MW2 had the best gun balance.

#31SonyHoundDawgPosted 11/20/2012 11:10:47 AM
RandomTramp posted...
I agree. Best guns, best gun balance (all deadly) and best hit detection.

The issues with MW2 were caused by bad perks.

Mostly agree, but MW2 definatly had the best hit detection. In that game you could take out 3 or 4 people if you were good and fast. In Blops if you come across 2 people, half the time you might take out and the other will get you.
#32shadowsofdawnPosted 11/20/2012 11:14:59 AM
MW2 has some slight imbalances (UMP was so good it didn't need stopping power), but more or less I agree.

But dat commando lunge.

And dem unlimited exposives and car-sized blast radius.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#33DutchZombiePosted 11/20/2012 11:16:44 AM
zeppo_basic posted...
No CoD has ever had great gun balance to be honest, there have always been broken weapons in every game. SMGs in particular have always been kind of broken, the MP5 was beastly in 4, WaW was ruled by the MP40, UMP in MW2, take your pick in BO1 but mostly Kiparis, and again take your pick in MW3 but typically MP7. The trick is they changed the way guns are balanced in this one significantly, you have to think outside the box. There are no more dedicated semi and burst ARs anymore really, with select-fire every AR can be a precision or a full-auto weapon. Snipers are one-hit kills now for the most part, so they are more powerful than ever really. Add on to this the iron sights on the second bolt-action rifle (don't recall it's name, sorry), which you will see people start rolling once they figure it out, and snipers are actually really beastly. And really, don't discount the LMGs people, they tear people apart without rapid fire and are actually a lot more accurate than one may think. It feels unbalanced in this game simply because people are flocking straight to the SMGs and ignoring everything else, and they are pretty noobish weapons but that will change. People will open up more to other weapons I think, plus I expect a nerf to at least the MP7, they nerfed the AK74U in BO1 after all...

Did you even play these games? The MP5 in COD4 was a pretty average SMG. The AK-74U was more powerful. The only reason people used it is because it shared ammo with the M9 and was fairly accurate. The UMP45 in MW2 was probably the worst SMG of the bunch.
#34Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/20/2012 11:19:01 AM
BO2 still doesn't have an official best weapon yet. BO2 may perhaps rival MW2's weapon balance. We'll see in a month or two for sure

We all know that the...

PDW
MSMC
M8
FAL
AN-94

and

The EVA Scorpian are amazing guns thus far
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#35ShadowElite86Posted 11/20/2012 11:19:03 AM
MW2 was hell on earth with 98% of noob tubes flying around and insane kill streaks every 5 seconds.
#36chessmyantidrugPosted 11/20/2012 11:19:48 AM
ragefan187 posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...
Modern Warfare 2 probably had the worst gun balance out of any Call of Duty title to date.

how so ?

The UMP45 outclassed most guns at every range and was available from the beginning. That, in itself, is unbalanced.
#37Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/20/2012 11:20:37 AM
DutchZombie posted...
zeppo_basic posted...
No CoD has ever had great gun balance to be honest, there have always been broken weapons in every game. SMGs in particular have always been kind of broken, the MP5 was beastly in 4, WaW was ruled by the MP40, UMP in MW2, take your pick in BO1 but mostly Kiparis, and again take your pick in MW3 but typically MP7. The trick is they changed the way guns are balanced in this one significantly, you have to think outside the box. There are no more dedicated semi and burst ARs anymore really, with select-fire every AR can be a precision or a full-auto weapon. Snipers are one-hit kills now for the most part, so they are more powerful than ever really. Add on to this the iron sights on the second bolt-action rifle (don't recall it's name, sorry), which you will see people start rolling once they figure it out, and snipers are actually really beastly. And really, don't discount the LMGs people, they tear people apart without rapid fire and are actually a lot more accurate than one may think. It feels unbalanced in this game simply because people are flocking straight to the SMGs and ignoring everything else, and they are pretty noobish weapons but that will change. People will open up more to other weapons I think, plus I expect a nerf to at least the MP7, they nerfed the AK74U in BO1 after all...

Did you even play these games? The MP5 in COD4 was a pretty average SMG. The AK-74U was more powerful. The only reason people used it is because it shared ammo with the M9 and was fairly accurate. The UMP45 in MW2 was probably the worst SMG of the bunch.

Uhhh, wrong, buddarino

The AK74U had an AR hipfire hipfire, it had way more spread that wasn't smg properties
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#38JJroootPosted 11/20/2012 2:55:53 PM
Good times going 37-0 with the Tactical Knife.

Seriously....well with some help of my kill streaks.
---
If alcohol is a crutch, Jack Daniels is a wheelchair
Xbox Live GT: Saynt614
#39JJroootPosted 11/20/2012 2:57:15 PM
Also... how is anything OP if ANYONE can use it?
---
If alcohol is a crutch, Jack Daniels is a wheelchair
Xbox Live GT: Saynt614
#40fatclemenzaPosted 11/20/2012 2:57:22 PM
The AK74U had an AR hipfire hipfire, it had way more spread that wasn't smg properties

Only when given a RDS or Silencer
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone