WAIT! Should I open this, or take it back for Halo 4??

#21GamingRasta(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 4:17:26 AM
Isnt "Camper!" something a person who just died exclaims?

Exactly. LOL
#22MasterViVi2Posted 11/14/2012 4:18:36 AM
ZyloWolfBane posted...
Who_ate_the_pie posted...
ZyloWolfBane posted...
MasterViVi2 posted...
Go rent them both at redbox for a couple days.

This game will be excellent once they fix the netcode issue.

What netcode issue? Every match I've done has been smooth and every person has had 4 bars.

Get better internet.

Just because it's clear sailing for you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.

Yeah, but its not a netcode issue unless EVERYONE is experiencing it.

1% of the playerbase with bad internet =/= bad netcoding.

I have 4 bars in most matches dip****. There is a netcode issue, just like there was with blops1. I'm sort you're too simple minded to see the obvious lag issues even in lobbies full of 4 bars.
---
Current backlog - Disgaea 2, Final Fantasy 6, Witcher 2, Rage, Radiata Stories, Mass Effect (Vanguard playthrough), Dragon Age: Origins (Nightmare playthrough)
#23ZyloWolfBanePosted 11/14/2012 4:19:16 AM
aheroafake posted...
I've got both and don't regret it at all. Haven't beaten the campaigns for either game yet but so far everything these two games have to offer are amazing. If you have to choose one and want an engaging story, get Halo 4. I'm not bashing the story for BO2 but I think Halo 4 wins in that category.

Thats another good point, Halo 4 has a pre-existing story that people really like, this is only the second Blops and personally....I didnt enjoy the storyline as much as I did in the MW games.

Then again you shouldnt really base your choice on a 6+ hour single player campaign either.
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~
#24Sniper4hire8209Posted 11/14/2012 4:20:22 AM
Shikazure posted...
Sniper4hire8209 posted...
Shikazure posted...
Sniper4hire8209 posted...
If you want an amazing game just get Halo 4. This is more of the same but worse and I'm kinda disappointed that Treyarch dropped the ball on this one IMO.

your pretty ignorant to say that only black ops 2 is more of the same halo 4 is also more of the same

if i had to say Black ops 2 had the better Campaign you can go through it do thing differently and see how that changes the ending it displeases me to see that Halo 4 story was a Soap opera starring Cortana...

Multiplayer aspects of both games have changed a slightly since previously games and are still good so in the end its mostly about what franchise you enjoy the most

though do keep in mind if you get halo 4 dont bother trying to play split screen with friends it will cause a noticeable drop in games on a game that runs at ONLY 30 frames

You're pretty ignorant to not bother reading the "IMO" part. I don't think Halo 4 is like any of the other Halo games besides the obvious stuff.

saying something like that makes it seem like the pick 10 and score streak system has been in call of duty since CoD4 i didnt know that i could remove both my guns in MW3 and run around with only my knife out

Ballistic knife in Black Ops say hello. If you wanna use that logic then I don't think the extra weapons (Forerunner), game modes, specialties, etc were in the other Halo games. Don't get me wrong, I love CoD just as much as the next guy but I feel that as of now this game isn't that great. I hope things can change because I'd rather not have wasted $60.
---
Xbox GT - Kidd Casual
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." Andrew Ryan
#25ZyloWolfBanePosted 11/14/2012 4:22:13 AM
MasterViVi2 posted...
ZyloWolfBane posted...
Who_ate_the_pie posted...
ZyloWolfBane posted...
MasterViVi2 posted...
Go rent them both at redbox for a couple days.

This game will be excellent once they fix the netcode issue.

What netcode issue? Every match I've done has been smooth and every person has had 4 bars.

Get better internet.

Just because it's clear sailing for you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.

Yeah, but its not a netcode issue unless EVERYONE is experiencing it.

1% of the playerbase with bad internet =/= bad netcoding.

I have 4 bars in most matches dip****. There is a netcode issue, just like there was with blops1. I'm sort you're too simple minded to see the obvious lag issues even in lobbies full of 4 bars.

No, cause theres no hit detection issues, no rubberbanding its smooth as hell, even smoother than the first Blops and WAY smoother than MW3.

I've had only one disconnection cause the host left, thats it, every single match has been perfect so far.

