This game is MW3, I hate it, didn't enjoy myself once today in 10 matches

#81ZephyrSSXPosted 11/14/2012 5:45:38 PM
And LMG's are trash. They ADS in 2 times the time it takes a hipfired SMG from 20ft away to kill you. Movement speed is garbage so you're UAV fodder. You could use AA but then you have to sacrifice a pistol so you're garbage in CQC. They reload like crap and are insanely reliant on the quickdraw attachment so your variety is far from being spoiled for choice.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
#82SomethingdirtyPosted 11/14/2012 5:57:08 PM(edited)
You are absolutely correct, TC.
Usually I chalk the first couple days past release to unfamiliarity that comes with all new maps, but it seems like there is nothing I can do to prevent myself from constantly being shot from the side/back. This is why my friends and I stopped playing MW3 altogether, as the maps simply had far too much going on, and favored run and gun gameplay over teamwork. Rarely are there defensible positions for us or the opposing force to take up and cover each other (IE teamwork), or even to have a chance to think.

My K/D from the start of each Call of Duty release since CoD4 was easily over 2.40, with BO1 ending up somewhere around 3.40. I could think, there was strategy, and even this was possible without my buddies to guard my back. I am at a medicore 1.50 in this game so far, and the only moments where I can do good seem to be picking up an MP7, chugging a 12 pack of Mtn Dew™, and twitching out at every pathway and corner seem to have effect.
#83aredd007Posted 11/14/2012 5:48:59 PM
CoD is the same crap every year. They could release every game as a DLC but they like ripping people off. Everything is the same except for a few guns and the maps. I could literally think of a new CoD game in 1 hr. Think up some maps and find some new guns.
#84ReDxVaLoOPosted 11/14/2012 6:02:56 PM
Indeed.
---
I'm entirely sure, your entirely sure, what I'm suggesting
#85metalslugsolidPosted 11/14/2012 6:05:36 PM
Of course it's the same old crap!
#86xKYSxPosted 11/14/2012 6:09:17 PM
atleast you have legit reasons to hate the game, I can't even say anything about multiplayer because PSN servers having errors since 1AM during release night. Can't believe I end up getting COD on PS3 and end up getting this problem. very disappointing lol.
#87tadmfpolePosted 11/15/2012 4:48:31 AM
I agree with the topic title 100%, this is MW3 all over. If I didn't know better I would think it was made by the exact same people because it plays and feels identical to MW3. New weapons and perks etc. I know but the core gameplay feels EXACTLY like the game I bought a year ago, and that is not a good thing.

The game feels like hardcore in core mode. I get hit marker after hit marker while my enemy appears on my end to drop me INSTANTLY. Of course the kill cam shows him shooting me several times, but I do not experience it while it is happening, just DEAD. INSTANTLY. No damage, no sound of a weapon being fired at me, BAM. DEAD.

Everything I hated about MW3 is right here, from the latency issues, to map designs, to spawns. Did Treyarch really make this ******* game or did they secretly have the bastardized left over IW team make it? This feels like a MW3 map pack, and nothing like Black Ops.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#88SilverSwiftPosted 11/15/2012 5:43:27 AM
Faust_8 posted...
But this game is literally as frustrating as MW3 because it copied the biggest reason MW3 was frustrating--the maps and spawns. This game improves on every other mistake MW3 made, but that's like comparing a broken car with a broken engine and then improving it so it looks spiffy but still has that broken engine.

The maps are, once again, utterly terrible.

...and the map design heavily favor weapons more suited to close range than LMGs are.

It is SMG city. There are 4+ SMGs on each team (out of 6) in every game. Because why not? Put a Laser Sight on them and they can easily beat the shotguns given the crazy-fast randomness of the maps.

I have to say that I'm hugely disappointed to read this, and you're far from the only one who's mentioned the map issues. I was genuinely looking forward to picking the game up in the hope that Treyarch had decided to ensure that the spawns were fair once again, and diversified the map selection considerably. There are a lot of other nifty features that I was looking forward to trying out.

Can't look past the maps though, after the shambles that was MW3. The maps are the bread and butter of these games, something that company after company fails to realise. And yet, perhaps they do? TC, you mentioned in another post that Treyarch had failed to listen to the community in adjusting the maps and giving more variety, but I have to say that I hadn't seen too many complaints in the past. In fact, the sheer number of times that maps like Firing Range and Dome got voted in indicates that the community actually overwhelmingly favours smaller, CQC maps that encourage SMG/AR abuse. Can't blame them for catering to the base. I figured I was in the minority in preferring larger maps!

For what it's worth, having read around a bit, I won't be purchasing the game. The map problem is too large for me to overlook, but all the best to those who're enjoying it - to each their own, after all.
#89ArgentumVirPosted 11/15/2012 6:16:05 AM
SilverSwift posted...
Faust_8 posted...
But this game is literally as frustrating as MW3 because it copied the biggest reason MW3 was frustrating--the maps and spawns. This game improves on every other mistake MW3 made, but that's like comparing a broken car with a broken engine and then improving it so it looks spiffy but still has that broken engine.

The maps are, once again, utterly terrible.

...and the map design heavily favor weapons more suited to close range than LMGs are.

It is SMG city. There are 4+ SMGs on each team (out of 6) in every game. Because why not? Put a Laser Sight on them and they can easily beat the shotguns given the crazy-fast randomness of the maps.

I have to say that I'm hugely disappointed to read this, and you're far from the only one who's mentioned the map issues. I was genuinely looking forward to picking the game up in the hope that Treyarch had decided to ensure that the spawns were fair once again, and diversified the map selection considerably. There are a lot of other nifty features that I was looking forward to trying out.

Can't look past the maps though, after the shambles that was MW3. The maps are the bread and butter of these games, something that company after company fails to realise. And yet, perhaps they do? TC, you mentioned in another post that Treyarch had failed to listen to the community in adjusting the maps and giving more variety, but I have to say that I hadn't seen too many complaints in the past. In fact, the sheer number of times that maps like Firing Range and Dome got voted in indicates that the community actually overwhelmingly favours smaller, CQC maps that encourage SMG/AR abuse. Can't blame them for catering to the base. I figured I was in the minority in preferring larger maps!

For what it's worth, having read around a bit, I won't be purchasing the game. The map problem is too large for me to overlook, but all the best to those who're enjoying it - to each their own, after all.

Probably the best decision you could make. At least wait until they fix some of the problems (I am not buying a map pack of larger maps). I know I'm going into Gamestop today and getting 40 dollars back. I already know what I'm going to spend it on too.
---
Call me Sterling, or Silva.
I love Rias Gremory.
#90veggie530Posted 11/15/2012 6:56:35 AM
Howatizer posted...
Ok... good for you I guess.

Shouldn't let a game get to you like BO2 clearly has. This is also day 2 after release and what you have learned is you can't play it like you did previous CoDs.

I personally like what they have done and enjoy the frantic, gun based gameplay.

Yeah, love it when everyone goes 15-15 playing like squirrels.