM
At least people agree with what I posted, for the most part :)
---