Literally the worst 360 game I've ever played.

#11dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 4:04:11 AM
Ausgill posted...
Duke Nukem Forever.

Didn't play it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12fffezPosted 11/17/2012 4:05:49 AM
Yeah dude.It's why I jumped off so quickly earlier. It just got to me within 30 minutes. I was like how the f***, with all these people playing, can the game not put me in a lobby with even connections?

Tryearch had 12 months to make sure this didn't happen. They saw the backlash from MW3 and still dropped the ball.

I was as shocked to see Lag Comp in Blops 2 as I was to see death streaks come back to MW3. It's like, really? You're seriously going to do that?

It mind numbing.

funny thing is, he just hopped off, and i just played a ground war game by myself and did pretty well (pretty well for me anyways, since i'm all kinds of terrible). was able to get my fal to max level. now i don't know whether i should prestige it or not
---
gt: fezticless
#13vigorm0rtisPosted 11/17/2012 4:09:18 AM
On topic, that's too bad, dueric. You're a boon to the boards, one of the rare sane ones, but if it's pissing you off that much, I'd lay off, at least for a while. I will say that, strangely enough, I've been having the opposite experience-- I was doing ok (that's all I ever do) at home with my slick connection and ideal ping, but I'm having a bear of a time now that I'm at the cabin and mooching off my neighbor's wireless.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#14dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 4:10:04 AM
fffez posted...
Yeah dude.It's why I jumped off so quickly earlier. It just got to me within 30 minutes. I was like how the f***, with all these people playing, can the game not put me in a lobby with even connections?

Tryearch had 12 months to make sure this didn't happen. They saw the backlash from MW3 and still dropped the ball.

I was as shocked to see Lag Comp in Blops 2 as I was to see death streaks come back to MW3. It's like, really? You're seriously going to do that?

It mind numbing.

funny thing is, he just hopped off, and i just played a ground war game by myself and did pretty well (pretty well for me anyways, since i'm all kinds of terrible). was able to get my fal to max level. now i don't know whether i should prestige it or not

I'm at level 54 right now and I'll be shocked enough if I get to 55, let alone prestige. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#15Disflex6Posted 11/17/2012 4:13:15 AM
Blaziken666 posted...
I'll assume you've never played Brink and Sonic 06.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty also says hello.

I bought all three of those games :'(
---
www.youtube.com/Y2KFrosty
XBL: Y2K Frosty
#16MegaTape13Posted 11/17/2012 4:17:47 AM
dueric posted...
Not bad at all. When I'm not host or I play on a 3 bar, I'm awesome. Unfortunately, I pull host almost every f****** game. How can having a good connection be so punishing?

It's all backwards. I'm all for leveling the connection field, but this is a joke.

Dude, that crap hit me with full force today and I can now truly appreciate your frustration. I was raging pretty hard at how hopeless head-to-head fights were, even when I fired first and was well on-target. The game I hosted was probably the worst of them all lag wise. And that's not to mention all of the dropped games and regular 30 second chunks with everyone in the lobby 1-barred and skipping around. WTF...

I'd wager that 2/3 of my losses have been due to the lobby just falling apart.

fffez posted...

You bastard :(
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#17fffezPosted 11/17/2012 4:18:20 AM
I'm at level 54 right now and I'll be shocked enough if I get to 55, let alone prestige. LOL

I'm at 41 and it's been pretty fun. tonight was probably the worst lag/lag comp i've experienced(and it was really f***ing bad), but all in all it's been fairly acceptable. i wish i had more time to play
---
#18dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 4:19:22 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
On topic, that's too bad, dueric. You're a boon to the boards, one of the rare sane ones, but if it's pissing you off that much, I'd lay off, at least for a while. I will say that, strangely enough, I've been having the opposite experience-- I was doing ok (that's all I ever do) at home with my slick connection and ideal ping, but I'm having a bear of a time now that I'm at the cabin and mooching off my neighbor's wireless.

Thing is, I'm having fun most of the time. I like the game from a design standpoint and love fartin' around with the class setups and killstreaks and all that s***.

But this game is just so blatantly off where it matters most. I feel like a total chump for playing it because it's either really good, or just downright awful.

For me, the awful is worse than the good is rewarding. It used to be the other way around until MW3.

I just don't feel like dealing with that headache anymore. Games are supposed to be fun, not frustrating for reasons outside challenge.
---
#19fffezPosted 11/17/2012 4:22:21 AM(edited)
Dude, that crap hit me with full force today and I can now truly appreciate your frustration. I was raging pretty hard at how hopeless head-to-head fights were, even when I fired first and was well on-target. The game I hosted was probably the worst of them all lag wise. And that's not to mention all of the dropped games and regular 30 second chunks with everyone in the lobby 1-barred and skipping around. WTF...

this part of your post is negated simply because YOU were host in (i'm assuming, well i know at least one of them for sure) all those games
---
#20MadeInThe215Posted 11/17/2012 4:21:05 AM
Blaziken666 posted...
I'll assume you've never played Brink and Sonic 06.

*shudders*
---
XBL: NorthPhillyNYCE
Now Playing: Resident Evil 6, NBA 2K13, Borderlands 2, Darksiders 2, DOA5 & Sleeping Dogs