My K/D is abysmal...

#1DyinglegacyPosted 11/15/2012 10:19:45 AM
...(like 0.60ish) but I still enjoy this game, is that odd? I will admit that I was a bit put off by the game the first day that I had it, and I considered taking it back instantly; however, I gave it more of a chance, and even though I SUCK at getting kills I still find it fun. I find that if I don't blame anyone or anything for my deaths other than me, it makes it more bearable because I know it's not the games fault. I am getting a LITTLE better, but not much.

Some dude asked me "how can you laugh with such a low kill score and high deaths?" because I was laughing in the mic lol. I responded by saying something like "I don't know, it just doesn't bother me as much as it does some others. I mean, yeah, it sucks... but oh well." I am decent at objective based matches like "domination." I focus on flag capture and shooting down enemy air support like UAVs. I use the lock on launcher and black hat, so I can take out 4 in one life span :D.

Anyway... Anyone else here with super low k/d still enjoying the game?
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."
#2NinjaDeath911Posted 11/15/2012 10:25:10 AM
Cause kdr means crap outside of TDM

I be more proud of a .86 knowing I'm busting my ass out there capping flags
#3Big_Daddy_TPosted 11/15/2012 10:27:26 AM
NinjaDeath911 posted...

Even though some idiot kid who praises KDR is gonna come in and tell you you're wrong, I agree with you. Im sittin on about .88, but I play objectives while the kiddos kill stuff
---
3DS FC: 3437-4032-0260
Inbox me if you add me so i can add you
#4mithsvPosted 11/15/2012 10:28:58 AM
I'm a casual shooter player - skipped the last couple of CODs but played some of the previous ones as well as various other online shooters on this console generation - and I think I've yet to have a consistent KDR over 1.0 in any of them (I've usually been somewhere between 0.8 and 0.95, I'm currently around the latter in BO2 when I checked this morning).

For every match I do reasonably well in with a positive KDR (I actually managed a 4.65 ratio in a BO2 match yesterday - not sure what the hell happened there :)), I'll play at least one or two where I get absolutely slaughtered by vastly superior players.

That hasn't stopped me from enjoying shooters though. I get enough kills in enough matches that it doesn't feel like a completely wasted effort, and when I play objective based matches or games I do my best to be useful on the objectives, even if that tends to have a worse effect on my KDR than Team Death Match.
#5chicken8orPosted 11/15/2012 10:29:15 AM
I love you for playing the objective. I constantly end matches of domination with 6 captures or more when my teammates only have maybe 2.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#6Hucast9Posted 11/15/2012 10:30:21 AM
NinjaDeath911 posted...

This man right here is right about k/d ratio and it being meaningless outside of tdm. Also, low kill amount plus k/d ratio is also meaningless. You can not compare someone with 60,000 kills and a 1.80 k/d ratio to someone with 1,000 kills and a 1.80 k/d ratio.
#7Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 10:30:40 AM
I have literally watched other players just run on past a flag and not worry about capping it. I stop and cap it, and then wonder why my teammate just ran on past it. Is skipping over objectives some sort of tactical strategy? Serious question...
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."
#8Zegma310Posted 11/15/2012 10:31:54 AM
chicken8or posted...
I love you for playing the objective. I constantly end matches of domination with 6 captures or more when my teammates only have maybe 2.

I remember back in the early days of MW2 I got 12 flag captures in one match while the rest of my team got 3 altogether...
---
Nickles is money too, come on guys...
#9chicken8orPosted 11/15/2012 10:36:50 AM
Dyinglegacy posted...
I have literally watched other players just run on past a flag and not worry about capping it. I stop and cap it, and then wonder why my teammate just ran on past it. Is skipping over objectives some sort of tactical strategy? Serious question...

Sometimes, yes. There are times when I'll bypass a flag so that I can catch people off guard. If they hear that flag C is being capped then they'll turn around. I still go back to it though after getting the kills.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#10NinjaDeath911Posted 11/15/2012 10:37:52 AM
Zegma310 posted...
chicken8or posted...

I remember back in the early days of MW2 I got 12 flag captures in one match while the rest of my team got 3 altogether...

See that's why I love treyarch games, end of game stats are not about your kdr outside of team death match
Yeah you may have went 35-6
But the dude who went 14-7 is sitting pretty up top with his 9 captures, blowing your score out the water

Bombs planted
Flags captured
Flags defended....IW was so lazy they couldn't even code it into MW3