This game is MW3, I hate it, didn't enjoy myself once today in 10 matches

#1Faust_8Posted 11/14/2012 11:55:55 AM
And I am seriously buying no more CoD games. That's it. I'm done. They've burned me twice in a row now.

No, I am not bad. I've always had K/Ds above 2, 2.4, or 2.5. I've mastered every gun class, I've championed unorthodox classes that trounce the "best" guns and "best" Perks. I am not bad.

But this game is literally as frustrating as MW3 because it copied the biggest reason MW3 was frustrating--the maps and spawns. This game improves on every other mistake MW3 made, but that's like comparing a broken car with a broken engine and then improving it so it looks spiffy but still has that broken engine.

The maps are, once again, utterly terrible. At no point can you be tactical or smart about how you move, because going anywhere brings you past 1-3 sightlines to your back/side. And it's full of corners and doorways and numerous "headglitching" spots (seriously, it's like they put chest-high cover at the edge of half the corners of the game).

Sniping is pointless unless you're both good at quickscoping and vain enough to do it. LMGs are gimp-city since they aim EVEN SLOWER than before (what is the reasoning behind that decision?) and the map design heavily favor weapons more suited to close range than LMGs are.

It is SMG city. There are 4+ SMGs on each team (out of 6) in every game. Because why not? Put a Laser Sight on them and they can easily beat the shotguns given the crazy-fast randomness of the maps.

When I die I don't think "ah should have expected that" at all. It's more like "given how many places I would have to see simultaneously to avoid that encounter, HOW COULD I HAVE AVOIDED IT?" There are way too many situations where you need compound eyes, or at least 10 sensitivity and ADHD disorder, to be able to move without exposing yourself to danger from several lines of sight.

Numerous times I've had spawn killed and reverse spawn killed. That almost never happened in the games that had good maps and spawns (CoD4, MW2, BO).

I don't think us "whiners" are doing it because we can't get scorestreaks or the guns are too hard to use or any of that--it's just that it's simply a more polished random cluster ****.

P.S. Some other decisions that I literally can't fathom--why did they decide to make all shotguns terrible unless aimed? Why can you not retrieve your Axe from dead bodies? And once again, what was it about LMGs that made you think they had to be worse?
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#2d3dsightPosted 11/14/2012 11:57:47 AM(edited)
You can get your axes from dead bodies. It does it for you though, you no longer have to press X, which is nice. You just have to walk over them.
#3delimanPosted 11/14/2012 11:57:53 AM
tl:dr.

but I agree with you that this game has serious problems.

playing defensively is no longer an option. it seems the ONLY way to do well is to make a rush class and use SMGs, which isn't any fun.

I put my copy on craigslist already. Looks like I'll be sticking with Halo for a while...
#4Krazoa2Posted 11/14/2012 11:58:21 AM
Werent you the guy arguing with me, saying this game was gonna be great? LOLOLOLOLOL
#5zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/14/2012 11:59:03 AM
But this game is literally as frustrating as MW3 because it copied the biggest reason MW3 was frustrating--the maps and spawns. This game improves on every other mistake MW3 made, but that's like comparing a broken car with a broken engine and then improving it so it looks spiffy but still has that broken engine.

While I will agree that the maps are rather cluttered and obnoxious, Black Ops spawns were worse than MW3's spawns when the game first came out and currently I think we can all agree that BO has the best spawns in the series.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#6zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/14/2012 11:59:38 AM
Werent you the guy arguing with me, saying this game was gonna be great? LOLOLOLOLOL

Admittedly, this game is one step away from great: Good maps with workable spawns.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#7Shura_SurplicePosted 11/14/2012 11:59:46 AM
Can't blame you TC
#8HowatizerPosted 11/14/2012 12:06:03 PM(edited)
Ok... good for you I guess.

Shouldn't let a game get to you like BO2 clearly has. This is also day 2 after release and what you have learned is you can't play it like you did previous CoDs.

I personally like what they have done and enjoy the frantic, gun based gameplay.
---
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917
#9AstardesPosted 11/14/2012 12:01:57 PM
And to think that the TC was defending this game before it came out
---
"I've been dominating this franchise for over a decade"
-EvalAngell on Call of Duty, an 8 year old series.
#10awyeaPosted 11/14/2012 12:03:21 PM
Try GRFS(and the DLC), it's a very balanced game when it comes to guns and 10x more tactical.

It's a very good game that didn't get the attention it should have. Ranks a lot higher on metacritic and GS in user score than this.

People complained because it's peer to peer, but it's nowhere nearly as bad as this.