Literally the worst 360 game I've ever played.

#81PositronCannonPosted 11/17/2012 5:06:13 PM(edited)
I wouldn't say worst, since it has more than strictly multiplayer, but yeah, that aspect is indeed beyond atrocious. Made way worse by the fact that the actual game isn't bad at all and has some great ideas, but when you **** up the base mechanics like that... it all becomes meaningless.

I don't even have a great connection, always get 3 bars in every game, but that only put me at a slight disadvantage in games before MW3, which I could just compensate with skill and smart play. But here, where you'd think I'd have a helping hand because of my not-so-great connection, I get absolutely destroyed by everyone and everything.

I pretty much figured it'd happen, given Treyarch's track record when it comes to using IW's netcode, so I got the game for the single player and "Combat Training" (which now doesn't really exist as a mode but custom match or local with bots is essentially the same thing). Still, it's a real shame. But I just cannot play the multiplayer in this. I raged more in half an hour of it than in the past few months of Black Ops and Battlefield 3, whch aren't exactly free of lag BS themselves.
#82inblackest73Posted 11/17/2012 5:04:41 PM
Get a better connection, no lag here at all.
Amazing game.
#83dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 5:07:43 PM
PositronCannon posted...
I wouldn't say worst, since it has more than strictly multiplayer, but yeah, that aspect is indeed beyond atrocious. Made way worse by the fact that the actual game isn't bad at all and has some great ideas, but when you **** up the base mechanics like that... it all becomes meaningless.

I don't even have a great connection, always get 3 bars in every game, but that only put me at a slight disadvantage in games before MW3, which I could just compensate with skill and smart play. But here, where you'd think I'd have a helping hand because of my not-so-great connection, I get absolutely destroyed by everyone and everything.

Yeah. Campaign is always a good thing for me. I dig COD's style.

Ultimately though, I buy the game for multiplayer.

The campaign, while good, doesn't make me feel like I got my money's worth.

And not much of a Zombies guy. I beat that horse down in Gears horde mode.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#84PositronCannonPosted 11/17/2012 5:15:56 PM
Yeah. Campaign is always a good thing for me. I dig COD's style.

Ultimately though, I buy the game for multiplayer.

The campaign, while good, doesn't make me feel like I got my money's worth.

And not much of a Zombies guy. I beat that horse down in Gears horde mode.

Agreed, the campaign would only be worth a rent for me (especially with new games being the equivalent of $90 over here). I got a lot of gameplay out of Combat Training in BO1, though, so I still decided to get this even though I expected the multiplayer to be terrible. Hell, if MW3 had such a mode I wouldn't have sold it a month after buying it. Survival just didn't cut it for me, the same way Zombies doesn't.
#85spikethedevilPosted 11/18/2012 5:22:11 AM
Wow when did single player become an afterthought? ****ing hell in my day multiplayer was an added bonus and not the reason to buy the damn game, my god we are in a bad way
---
A garbage pod!? Its a smegging garbage pod!
#86unceramoniusPosted 11/18/2012 5:56:10 AM
Spike for other games..ie assassin creeds, etc you would be 100% correct

COD however is ALL about the multi. A campaign you can finish in the morning boefre lunch is not worth a buy. Why would it?

That said, lag comp has ruined cod for life.....sadly it is catered to kids who see no problem with it.
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!