Black Ops 2 encourages camping without knowing it

#21ellez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 4:05:10 PM
When the enemy uses a UAV and I have no ghost, I know that they are coming for me. But why go out on a narrow pathway all blown up on UAV and get corner camped or ganged up by UAV noobs?

I rather stay in a good position (not a small room) and put betties around my spot until UAV is done. I might still die but I know I have a better chance.

Its not fair to weak players that to counter camping is the camp yourself. When good players start learning the maps, its going to be who's better at what corner.
#22laidiesmann24Posted 11/17/2012 4:08:45 PM
Pretty much everyone will use their prestige unlock on Ghost so lets wait a little bit and let the game evolve. I still agree with what TC said though.
#23FlintstoneKidPosted 11/19/2012 7:00:00 PM
I was just saying this to my clan....I agree totally!!
#24TecmoB0Posted 11/19/2012 7:05:06 PM
usually when people say rushing in a cod game is hard i just roll my eyes. not this time. i've never felt so dissuaded from moving before. i don't really wanna challenge head glitchers when i get 2 bursts off with the m8 shooting first and lose. think the headshot multiplier would come up somewhere on those 8 bullets, guess not.
---
Despondent transponder
#25duericPosted 11/19/2012 8:25:50 PM
I don't even think Treyarch knows what kind of tactics they're encouraging with this game.

I sure as hell can't figure it out.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#26IAMGLADIATORPosted 11/19/2012 8:38:02 PM
I wish Treyarch would start reading the threads on this board.

Everything TC is saying is correct this game by trying to take camping out has actually made camping a better option.
---
"Dawg The Booster Hunter"
#27SnakeEyes170Posted 11/19/2012 8:39:53 PM
why do people complain about "head glitching" when you can use a red dot for a free headshot on them or just shoot the wall under them and wreck them

the shoot the wall thing is only removed when they're behind dumpsters or other stuff unless you have an LMG. speaking of which, those might be good for it.
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#28duericPosted 11/19/2012 9:09:20 PM
SnakeEyes170 posted...
why do people complain about "head glitching" when you can use a red dot for a free headshot on them or just shoot the wall under them and wreck them

the shoot the wall thing is only removed when they're behind dumpsters or other stuff unless you have an LMG. speaking of which, those might be good for it.

I don't have an issue with clipping per se.

My issue is that I can't even see them until it's too late. I'm speaking of how people seem to blend in better in this game.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#29Halo_ForeverPosted 11/19/2012 10:09:03 PM
ellez posted...

Can't hear anything. It seems like the whole map is covered in carpet. Now, I believe if you are running, obviously your footsteps should be louder. It doesn't give the player a chance to react (Ive also done it to people and find it cheap). Why equip dead silence when everyone already has it? Ive spawned behind people and ran after them without them knowing I was behind them. Thus leads to camping..

I'd almost be ready to bet good money on that 80+% of the CoD fanbase doesn't soundwhore. However this does affect all the annoying campy sods whose favorite pastime was sitting in a corner with Ninja/SitRep Pro and a Heartbeat Sensor/Portable Radar/ Motion Sensor. So for my part that is win-win against camping, they can't hear me coming
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#30Halo_ForeverPosted 11/19/2012 10:16:24 PM
Zero IX posted...
Second, just learn the god damn maps. If I can learn effective ways to navigate the clutter of MW3's maps and take advantage of that game's sight lines, anyone can do the same in BO2, which actually has intelligently designed maps. This ties into my first point.

The sheer amount of headglitching is quite staggering, especially compared to BO1 which vanilla maps had close to none (the dumpsters that the "borrowed" from MW2 still had the effect). I only got the game yesterday (webstore messed up posting), but dear Lord do I hate some of the maps already.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....