When the entire forum on treyarch's own site blows up with complaints and other sites make mention of it, I'll take more consideration on your statement, but until I experience it for myself or hear complaints from the people in my party as well as the rest of the lobby, I'll assume its more your problem than the game's.
---
#26GamingRasta(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 4:23:50 AM
ZyloWolfBane posted...
aheroafake posted...
I've got both and don't regret it at all. Haven't beaten the campaigns for either game yet but so far everything these two games have to offer are amazing. If you have to choose one and want an engaging story, get Halo 4. I'm not bashing the story for BO2 but I think Halo 4 wins in that category.

Thats another good point, Halo 4 has a pre-existing story that people really like, this is only the second Blops and personally....I didnt enjoy the storyline as much as I did in the MW games.

Then again you shouldnt really base your choice on a 6+ hour single player campaign either.

Oh I hear ya.

Im more impressed by accurate hit detection online and good physics = COD games have seemed to get wonkier since Mw2

I actually did enjoy the Halo Reach campaign and thought, again, that Halo Reach was a hell of a product in gaming. Id even dork out and leave the start screen for Reach on my screen for a long time while i got red-eye to play.
#27majormPosted 11/14/2012 4:37:33 AM(edited)
First of all, Halo 4 is one of the best games ever! Get it and you can't go wrong. BUT....where are you reading all these bad reviews for BO2?? I haven't seen any. All the reviews I've seen - including from the main game sites - have been stellar. Even though GS only gave it an 8, they didn't have much negative to say about it. Play BO now, and when you have the money, get Halo 4 too!

This site is the haven of haters. BO2 looks and I'm sure is, amazing! I have it but haven't played it yet. Can't wait to. Halo 4 is just off the charts!! One of the best game I've ever played and the only reason I haven't already jumped into BO is I can't stop playing Halo.

You already spent the money and have in your hand one of the best games that will come out this year. Play it. And when you can, go get what probably IS the game of the year.
---
Five million Cybermen, no problem. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#28ZyloWolfBanePosted 11/14/2012 4:27:20 AM(edited)
GamingRasta posted...
ZyloWolfBane posted...
aheroafake posted...

Oh I hear ya.

Im more impressed by accurate hit detection online and good physics = COD games have seemed to get wonkier since Mw2

I actually did enjoy the Halo Reach campaign and thought, again, that Halo Reach was a hell of a product in gaming. Id even dork out and leave the start screen for Reach on my screen for a long time while i got red-eye to play.

Well hit detection is a hot topic right now, but for the most part it seems to only be a tool for trolls and people who're bad at the game to nitpick on, and not provide proof.

Its been really solid so far for me, but as with everything that'll vary on your connection.

Bottom line though, get one now and get the other later, you really wont regret it.
---
#29ShikazurePosted 11/14/2012 4:32:02 AM
Brostache posted...
LinkIsSpartan posted...
Halo aint that great man, its kinda overrated. Its a good game but i think Reach was way better. Halo 4 is ultimate campfest because u get weapon killstreaks. You will die from every direction possible somehow its annoying. Those are the main problems with the game and I personally dont like it.

how the hell does one camp in halo 4?

the only weapons you could really camp with are the sniper, energy sword, and shotgun.

but they are all power weapons.... and are very scarce, i dont even know if they respawn anymore.

I mean if you try to camp with a DMR or something, you will shoot someone a couple times, they will get behind cover and regen their shields then pop out and get the easy kill because you are sitting in one place and are an easy target.

I guess maybe in BTB or something there are enough kids running around in vehicles so you can potentially hang back and take pot shots. But thats why big open vehicle maps are casual noobfests.

There is no camping in team slayer.

in the map haven there are lots of spots you can hide behind and comp and a secondary called the bolt shot is like a mini shotgun that needs to be charged up to get one shot kills at close range
---
PSN & GT: somePUNK91
http://botc.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
#30ukkirtPosted 11/14/2012 4:37:32 AM
GamingRasta posted...
Seriously, guys....

We all know that $60 aint so easy to come by. Well, I had Blops2 picked up for me by a friend today, so Im sitting here with a copy...and havent opened it yet.

Im having my pre-game drinks and not only am I getting more buzzed the longer I hesitate, the more bad reviews....ABYSSMAL reviews Im coming across on the internet.

So what do you guys think?

Ive heard great things about Halo 4 so far = What should I do?

Please can you point me towards some of these ABYSSMAL reviews you are talking about. I havn't seen any yet.