My K/D is abysmal...

#11edmcdonaldPosted 11/15/2012 10:37:54 AM
I would play more objective games if everyone else was playing the same game.
---
There's a creep in the cellar that I'm gonna let in
There's a hole in his brain where his mind should've been
#12NinjaDeath911Posted 11/15/2012 10:39:41 AM
chicken8or posted...
Dyinglegacy posted...
I have literally watched other players just run on past a flag and not worry about capping it. I stop and cap it, and then wonder why my teammate just ran on past it. Is skipping over objectives some sort of tactical strategy? Serious question...

Sometimes, yes. There are times when I'll bypass a flag so that I can catch people off guard. If they hear that flag C is being capped then they'll turn around. I still go back to it though after getting the kills.

So instead of speeding up the capture time for your team mate, you rather pad your kdr

Just play tdm bro
#13FlashpointJ24Posted 11/15/2012 10:53:33 AM
I averaged a .34 KDR in BO and MW3 (currently .66 in BO2, no idea how) and still have a blast. As long as it's hectic frantic action, I have a great time. I know I'll likely lose in a head-to-head fight, so I try to spend a lot of time helping to capture Domination points, shooting down UAVs and other streak rewards(which I hardly ever see anyone else do), and grabbing Kill Confirmed dogtags after big fights. I just don't have the time to put in to get better, so I make the most of what I can do. As long as I'm having fun, I really couldn't care less about KDR--or win percentage, for that matter.
---
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
GT: Flashpoint J35
#14Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 11:18:33 AM
FlashpointJ24 posted...
I averaged a .34 KDR in BO and MW3 (currently .66 in BO2, no idea how) and still have a blast. As long as it's hectic frantic action, I have a great time. I know I'll likely lose in a head-to-head fight, so I try to spend a lot of time helping to capture Domination points, shooting down UAVs and other streak rewards(which I hardly ever see anyone else do), and grabbing Kill Confirmed dogtags after big fights. I just don't have the time to put in to get better, so I make the most of what I can do. As long as I'm having fun, I really couldn't care less about KDR--or win percentage, for that matter.

This x100. I cannot win head gun battles to save my life. It frustrates me, so I just go and cap stuff. I know that I annoy people by destroying their streaks :P.
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."
#15ronXwhitePosted 11/15/2012 11:25:54 AM
Around 75% of my kills are from my DSR rifle quickscoping and running around the maps like an idiot and I'm having an absolute blast with my .80 kd. I take pride in knowing I can sit back and pull 2:1 every game if I want to, but that's just not fun for me. Love the game so far though.
---
[RS]Mikestasi - RedScreen yeye
http://www.youtube.com/user/ronXwhite
#16wolverine4545Posted 11/15/2012 11:37:43 AM
Although I strive to improve my K/D it doesnt mean much more than other things outside of TDM. If you are 0.6 playing strictly TDM, then I would try something different. In other games modes, being able to camp and defend A might cater to your skill level more than running around trying to kill people. I have many friends who are below the 1 K/D level and we still have plenty of fun in objective based games.
---
GT: Payne0511
#17DjSparx162Posted 11/15/2012 11:42:58 AM
0.7KD over here, not finished a hardpoint game with less than 8 caps and 7 defends, my best one was about an hour ago, 8 caps 11 defends and i went 19-9 or something like that, sitting top of the board with 5000 points, while the guys below me had like 1 cap and the guy at the bottom, 0 caps 0 defends, 33 kills 2 deaths chilling with 1800 score. even on the games i go negative i'm always top 5
#18chicken8orPosted 11/15/2012 12:03:06 PM
NinjaDeath911 posted...
chicken8or posted...
Dyinglegacy posted...
I have literally watched other players just run on past a flag and not worry about capping it. I stop and cap it, and then wonder why my teammate just ran on past it. Is skipping over objectives some sort of tactical strategy? Serious question...

Sometimes, yes. There are times when I'll bypass a flag so that I can catch people off guard. If they hear that flag C is being capped then they'll turn around. I still go back to it though after getting the kills.

So instead of speeding up the capture time for your team mate, you rather pad your kdr

Just play tdm bro

You misunderstand. Nobody else is capping the flag, so I'm not altering the capture time. I'm clearing the area for a free flag.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#19kirbyparufoPosted 11/15/2012 12:10:05 PM
My KD is .485 and I still manage to have fun. >_>
---
I stink at video games. :D
#20MathusRaynPosted 11/15/2012 12:17:03 PM
While I don't care about others' kdr, I do like to keep mine up. However, I do prioritize the objective.
---
How I picture most of you:
http://imgur.com/V1qpP