WAIT! Should I open this, or take it back for Halo 4??

#31ZyloWolfBanePosted 11/14/2012 3:38:58 AM
ukkirt posted...
GamingRasta posted...
Seriously, guys....

We all know that $60 aint so easy to come by. Well, I had Blops2 picked up for me by a friend today, so Im sitting here with a copy...and havent opened it yet.

Im having my pre-game drinks and not only am I getting more buzzed the longer I hesitate, the more bad reviews....ABYSSMAL reviews Im coming across on the internet.

So what do you guys think?

Ive heard great things about Halo 4 so far = What should I do?

Please can you point me towards some of these ABYSSMAL reviews you are talking about. I havn't seen any yet.

Hopefully he hasnt been looking at metacritic.
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~
#32aheroafakePosted 11/14/2012 3:52:43 AM(edited)
ZyloWolfBane posted...
aheroafake posted...
I've got both and don't regret it at all. Haven't beaten the campaigns for either game yet but so far everything these two games have to offer are amazing. If you have to choose one and want an engaging story, get Halo 4. I'm not bashing the story for BO2 but I think Halo 4 wins in that category.

Thats another good point, Halo 4 has a pre-existing story that people really like, this is only the second Blops and personally....I didnt enjoy the storyline as much as I did in the MW games.

Then again you shouldnt really base your choice on a 6+ hour single player campaign either.

That is true but then again, in Halo 4 you have co-op in campaign, Spartan Ops (mini-story-ish missions that tie into the campaign in which you can also play either solo and co-op) and War Games (multiplayer portion of Halo 4). And with BO2, you have the campaign, zombies (pretty much the main reason I got BO2 in the first place lol), and the multiplayer portion as well. You also have Forge in Halo 4 and I think other stuff that I can't remember atm. Either way, both games have a lot to offer and you won't be going wrong with either of them. I honestly wasn't gonna get Halo 4 because I thought it was just gonna be a cheaply made quick cash-grab for Microsoft, but the more and more I heard, read, and watched about the game made me want it soooooo much more. Like I said, you will be happy with either choice TC. Whichever game you choose, it will keep you busy for quite awhile.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#33FlaecyPosted 11/14/2012 3:52:29 AM
Halo 4 I'm very disappointed myself.
#34NinjaDeath911Posted 11/14/2012 3:56:39 AM
After playing this for 5 hours last night, and playing Halo 4 the last week
I can easily say that BO2 is more enjoyable

Halo 4 is just dated and hiring. You think hit detection is bad in this? You'll throw your controller in halo when your 4 headshots do nothing but the guy downs you with two shots to the legs with the starting gun
#35AshleyGreene74Posted 11/14/2012 4:09:59 AM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
Halo aint that great man, its kinda overrated. Its a good game but i think Reach was way better. Halo 4 is ultimate campfest because u get weapon killstreaks. You will die from every direction possible somehow its annoying. Those are the main problems with the game and I personally dont like it.

Can I please have some of what you're smoking buddy? Halo 4 is everything but overrated, you must be thinking about CoD, the same crap every year except for some different weapons.

Campfest in Halo? WTF are you on, seriously. Maybe in a few objective playlists where players are protecting the objective so they're playing defensively, but other than that, no, just no. Maybe play it for more than an hour and get a better feel for it. If you're dying quickly, from a lot of directions.......TRY NOT RUNNING AROUND LIKE A GOON, ya'know how you're probably use to doing in CoD. Running out in the open, shooting your weapon Rambo style works in Cod, but in Halo, you'll get decked quickly. I'm not saying that in a way where it means that you have to play nothing but defensively, but you got to be smart on your routes that you're taking in the map, not just the good ol' CoD fashioned straight up the open middle with guns blazing.

The Ordinance Drops are extremely blown out of proportion. That's all I can say for them.

Most true Halo fans know that Halo 4 is an amazing game with very few and minor flaws. 343i really did an excellent job with it, though they did mess forge mode up a bit.
#36AWarAmp84Posted 11/14/2012 4:15:51 AM
Halo 4. I bought it and I'm actually quite impressed.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4 and L4D 2.
#37aheroafakePosted 11/14/2012 4:17:12 AM
AshleyGreene74 posted...
...343i really did an excellent job with it, though they did mess forge mode up a bit.

Not trying to call you out but Certain Affinity were the ones that developed most, if not all of Forge mode.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
#38CrayonmuffinPosted 11/14/2012 4:23:54 AM
Halo 4 is much, MUCH better made. Way more care was taken to make that game and it shows. This is like previous CODS with a couple tweaks....just like every year. If I were to choose one or the other, it'd be Halo. But I have both. So I win.
#39RiverofDenialPosted 11/14/2012 4:25:29 AM
GamingRasta posted...
Umm....hey kid - I said a friend of mine picked it up for me. Meaning, he was at the store and grabbed me a copy thinking Id want it.

I threw $60 at him when he dropped it off.

He was happy.

I was happy.

All parties involved were happy and gladly bereft of your judgements, haha

Ease up, man

Right, and because the $60 is so hard to come by, you gave it to him without you actually asking for the game.

Maybe I'm missing something, but that sounds like poor judgment to me.
---
XBL Gamertag: Pintsized Girl
I'm not an actual girl. I just like it when people get mad because they think they got wrecked by a girl.
#40aheroafakePosted 11/14/2012 4:27:04 AM
RiverofDenial posted...
GamingRasta posted...
Umm....hey kid - I said a friend of mine picked it up for me. Meaning, he was at the store and grabbed me a copy thinking Id want it.

I threw $60 at him when he dropped it off.

He was happy.

I was happy.

All parties involved were happy and gladly bereft of your judgements, haha

Ease up, man

Right, and because the $60 is so hard to come by, you gave it to him without you actually asking for the game.

Maybe I'm missing something, but that sounds like poor judgment to me.

Your gamertag and signature are ******* awesome, lol.
---