US Ps3 servers are down at the moment. Hope it doesn't happen to you guys.

#1TheBlueDeathPosted 11/14/2012 3:01:18 AM
Blarg. Seems some of my European friends can play fine so I'm guessing it is just US regions.

Now I'm just twiddling my thumbs, halfway playing Guild Wars 2 and halfway figuring out my classes in BO2.

Feel free to share your go to class or weapon.

Mine would be the Silenced Fal with select fire and a foregrip.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2singhellotakuPosted 11/14/2012 3:09:49 AM
It won't, we pay for our online, it has certain perks
#3Aether_LyricPosted 11/14/2012 3:12:43 AM
singhellotaku posted...

you realize paying for Xbox live doesn't magically stop Activision's servers from having problems?
#4alex_frPosted 11/14/2012 3:17:12 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
singhellotaku posted...

you realize paying for Xbox live doesn't magically stop Activision's servers from having problems?

Except that this game doesn't use Activision servrs for matchmaking but Xbox Live, Only EA games like Battlefield has their own servers. If Xbox Live goes does sure but activision servers are only for stat tracking and other things not match making.
#5Aether_LyricPosted 11/14/2012 3:25:35 AM
alex_fr posted...
Except that this game doesn't use Activision servrs for matchmaking but Xbox Live, Only EA games like Battlefield has their own servers. If Xbox Live goes does sure but activision servers are only for stat tracking and other things not match making.

No... I don't know where you got that idea. Every publisher has servers for their own games. I think you're confused with "dedicated servers" which has nothing to do with this.

League Play and Zombies works, it's an in-game matchmaking problem for public games. Clearly nothing to do with PSN.
#6BrostachePosted 11/14/2012 3:37:55 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
alex_fr posted...

No... I don't know where you got that idea. Every publisher has servers for their own games. I think you're confused with "dedicated servers" which has nothing to do with this.

League Play and Zombies works, it's an in-game matchmaking problem for public games. Clearly nothing to do with PSN.

yea activision has their own stat tracking servers.

Microsoft servers handles the matchmaking process...

Its the same with the chat servers, thats why xbox live can have cross game party chat and PSN cant. Because microsoft is running the servers for chat as well.
#7RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/14/2012 3:40:08 AM
Too bad I'm on Xbox PAYING to have servers down right now.
---
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
#8BrostachePosted 11/14/2012 3:42:33 AM
Brostache posted...
Aether_Lyric posted...
alex_fr posted...

Its the same with the chat servers, thats why xbox live can have cross game party chat and PSN cant. Because microsoft is running the servers for chat as well.

also on xbox on the dashboard (or in any game) you can choose someone's gamertag and choose not to be placed in the same games with them if they were cheating or disruptive or whatever.

that only works because microsoft handles the matchmaking process.
#9AEagleguyPosted 11/14/2012 3:43:28 AM
Brostache posted...
Aether_Lyric posted...
alex_fr posted...

Nope, it clearly says the BLACK OPS 2 SERVERS ARE CURRENTLY DOWN. Where do you read Xbox servers in that error message?
---
XBL- xTheBrucex
#10BrostachePosted 11/14/2012 4:04:06 AM
AEagleguy posted...
Brostache posted...
Aether_Lyric posted...
alex_fr posted...

Nope, it clearly says the BLACK OPS 2 SERVERS ARE CURRENTLY DOWN. Where do you read Xbox servers in that error message?

I dont have the game yet, its still being shipped. I was just stating that the matchmaking servers are indeed run by microsoft and are listed as being up: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

if something is down, it isnt the matchmaking servers.