Just had the perfect example of the issues with this game.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Just had the perfect example of the issues with this game.
3 years ago#1
I was sniping around in a free for all, just to try it out, you know the deal. There was a player named D12 something, not sure exactly. He was a damn good player, knew what he was doing, went around with a vector and was killing plenty of people. I noticed he had a 3 bar and decided to check to see if I could pick up any lag comp issues. I'd been having less today but I couldn't figure out if it was just that I was on the good end.

I see him kill someone, and know he doesn't have a UAV up. Been checking all game. I figure he's going to come up the stairs in one of the buildings in cargo and take out the PDW I picked up as a secondary. He comes sprinting around the corner, I shoot before he comes out of the sprint, don't miss a shot, and I die. As I was dying, on my screen, I see him coming out of the sprint animation. He'd killed me before he'd even stopped sprinting on my screen. On the killcam, I basically just sat there for a half second and watched him shoot me before some bullets came out at the end.

Unplayable.

TL;DR: Guy kills me despite A. being in sprinting animation and B. Me shooting first and not missing a shot.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
3 years ago#2
Pretty much. Start torrenting while you play, bam the game is now easy.
3 years ago#3
Push X on the search screen & set your preference to best if you haven't yet.
Lag happens regardless.
It is to be expected this early.
3 years ago#4
Q27 posted...
Push X on the search screen & set your preference to best if you haven't yet.
Lag happens regardless.
It is to be expected this early.

This ISN'T Lag. Lag is a different beast. This is masking the inevitability of all games having some degree of lag by putting players on worse connections ahead of players with better connections, to some degree. This is a built-in game system. It's not going away.
---
3 years ago#5
BTzz posted...
I was sniping around in a free for all, just to try it out, you know the deal. There was a player named D12 something, not sure exactly. He was a damn good player, knew what he was doing, went around with a vector and was killing plenty of people. I noticed he had a 3 bar and decided to check to see if I could pick up any lag comp issues. I'd been having less today but I couldn't figure out if it was just that I was on the good end.

I see him kill someone, and know he doesn't have a UAV up. Been checking all game. I figure he's going to come up the stairs in one of the buildings in cargo and take out the PDW I picked up as a secondary. He comes sprinting around the corner, I shoot before he comes out of the sprint, don't miss a shot, and I die. As I was dying, on my screen, I see him coming out of the sprint animation. He'd killed me before he'd even stopped sprinting on my screen. On the killcam, I basically just sat there for a half second and watched him shoot me before some bullets came out at the end.

Unplayable.

TL;DR: Guy kills me despite A. being in sprinting animation and B. Me shooting first and not missing a shot.

Perfect explanation!
3 years ago#6
These games always have horrible lag issues, though. I would much rather address the maps.

Pre MW3 maps where map control, positioning, and awareness actually mattered. Now it's all about camping long enough behind one of the billions of head glitch barrels around every corner, or rushing and trying to beat everyone else's connection in a gun fight.
3 years ago#7
BTzz posted...

Unplayable.

While I won't go so far as to say unplayable I do agree with your sentiment.

I have never had an issue with MW1, MW2 or Black Ops. When everyone was screaming about connection issues with Black Ops I was always the guy saying "I dont' have any problems".

Then with MW3 it started. I was suddenly a half second or so behind players and it really messed with the game enjoyment for me.

Now with Black Ops 2, which is part 2 of one of my all time favorite games, I have the same issue as MW3, if not worse. I've tried it on normal, any and best and I always find the same thing.

Its funny that when its at its worse, shot by a guy who hadn't even came into a room yet even though he was four steps in on the kill cam, and I quit out there is always a host migration. So, I figure it gets worse when I'm host(which seems to be every 4th game or so) which was a problem I had in MW3.

Most everything else about the game I love(ok snipers shouldn't be able to shoot like an automatic), but the connection issues may sour me on it quicker than MW3.
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
3 years ago#8
BipBapBam posted...
These games always have horrible lag issues, though. I would much rather address the maps.

Pre MW3 maps where map control, positioning, and awareness actually mattered. Now it's all about camping long enough behind one of the billions of head glitch barrels around every corner, or rushing and trying to beat everyone else's connection in a gun fight.

That's what I felt COD4 was always like though.

This is more than a lag issue, because this was a choice by the developers. We had lag before, in COD4-Black Ops. It was irritating, but artificially trying to fix it like just ruins any aspect of fair play at all. 95% of gunfights are determined by whoever has the lag comp advantage. The most awesome moments I had in Black Ops were trying to outgun people in head to head fights, it's frustrating to think COD may never have that again.
---
3 years ago#9
is it at all possible for them to patch this bs ?

i need an answer, because if not, this game is being traded for something that works.
3 years ago#10
You lost because you waited for him to round the corner. I made a topic about this last night, in which I linked to another topic where we had a discussion about how to get on the positive end of this phenomenon.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/64641622

Isn't that dumb as all hell? Superior positioning and anticipation doesn't mean ****, since whoever rounds the corner gets enough of an advantage to win.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Just had the perfect example of the issues with this game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived