All the badkids are crying because for once

#51ElGadoPosted 11/16/2012 6:54:08 AM
littlecletus posted...
I bought this game yesterday at lunch and then read the board while still at work before I could go home and play.
And I saw multiple topics yesterday from the hardcore players whining that the game was too easy because of SMGs and the "badkids" could run around mindlessly with an SMG and kill everything with no skill at all.
Then today I see this post claiming the "badkids" are mad because this game takes skill to be good at.

So which is it?

Which do you think?
#52littlecletusPosted 11/16/2012 6:59:23 AM
ElGado posted...
littlecletus posted...
I bought this game yesterday at lunch and then read the board while still at work before I could go home and play.
And I saw multiple topics yesterday from the hardcore players whining that the game was too easy because of SMGs and the "badkids" could run around mindlessly with an SMG and kill everything with no skill at all.
Then today I see this post claiming the "badkids" are mad because this game takes skill to be good at.

So which is it?

Which do you think?

Well I played quite a bit last night and did not have any problems with people running mindlessly around the map killing everyone with an SMG....so that is out.
And I myself am pretty bad at CoD games, but I have a ton of fun playing some of them. I never had and probably never will have a positive KDR, but I actually did pretty good last night. I actually might not have dug a whole so deep during my first couple sessions that I won't be able to dig myself out of. And I finished in the top 3 quite a few times. So do you really need skill? Maybe a little.

So I don't think its either.
I think the "goodkids"...is that what they are called, as opposed to "badkids"....will whine about anything as long as they are sure to let you know how awesome they are.
---
Havin' a tea Partay drinkin' mah Teeea!
#53atomsteelePosted 11/16/2012 7:07:12 AM(edited)
Neither Halo nor Cod require any amount of skill. it always boils down to knowing the map and getting that first cheap grenade toss. Then racing to the "best" hiding spot or weapon spawn. Then just drop shot or jump shot the crap out of everything. The way the server is running on COD any kill you get is pure luck. Its a joke to talk about skill in these games when both of them break down to the equivalent of spamming footsweep.
#54Zmapper33Posted 11/16/2012 7:08:08 AM
If someone isn't using a silencer, ghost, and cold blooded to stay totally hidden then they're noobs because they don't understand the importance of positioning and not revealing it. Seeing as 95% of all matches UAV works on entire teams shows just how stupid the playerbase is. The maps and spawns are better on BO2 which makes the running around crazy thing not work as well. This is definitely the best COD and the most skill oriented one. There really aren't any spawning behind people you have to earn flank kills.
#55RyakknPosted 11/16/2012 8:03:22 AM
Zmapper33 posted...
There really aren't any spawning behind people you have to earn flank kills.

Just speaking from personal experience: I played two matches on BO2, and I was shot in the back after spawning multiple times. Also, after one of those deaths, I spawned literally 10 feet behind the guy that just killed me. That was all I needed to see to know that the game, in my opinion, still has terrible multiplayer at the moment.
#56olmansilverpantPosted 11/16/2012 8:09:52 AM
Lol @ WTFNightmare, y you lie about your level in Halo bro? 150k XP cap per day= your not a 130. Mathematically impossible, nice try though
---
Hulk using X-Factor is like Hulk smoking PCP. There is no stopping him after that.
XBL GT: LHR Kev Mac
#57mr_mike_petersPosted 11/16/2012 8:25:31 AM
Zmapper33 posted...
If someone isn't using a silencer, ghost, and cold blooded to stay totally hidden then they're noobs because they don't understand the importance of positioning and not revealing it. Seeing as 95% of all matches UAV works on entire teams shows just how stupid the playerbase is. The maps and spawns are better on BO2 which makes the running around crazy thing not work as well. This is definitely the best COD and the most skill oriented one. There really aren't any spawning behind people you have to earn flank kills.

Everyone's a noob. The game just came out 3 days ago...

To your point, I always use Cold Blooded on every custom class, but I am increasingly finding out that it doesn't take away the red cross hairs for all scopes. Since few people get high kill streaks in this game, I'm not yet convinced it's a "must have" perk the way it was in the past.

The way it is now, Ghost is a useless perk in this game regardless of your playstyle. It probably makes more sense to not use a 3rd perk and instead get a launcher so you can add to points shooting down the UAVs.

In terms of skill, it depends on what you mean. In past CODs, I measured my skill on stealth and shooting capabilities. With stealthy play rendered more or less obsolete in BOII, I think of this game as more akin to playing Nuketown over and over again in BOI. In other words, it's fun to run around and kill stuff, but it's not the complete military shooter experience prior CODs' TDMs were, despite their flaws.
#58ElGadoPosted 11/16/2012 1:32:24 PM
Bump for the badkids.
#59imran_666Posted 11/16/2012 1:33:52 PM
join a game then Set off a torrent downloading/uploading prepare to beast everyone lol.
#60WTFNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:23:17 PM
Devslashx posted...
Wampus69 posted...
jakeaudritt posted...
Wampus69 posted...
Ya halo 4 takes skill seriously? lol baddies, this game is easily the hardest to play out of any halo or cod. Im alrdy level 130 on halo 4 with a KD over 4.0 its mindbottling easy, i just run around with the DMR and spray 3x and kill everyone in site. Now this game on the other hand takes skill, need to find that good spot in the map with my SMG and gotta get my drop shot finger rdy while on the right trigger.

Impossible, the level cap is 70 in H4 which is set to be raised on the 20th.

The DMR is also a 4 shot weapon.

Sooo I think someone might be lying....

Wrong, if you got the LE halo you can get to level 130, and if you got damage boost the DMR is 3 shot weapon, i think someone doesnt know crap about halo.

The XP cap prevents anyone from currently being level 130 online without modding or circumventing the XP cap. You also don't run around with a permanent damage boost and rarely have it so claiming 3 hit kills as the norm is ridiculous.

You also have 3,777 kills and 2,762 deaths on H4, that's far from a 4 KDR

You can bypass xp cap by changing time zone. ez pz
---
I'll teach you fear..