Literally the worst 360 game I've ever played.

#61seankimberley42Posted 11/17/2012 9:48:31 AM
Lol hit "markets". I'm picturing a mall full of agent 47s on sale
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#62fffezPosted 11/17/2012 10:02:17 AM
Still don't see what the big fuss is over "lag."

I haven't had any problems.

guy is confirmed to have s***ty internet
---
gt: fezticless
#63dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 2:57:32 PM
Allow me to clarify my comments for those not inclined to read passed the title.

After MW3, it's getting increasingly difficult to invest time in a game that for all intents and purposes, isn't fair more than half the time simply because I have decent internet.

I can deal with an occasional bad connection. It's an online game after all. But when it happens so regularly and you know it's intentionally implemented, it just sours the whole freakin' thing.

The real problem is, this issue negates good games. I'm not naive enough to think that when I do well everything is cool. It's just not as satisfying to get Dogs or Vtols in this game when you know it's only because nobody can hit you.

Dealing with other players is rough enough. I don't need the game to f**k with me too. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#64Zero IXPosted 11/17/2012 3:00:11 PM
/doesn't read topic

dueric, did you set your matchmaking preferences to "Best?" I was getting **** nonstop until I did. Game was borderline unplayable before I did that.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#65beerhammer1Posted 11/17/2012 3:02:15 PM
The game itself isn't bad- but I don't know if it's bad hit detection, lag, netcode or what, but I constantly get lobbies where people are skipping across the map and then I get the whole "put half a clip into someone and they shoot me once and kill me" (HTDM) For me this is one of the most annoying Cod's ever. IMO MW3 was way more fun to play simply because of this problem.

Oh, and I pay almost $100 a month to "Comcrap" for 50mb of internet so it's not a matter of me using cheap internet.
#66bong2004Posted 11/17/2012 3:03:12 PM
I know what you mean. I barely touched MW3 because of the netcode, now they've carried it forward. It's just frustrating. In CoD4, MW2 and BO1 I used to do pretty well in head-to-head gunfights, and had a 2-3KDR in those games. But in this I just can't kill anyone, unless it's massively in my advantage. (flank, etc). It's so frustrating. And I can't even leave laggy servers due to this terrible punishment for leaving bad lobbies.

Ech.

/rant
---
Gamertag: Sphyxx
:3
#67dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 3:08:28 PM
Zero IX posted...
/doesn't read topic

dueric, did you set your matchmaking preferences to "Best?" I was getting **** nonstop until I did. Game was borderline unplayable before I did that.

I addressed this earlier.

"Best" is actually the worst for me because what this game thinks is best, isn't better than my connection. So I almost always end up stealing host immediately when I play on best.

Host is a curse, rather than a blessing in this game. Nobody gets hit by the lag comp more than the host.

Besides, choosing "best" only means what type of connection YOU will connect to. Not the other players. All it takes is one relatively slow connection to join, and it breaks the entire idea of best right there.

When lag comp is used to such a degree, none of the search preferences really matter in the long run. If we were on a basic host system with little to no doctoring? It would be the bomb just as in Blops.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#68dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 3:12:36 PM
bong2004 posted...
I know what you mean. I barely touched MW3 because of the netcode, now they've carried it forward. It's just frustrating. In CoD4, MW2 and BO1 I used to do pretty well in head-to-head gunfights, and had a 2-3KDR in those games. But in this I just can't kill anyone, unless it's massively in my advantage. (flank, etc). It's so frustrating. And I can't even leave laggy servers due to this terrible punishment for leaving bad lobbies.

Ech.

/rant

Nah. You can leave without penalty, you just can't dashboard.

That is, if you don't mind completely scraping your WL. Every time you leave you take a loss, regardless of whether the game is a join in progress or a fresh start.

I never put much into stats, so it doesn't bother me. Especially because we can rest them any time we want anyway.
---
#69Robot_SoopaPosted 11/17/2012 3:13:02 PM
See you next year.
#70Lunacy182Posted 11/17/2012 3:13:47 PM
Quote:See you next year.
@Robot_Soopa

Ain't that the truth.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz