Is it time for the COD franchise to get a new engine?

#11SixStringSamuai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:02:16 PM
Bump.
---
I'm working on this screenplay for a movie, it's called Schindler's List 2: Let's get this party started.
#12RikiazPosted 11/17/2012 1:12:57 PM
As long as it keeps the 60 FPS I could care less.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#13NejiHyuga900Posted 11/17/2012 1:30:27 PM
"I want a new engine, but I'm afraid it will change things for the worse."
Although I do like the current engine a lot, I don't want it to change. But if the current game engine were to be modified, I just hope that they don't heavily change it.

Next year, Sledgehammer Games will be releasing their second CoD game (first being MW3, co-developed with Infinity Ward) and I heard that they were going to be making a Third-person Call of Duty game unless if it is just a rumor.

I do predict that there may be a new engine or the old engine heavily modified by the time a CoD game will be released for the next Xbox/PS consoles.
---
I am the Thunder Dragon!
Xbox 360 Gamertag: TDPNeji
#14SixStringSamuai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 10:14:30 PM
Ive never heard of anything on a 3rd person COD game.
---
I'm working on this screenplay for a movie, it's called Schindler's List 2: Let's get this party started.
#15SixStringSamuai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 7:29:50 PM
Cordis Die!
---
#16hk7111Posted 11/18/2012 7:38:59 PM
Considering that the 360 and PS3 have Hardware of that of a mid end 2007 PC, I would say lets not fix what aint broken and keep with the 60FPS. Being a Mainly PC gamer i have to say that the 30FPS most 360 games get is just bleh, On PC 30FPS is considered Playable but just barely anything under that and you start getting stuttering, Where as a stable 60 FPS is preferred, Because if it drops for a few seconds to say 45 or so FPS the difference isnt as dramatic as 30Fps to 15. I noticed while playing MoH:Warfighter that every now and then there was a noticeable stutter for about a quarter/half a second.

Maybe on Next Gen Consoles where they finally get Decent Hardware (That unfortunately will be outdated a few years later) we can get a new engine.

tl;dr 60fps > 30Fps, Current Console hardware sucks.
---
By the time you read this its too late to stop.