The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

You don't realize how bad the lag comp is until you've had Ghost on for hours.

#1Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 11/17/2012 12:04:00 PM
Spent my first Prestige Token on Ghost and been using it every since with a silenced weapon. Almost going to Prestige again.

It's actually ridiculous how bad the lag comp is when you realize it. I thought that there would be some deaths without Ghost where the enemy had a UAV up so he had the upper hand in the gunfight and knew where I was / would be coming from. I was dead wrong. Even with Ghost on, the lag comp still destroys me. I apparently didn't shoot that enemy or I apparently didn't turn the corner yet.
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#2BaseballtitanPosted 11/17/2012 12:04:48 PM
Do you even have any idea what lag comp is? It has nothing to do with the perk ghost .
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#3fatclemenzaPosted 11/17/2012 12:05:44 PM
All Ghost really does for you is allows to shoot more people in the back, which doesn't give the lag comp a chance to screw you (most of the time...). Head-to-head battles are still a tossup.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#4DerwoodPosted 11/17/2012 12:06:50 PM
Baseballtitan posted...
Do you even have any idea what lag comp is? It has nothing to do with the perk ghost .

You totally missed his point.

He's saying that people don't know where he is now but he still dies because they're physically seeing them before he sees them (due to lag)
---
PSN: ZipCity
Gamertag: LightSetDesign
#5Erupt50Posted 11/17/2012 12:07:25 PM
Baseballtitan posted...

What he's saying is that he's still getting his ass handed to him. Before ghost he was blaming it on UAV spam and after ghost he's blaming it on lag comp. at least that's what I got out of it.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#6breakbad02Posted 11/17/2012 12:18:58 PM
Erupt50 posted...
What he's saying is that he's still getting his ass handed to him.

Uhh no Mr. Assume to know-it-all. What the guy is saying is, that lag is causing the enemy to see him before he sees them.

Trust me I've had it happen a few times now, most specifically in the map drone I believe it is, the one with the drone factory. Anyway, I went through one of the automatic doors on the lower level and got killed, didn't know how or why. The killcam of the person I hadn't even gone through the door yet.

While I haven't gotten it that much but lag kills like that are proof this game's lag is far worse than BO1.
#7Ryyaann_Is_Band(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 12:22:57 PM
All Ghost really does for you is allows to shoot more people in the back, which doesn't give the lag comp a chance to screw you (most of the time...). Head-to-head battles are still a tossup.

I'm beginning to believe this. If you're shooting someone in the back, chances are they are so bad you don't even need Ghost to begin with. If you have Ghost on and turn the corner on an unsuspecting enemy who is staring at his radar for UAV blips, the gunfight is a coin toss.

Derwood got it spot on. I thought that Ghost would "fix" the problem everyone has. Getting spotted on UAV when trying to flank -> Enemy knows you're coming = they have a better reaction -> they kill you in a gunfight. Now that I've had Ghost on for hours, it's more of less the same thing. Yeah, I'm able to kill a few more people in the back because they were too busy staring at the radar, but the winner of gun-on-gun fights are still random.
---
Ryyaann_Is_Band is warned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#8Joshie_xPosted 11/17/2012 7:51:45 PM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Derwood got it spot on. I thought that Ghost would "fix" the problem everyone has. Getting spotted on UAV when trying to flank -> Enemy knows you're coming = they have a better reaction -> they kill you in a gunfight. Now that I've had Ghost on for hours, it's more of less the same thing. Yeah, I'm able to kill a few more people in the back because they were too busy staring at the radar, but the winner of gun-on-gun fights are still random.

This is exactly my experience as well.
#9Mr_CumberdalePosted 11/17/2012 8:12:25 PM
Same here. This lag comp is honestly making this game unplayable. :(
#10KAnE3o1Posted 11/17/2012 8:14:23 PM
*tag
---
PSN: KAnE3o1/360:KAnE3o1
http://www.youtube.com/KAnE3o1