Prestiging in Black Ops 2 question

#1MissPittmanPosted 11/14/2012 8:46:50 AM
When you prestige in Black ops 2, you have three choices as to what you want to do. You can choose to have an extra custom class, you can choose to get your tokens back, and you can choose to reset all of your stats and progress. You also get one unlock token, to unlock whatever you want.

If you choose to unlock a gun with your unlock token, and then choose to reset all of your stats and progress, will that affect your unlocked gun that you chose? If not, what does resetting all of your stats and progress affect? Will you still have your prestige 1 rank, or does that also get reset?

Sorry if this is confusing, it's been bothering me all morning. I want to prestige, but I don't want to choose something that I'm going to regret.
#2doomedsunsoulPosted 11/14/2012 9:03:01 AM
Also what does a stat reset do exactly? Does it reset your Time Played stat?
#3KryingKetchupPosted 11/14/2012 9:05:08 AM
I want info...3arc should give better detail instead of always assuming we know EXACTLY what they are implying
#4MissPittman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 9:06:45 AM
Yeah, I have no clue what they mean. It's a little frustrating for me. I wanna prestige but I'm not going to if I don't really know what I'm jumping into.

I wanna punch Treyarch in the dick.
#5glassghost0Posted 11/14/2012 9:08:08 AM
why exactly would you want to reset your stuff? just curious
---
Signature OFF
#6foodeater4Posted 11/14/2012 9:09:34 AM
glassghost0 posted...
why exactly would you want to reset your stuff? just curious

statmongers would probably spend the first prestiege just learning the game and maps. Then reset and start at 0 so they can have a better k/d
#7MissPittman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 9:11:52 AM
I just want to know what they mean. If they mean you are resetting your KD and those stats, or if it is resetting EVERYTHING including your rank, gun unlocks....etc.

I understand being able to get an extra custom class, and to get your tokens back, but I don't understand the reset stats part.
#8Nate545Posted 11/14/2012 9:12:44 AM
There are 55 levels per Prestige, with 10 Prestiges, similar to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. However, Prestiging no longer resets weapon experience or unlocks, it no longer wipes challenge progress and instead is intended to be another step in progression.

When a player Prestiges, they earn a Prestige Unlock Token that unlocks an item forever, similar to using a Prestige Token for unlocking Gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. There are also three options they must select from:

Unlock an extra Custom Class, with a maximum of 5 extra
Completely reset stats to "truly start over"
Receive a "Refund" of all used regular tokens
"It's like respecting or re-rolling your character in Call of Duty," said David Vonderhaar, explaining how the 'Refund' system will work. If you decide to take a different path with your unlock tokens, the refund option will lock all content, return all of your tokens, and allow you to carve a new path.

Upon reaching Level 55 of Prestige 10, a new prestige icon will be unlocked, instead of the regular icon unlocked when Prestige 10 is entered.
---
GT "NATHAN245"
#9OuragonPosted 11/14/2012 9:17:28 AM
Are unlock tokens cumulative, or do they reset each prestige? Basically, I know everything unlocks at 10th prestige but I've hated prestiging in the past. Is it possible to have evrything unlocked at a lower prestige?
#10MissPittman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 9:18:05 AM
Nate545 posted...

.....Completely reset stats to "truly start over".....

I understand that you start over, but what I'm asking is - do you also lose your one prestige unlock token that you got for prestiging in the first place, or do you get to keep it, and have one weapon, perk...etc unlocked forever? Regardless of the fact that you chose to reset stats and "truly start over"...